rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Are you using isolation under your components?

That's a wonderful setup!

Rogo
Thanks Rogo, no additional isolation is used (or needed;)). They are just sitting on adjustable shelving in the cabinet.

It's good to be done with this latest project. The speakers are simply incredible for HT. But the big surprise is how good they sound with music. They present a larger sound stage than the Revels and image just as well. If there is any lack of detail, I can't hear it. I have become acoustomed to the look and it is nice not to worry about them being bumped or touched.

I'll say it again, if you want your HT to sound like a theater, you need lots of power and high effiency speakers like these. Using Audiophile speakers for HT is a waste of money as they won't get you the dynamics that these proaudio derived boxes produce.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
I need a new camera that is idiot proof. Here are some blue tint pics of the new EC (equipment closet) and cleaner looking front stage. I still need to clean up the wiring in the EC and make a decision on another sub (totally unnecessary).

I’m thinking of having a little GTG next weekend to demo the new audio and get some feedback. I know these speakers can ROCK, but I spent a couple of hours last night with some high quality acoustic recordings (DVD Audio from AIX records). I remain in awe of the JTR’s and at risk of sounding like a fan boy, if you ever get a chance to hear them I strongly suggest you do so.:cool:

EC from outside the room (in blue:p)

The wire mess (out of sight-out of mind:p)

My Acoustic Panel on drawer slides concept come to fruition.

The front

The sub

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I really dig the sliding panel!! I was thinking at first, w/o panel there, it was sort of a shame to have the electronics that visible... but that is too cool... !

I'll say it again, if you want your HT to sound like a theater, you need lots of power and high effiency speakers like these. Using Audiophile speakers for HT is a waste of money as they won't get you the dynamics that these proaudio derived boxes produce.
Ya know, I've wondered about such types of speakers. I could do it if ever one day I tried an AT screen. However, without any idea how they are for "audiophile" SQ", I have found myself ordering music titles. But, um, classical. I watched 3 of the 6 Brandenburg's last night, and will get to the Pyongyang concert soon. I didn't intend on buying the Rachmaninoff Piano concertos, but now I just might.

I was thinking, at certain times, it would've been nice to have the resolution of my 2-ch speakers. PSB Images do a lot of things well for the money... and Im sure those JTRs might leave them in the dust in certain ways... but I do wonder how much, if any, I'd give up going for some sick, effortless, midbass/midrange dynamics...

Matt34

Matt34

I watched the NIN Live: Beside You In Time (BD) last night, I could only imagine what it would have sounded like on the JTRs. Kick *** concert if your into that kind of music Rob.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
I really dig the sliding panel!! I was thinking at first, w/o panel there, it was sort of a shame to have the electronics that visible... but that is too cool... !

Ya know, I've wondered about such types of speakers. I could do it if ever one day I tried an AT screen. However, without any idea how they are for "audiophile" SQ", I have found myself ordering music titles. But, um, classical. I watched 3 of the 6 Brandenburg's last night, and will get to the Pyongyang concert soon. I didn't intend on buying the Rachmaninoff Piano concertos, but now I just might.

I was thinking, at certain times, it would've been nice to have the resolution of my 2-ch speakers. PSB Images do a lot of things well for the money... and Im sure those JTRs might leave them in the dust in certain ways... but I do wonder how much, if any, I'd give up going for some sick, effortless, midbass/midrange dynamics...
Thanks,

The sliding acoustic panel was one of a couple of door options. So far so good.

I haven't listened to much classical but everything else I have tried with the T12's has been great. The detail seems equal to the Revels, with better instrument separation and soundstage.

I was lucky in that I got to hear them before I bought them. I was expecting good things and it has worked out even better than anticipated:D.

Last edited:
rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
I watched the NIN Live: Beside You In Time (BD) last night, I could only imagine what it would have sounded like on the JTRs. Kick *** concert if your into that kind of music Rob.
Thanks Matt, I'll check it out.:cool:

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
I watched the NIN BR last night. You're right Matt, pure kick a$$:eek:;)

I have received a surprising number of negative comments about the look of the JTR's and how I have ruined the cool look of the HT. I find this interesting and amusing. I suppose if this were my living room then the comments would be warranted but in a dedicated space, who cares?

In any case, I couldn't he happier with the decision cause when the lights are down and the room is doing it's thing ... it's all good.:D

They are kind of like the woman with an incredible body and a face that's ... not so much.:p

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
It's your room so you can do what you want....correct?;)

I can see people saying this as your room was so classy and you had those sexy speakers but hey, we don't care how it looks compared to how it sounds. I would go with a hot body over a pretty face any day of the week!
I have received a surprising number of negative comments about the look of the JTR's and how I have ruined the cool look of the HT. I find this interesting and amusing. I suppose if this were my living room then the comments would be warranted but in a dedicated space, who cares?

In any case, I couldn't he happier with the decision cause when the lights are down and the room is doing it's thing ... it's all good.:D

They are kind of like the woman with an incredible body and a face that's ... not so much.:p

S

Sherardp

Audioholic
Sick room for sure, well done and I know those speakers must rock. What kind of amplification are you using for the JTRs? They look freaking beastly, like they would just slam the heck out of any room to say the least. I'd love to demo them.

Last edited:
croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
RMK,

The room/system looks great. It's obvious much thought went into it. Very nice!:cool:

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Sick room for sure, well done and I know those speakers must rock. What kind of amplification are you using for the JTRs? They look freaking beastly, like they would just slam the heck out of any room to say the least. I'd love to demo them.
Thanks, I have a Sunfire TGA 400/7. It does the job and slam they do.;)

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
OK, I'm done with the audio. JTR Triple 12LF LCR's and Danley THSPUD sub. I have made more detailed comments :)rolleyes:) about both of these in dedicated threads in the speaker and subwoofer sections of the forum.

I don't want to brag (yes I do;)) but this combo is the best I have ever heard for HT. I had another Forum member over for a quick demo and he used the term "Mini Imax". That about sums it up. Sorry for the gloating but it is pretty cool when you reach a goal.

Once again (cause we love pics:))
JTR's

Danley under the big muffin (neighbor's daughter named it)

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Rob, I think they look cool and I'm sure they rock the house. I really like the way you did the built out center channel shelf. I think the efficient effortless pro-sound is the way to go with both music and soundtracks. I can wait to see and hear them.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Rob, I think they look cool and I'm sure they rock the house. I really like the way you did the built out center channel shelf. I think the efficient effortless pro-sound is the way to go with both music and soundtracks. I can wait to see and hear them.
Thanks Rick, the center channel is on a separate box. Adding the base molding makes it look built-in and gives me more options … with my history, that is a good idea, no?:D

I'd like to have some witnesses (hobbyist types) and will try and get a demo together some time around or just after the holidays. It would be cool as you were here for the Fathom and PB13 demos. The Danley combined with the JTR's takes it to the next level.

E

EJ1

Audioholic Chief
How much better did you like the Triple 12LF's over the Triple 8's? I'm contemplating the Triple 8's with the new coax driver option. I would use them as the LCR and power them with an Emotiva XPA-3 or something similar. How are the speakers at lower volumes (not super low)? Thanks.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
How much better did you like the Triple 12LF's over the Triple 8's? I'm contemplating the Triple 8's with the new coax driver option. I would use them as the LCR and power them with an Emotiva XPA-3 or something similar. How are the speakers at lower volumes (not super low)? Thanks.
I was very impressed with the T8's. If the coax driver is similar to the one in the T12LF's, it should be an excellent speaker. I liked the std. T8 with music although we didn't play them at low volume;).

Last edited:
H

Highbar

Senior Audioholic
I absolutely love the looks of that front sound stage. If it sounds half as good as it looks it must be incredible. In a dedicated theater room I don't think there's any other way to go. The THSPUD looks incredible too and your reviews say nothing but praise. I only have one question, are you running rear speakers? I know you had them in there at one point just wondering if you decided to eliminate them or if you are still running something.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
I thought I saw inwall rears in one of the photos...

If the time as come to upgrade the rears, I have a pretty sick inwall solution to keep up with the front.

Egging rmk on to spend money is like my latest hobby.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis