Car modding/projects thread!

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I'm not sure how those with chamber exhausts would get the difference in sound? The ones that are packed with fiberglass and rockwool I can explain. Even those with perforations might get some carbon soot to fill up somewhat and change the sound. The only way I can see something like the my Banks made one to change is if the engine's ecu readjusted it's airflow. Going from a 2 1/4" to 3" I'm sure there is a learning process it goes through.

I say this not as a fact but I've done a number of exhausts in my day and have heard noticable changes in sound levels during the first few miles with a new one.
Question, when do the effects of speaker auditioning fail to translate to car exhausts? It's the same principles.

SheepStar

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
i didn't look at the whole thread. but is it a ricer thread ?

Matt34

Matt34

Sweet. Now you just gotta paint your face, put some feathers in your hair, and put on some football shoulder pads and drive around your neighborhood hanging out the window and screaming, Road Warrior style. :D
Three out of four count?:p

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Give it about 100-200mi or so, then they should open up. I felt the same way when I did my 350z and then my truck with the magnaflows but they both got louder as the miles past.
I've had Magnaflows on my truck for about 80k and the do get louder over time.
Always heard the packing gets matted down, then I found this on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkBrho_q2GI
I do think they hold the torch closer on the Magnaflow, the sample on the right side looks unaffected.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

There's lots of different makes in this thread. I wouldn't call them ricers either, eventually one of them will spank you.

SheepStar

sure, EVERYONE looses a race. but i will spank 500 of them first.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
sure, EVERYONE looses a race. but i will spank 500 of them first.
Which is what makes that one hurt the most ;) I would spank those same 500 moron ricers too, and they don't even qualify as Uncle Ben's because most of them don't know *#(*&^@ about cars or racing. It is simple to tell if the mods that have been done are of any use and just a few seconds of whatching them drive will tell you if they are a punk or if they know what they are doing.

I saw my first GTR on the street the other day and it literally made me angry because whoever was driving COULD NOT DRIVE. A sad waste of a fine machine. Pathetic.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

here are 2 pics . btw, i don't race morons, only nice cars.

Last edited:
just-some-guy

just-some-guy

guys, i am a "REAL" HOT RODDER. i don't "bolt on" chit. EVERYTHING is modded by me. MANY parts are made from billet, or whatever. i have $5000 in welding gear, one welder is a miller dynasty 200dx. and i have a lathe/mill.

a few more pics. oo, i just realized i have nearly no space left (just maxed it) i so will put pics on my own www and link em here. sometime soon. but for now.

Last edited:
just-some-guy

just-some-guy

oh. i don't know what it puts out. but HOT ROD mag did any engine like mine w/the same VORTECH supercharger. they had a bigger cam, but lesser other stuff, and did 500hp.

i need slicks. my 275-60-15 T/A radials are screaming for mercy. but make it fun to drive :cool:

my best is 13.8 @ 97, with lots of problems. i have since fixed many problems. and since added MANY more mods.

J

jvgillow

Full Audioholic
Well you learn something every day. I did not know that a '93 civic could go 137mph.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I did 140 in my Integra when it was completely stock (no engine mods at the time, only suspension), and a Civic is lighter.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis