Matt34

Matt34

1. HDMI receiver (Yamaha 663?)
2. 55" HDTV for living room, losing dedicated room to baby so no more projector.
3. Behringer DCX 2496 and EP2500
4. G-13 Classified---Expected delivery date NOV
5. G-13 Classified---Expected delivery date TBD

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
1) center channel - AV123 X-cs or Monitor Audio RS-LCR perhaps i don't need this, if and when i buy the PL100's i'll just move one of the KEF Q1's as my center.
2) new ps3 done
3) 3rd or 4th subwoofer for my HT on the way
4) Monitor Audio PL100 there will be a day that i get this, second to the last priority
5) BJC HDMI cables - ran out of short ones ; BJC speaker wire
6) auralex products - gramma, mopads
7) 5th and 6th subwoofer wife wants to see rosenut before ordering some more

that's that.

now that everything's being wrapped up, i find less and less things to be excited about in AV ... :(

there's no real subwoofer to be excited about ...

without the probability of upgrades, all this seems real boring ...

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jamie2112

Banned
My wish is to never work again...... and be agazillionaire....yeah thats it thats the ticket....:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
A working Hiwatt Custom 50. In the repair some As we type.

SheepStar

J

jamie2112

Banned
Thats not an amp
THIS is an amp:D:D:eek:

Last edited:
emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
1) trade in my dual 20" widescreens for a 30" LCD for photo editing, possibly an NEC or something (not coming any time soon)
2) Canon 5D Mark II/3D/6D/7D.... currently not in existence so I'm hoping for a product announcement soon
3) 2 stop soft and hard edge ND filters
4) timer remote release for my camera
5) new laptop. Waiting on the new Thinkpads to be released... probably 6 months away from this upgrade though
6) subwoofer for my stereo. No room for it though so this isn't likely until i move in a couple years
Guess I should update my list! Take #5 off it, got my T400 last Friday.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
1) New display
2) New Pre/pro
3) Get wiring behind the walls.
4) Music server solution for bedroom system.
5) Be debt free except for mortgage by May, which eliminates most of the above.
May as well update mine as well.

1. Yes.
2. No.
3. No.
4. Yes.
5. Trending is positive but the timing has been pushed back somewhat.

Mike, the Focal Electra 1007 Be is my original dream speaker even though I don't think I'll ever get them.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Jessica Alba is on my wishlist... but I don't think I'll ever get that :(

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
1) behringer EP2500 for my DIY sub OR d-sonic amp 525w x 3
2) Denon 3808 puts me further into red, but damn worth it
3) center channel - AV123 X-cs or Monitor Audio RS-LCR last priority
4) new ps3 next in line
5) 3rd or 4th subwoofer for my HT -> looking at the PB13 Ultra working on this one too, trying to pay existing debts first
6) Monitor Audio PL100 there will be a day that i get this, second to the last priority
7) BJC HDMI cables - ran out of short ones ; BJC speaker wire
1) done that x 2 [ordered a second one]
2) done that
3) not yet
4) done that
5) done that
6) not yet
7) done that

it's rare that i have my brother in the US to handle small orders for me, my wife gave me a budget of 650. right now i am 675 deep (amazon, deepdiscount, BJC, radioshack, AH store)

but i still want 170USD worth of gauge 10 cables from BJC and a BD for incredible hulk when it releases on october 15.

you think forgiveness better than permission? :D

on a side note, i bought me from the 675
radioshack
-5 terminal cups
-10 y adapters

deepdiscount
-rurouni kenshin season 2

amazon
-rurouni kenshin season 1 and 3
-iron man BD
-forbidden kingdom BD

ah store
-3 sets of mopads

BJC
-6 pairs locking banana plugs
-200 feet gauge 12 wire
-8 HDMI cables (2-3 feet)
-8 right angle adapters

still want
-200 feet gauge 10 wire
-incredible hulk BD

Last edited by a moderator:
Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Looking Good, Mike. You're making your way through that list pretty effectively.:) I've taken another from my list as well.

1) New display
2) New Pre/pro
3) Get wiring behind the walls.
4) Music server solution for bedroom system.
5) Be debt free except for mortgage by May, which eliminates most of the above.
1) Yes.
2) Yes.
3) No.
4) Yes.
5) No.

Although when I look at #3 and #5, I find they are mutually incompatible. If I were to rewire the house to accommodate the system, it would be a fairly big job involving a drywall ceiling in the basement and new electrical runs to the panel, ideally as part of a major remodel.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Looking Good, Mike. You're making your way through that list pretty effectively.:) I've taken another from my list as well.

1) Yes.
2) Yes.
3) No.
4) Yes.
5) No.

Although when I look at #3 and #5, I find they are mutually incompatible. If I were to rewire the house to accommodate the system, it would be a fairly big job involving a drywall ceiling in the basement and new electrical runs to the panel, ideally as part of a major remodel.
lets see..... and?:D

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
debt free? you know that means no audio stuff right ... perish the thought.

it's healthy for audioholics to have X number of debts reserved for AV :)

i'm working on X times 2. ;)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
lets see..... and?:D
Removing the drywall ceiling in the basement is a job I've been wanting to do for a long time and it would facilitate all the wiring I'd like to do on the main floor. But this is an old house and I'm no Norm Abrams. I am self admittedly a terrible handyman, to the point that my wife would not let me own power tools for the first seven or eight years of our marriage...for my own safety.:eek:

Because this is an old house, I know that any little project I start will turn into a major rebuild, like the time I had to replace the dishwasher that was in the house when we moved in. One thing led to another and by the time I was done, I had gutted the kitchen, replaced the sub-floor, laid new floor, painted, had all new cabinets installed and bought all new appliances except the fridge. And the basement will be worse in terms of "well, we did this so we might as well do that...and that...and that.... Besides, if I end up gutting and rebuilding the basement, I will build that into a proper home theater and I won't need to have the wiring done upstairs anymore.:D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
you think forgiveness better than permission? :D
Absolutely, much easier to be forgiven than to get permission.... just say
Look what I bought dear :p

I did that when I bought the Benchmark DAC-1 while my....... (ooops she is now my EX) was on a trip to Berlin

This all worked out beautifully to me.

-Harald

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Absolutely, much easier to be forgiven than to get permission.... just say
Look what I bought dear :p

I did that when I bought the Benchmark DAC-1 while my....... (ooops she is now my EX) was on a trip to Berlin

This all worked out beautifully to me.

-Harald
that's not very reassuring :eek:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis