Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Sounds like you didn't read the whole article. Fiorina, on a St Louis talk radio segment, said that Palin didn't have the experience or knowledge necessary to run a corporation.

Then, later, when asked about that comment on MSNBC, she elaborated that none of the POTUS or VP candidates did either.

The article makes this perfectly clear:
"
Not really.
For the remaining days after that interview, CNN would repeat the story (many times) with the clip edited.
It would mention only McCain and Palin.
Campbell Brown on CNN was still showing the edited clip, as of last night.
The story you refer to is only a summary of the actual interview.
(haven't looked for it today)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I hope you aren't suggested I didn't work in the I-Banking industry. If that's the case, you've made it clear to me you don't even understand what's involved when one enters that industry. This is public information obtainable off the NASD and/or SEC website.

Not at all.:confused:
What I am suggesting is: You don't know how politics really works.
Both parties take money and gifts, jobs for family members, etc. from lobbyists in all industries.

What I am suggesting is: There is little difference between the two parties.
Except for the groups they pander to, and the facades they present to the lemming public.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
But in the sentence you quoted, I was merely pointing out that by giving tax breaks to the people at the top, you're basically saying you trust them over the government.
Since the people at the top pay the most in taxes; I can understand why they would get a tax cut.
Though I'd like to see the middle class get a break.
They can't cut taxes for the people at the bottom, they pay nothing!

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Both parties take money and gifts, jobs for family members, etc. from lobbyists in all industries.

Except for the groups they pander to, and the facades they present to the lemming public.
I realized I was probably jumping the gun which is why I edited my post but you beat me to it; I tend to be very defensive. I completely understand that democrats are to blame as well. Both parties suck and I simply feel the democrats cause less damage.

You mention that those at the top pay more taxes than most. This is generally true in the case of the truly rich, but for those making under $500k/year, often it isn't. For example, many of the people I worked with who made loads of money, paid barely 15% in overall tax. I made out like a bandit during my year as well. It isn't right, but that's how it goes.

Now, who's in favor of a flat tax or lump-sum taxation system like the Swiss have :eek:

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I realized I was probably jumping the gun which is why I edited my post but you beat me to it; I tend to be very defensive. I completely understand that democrats are to blame as well. Both parties suck and I simply feel the democrats cause less damage.

You mention that those at the top pay more taxes than most. This is generally true in the case of the truly rich, but for those making under $500k/year, often it isn't. For example, many of the people I worked with who made loads of money, paid barely 15% in overall tax. I made out like a bandit during my year as well. It isn't right, but that's how it goes.

Now, who's in favor of a flat tax or lump-sum taxation system like the Swiss have :eek:
I really appreciate your honesty and candor.

As for the Flat Tax, I can't say I know all it's ramifications.
Though it does sound interesting.:)

Rick

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
There is little difference between the two parties.
This slander of Lemmings is uncalled for. Just because they are a little over exuberant in their thrill seeking behavior doesn't mean you should compare them to people.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja

Unfortunately, you are right. The Democrats are the lesser of two evils (mostly by virtue of being against the war, caring about the environment, and not pandering to the religious right), but they are far from perfect.:( I wonder if we will ever see any actually good choices again?

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Lemmings was one of my favorite games when I had an Amiga :D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
All politics aside, (just for a minute)

The way Palin is being bashed and investigated, and unfairly interviewed.

I don't know how much all my friends here know about psychology or sociology...
It tells me someone is afraid of her.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I don't think anyone is afraid of Palin, per se.

I think the liberals are afraid of how much Palin's entrance into this campaign has invigorated it and stolen some of the "young" and "different" luster from Obama's campaign.

I also think that it worries a lot of people that someone as young, woefully inexperienced, divisive, and extreme as Palin might become President in the near future.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I saw the Charlie Gibson interview with Palin, on ABC. (I use the term interview loosely)
He looked, and acted like he was interviewing a child molester. His chair was two to three inches higher than hers, and they were positioned almost knee to knee. He looked down his glasses at her, and continuously scowled the entire interview.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
It tells me someone is afraid of her.
I'm afraid of her. I'm pretty uninformed but I work for a living so I'm pro labor to begin with (not republican). Seeing as how I'm a construction rat I think I can just come out and say she ought to be at home raising her kids seeing as how she decided to have five of them. The last VP had the decency to shoot his victim in the face. There is no question that Sarah Conner here would be aiming straight for the .... :eek:

A

allargon

Audioholic General
I don't think anyone is afraid of Palin, per se.

I think the liberals are afraid of how much Palin's entrance into this campaign has invigorated it and stolen some of the "young" and "different" luster from Obama's campaign.

I also think that it worries a lot of people that someone as young, woefully inexperienced, divisive, and extreme as Palin might become President in the near future.
I'm afraid of a Palin presidency. Anyone who thinks men and dinosaurs occupied the planet at the same time should NOT have a finger on the button. I have plenty of friends who are anti-evolution but that whole Flintstones thing takes the cake. (Plus the elitist in *ME* thinks anyone who is rich and doesn't believe in birth control, Gardasil or abortions for their own children is someone from the trailer park or the ghetto with money. Hell, even most rednecks I know have their daughters on birth control.)

I almost vomitted in my chair watching an effing De Rothschild!!! call Obama elitist yesterday. That woman made me cringe when she said a McCain/Palin presidency would not endanger Roe v. Wade..err...right.

I hate discussing politics on tech sites, but I don't make $250k year. So the Bush tax cuts won't help me. Therefore, I'm voting with both my pocketbook and my gut for Nad..Barr..I guess Obama. (However, I live in very red TX. So, it really doesn't matter anyway.)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Perception is everything.
A person that is rabid Left or Right, will always see what they want to see.
Though, I have a feeling a neutral / independent person's view, regardless of education level, or knowledge of politics; has a sense when someone as personable as Palin is being treated unfairly.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Perception is everything.
A person that is rabid Left or Right, will always see what they want to see.
Though, I have a feeling a neutral / independent person's view, regardless of education level, or knowledge of politics; has a sense when someone as personable as Palin is being treated unfairly.
I don't believe she's being treated unfairly. All politicians go through a period of intense scrutiny. She brought some of it on herself by refusing to interact with the press during her first 2 weeks as the VP nominee. If you ignore the press, they'll eat you alive and even make up stories about you.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis