Florida Audioholics Get Together

majorloser

majorloser

The group has just voted.

There will be no pictures posted from this event due to the top secret material being auditioned today.

Just kidding

Matt34

Matt34

Hope that you all had a great time tonight! Good people, good gear, good booze, and I'm sure good tunes. Wish that I was there!
We need to put together a southwestern GTG Adam, just need to find a pad equivalent to Loser's to host it.:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
We need to put together a southwestern GTG Adam, just need to find a pad equivalent to Loser's to host it.:D
I agree! This past week, I've been thinking about PMing Major to find out what all is involved in it. I just don't think that my house would cut it. That, and I don't have that much gear! It would be nice to have a GTG around here.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
The group has just voted.

There will be no pictures posted from this event due to the top secret material being auditioned today.

Just kidding
I've been looking forward to this GTG since you first posted it.
Then when I saw this post of my mouth fell opened....and I finally saw the fine print.
Don't joke like that!!:D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I also am looking forward to seeing some pics of this great event. Hope you all had a blast. Wished I could had been there myself. Bet it was a lot of fun. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I was able to sneak out of work today from 2:30-4:00 and go to the GTG. I had to get back to work from 4:00-7:00. Like I stated previously Majorloser hosted a first class event. I hope he did take pictures because his demo "Rooms" where set up nice. All cables out of the way. Acoustic panels in place. Furniture removed. Seating for everyone. Food and drink. Speakers and Electronic racks in place. I was very impressed.

C

chronos56

Audioholic Intern
Thank You

Hey Gang,

Just a quick note to say THANK YOU to Majorloser and his gracious wife for hosting such an outstanding event. I had a wonderful time, both from the company and the music. I applaud everyone who brought gear, a major thanks to the guys from Emotiva, and thanks to Gene DellaSala for adding his experienced ear to the day.

I hope that we can all get together again sometime soon, its was a really good time.

Jim Johnson
Chronos56

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
I suppose that we need to be patient. After all, the Green Fairy might still be working her magic...
so, how many % do we discount their listening results due to the green fairy? :D

J

jvgillow

Full Audioholic
Ok here is the link to the standard quality photos:
http://picasaweb.google.com/jgillow/Majorloser_GTG

The high quality (6MP) photos are here for a limited time.

Thanks again Yvette and Dave. I will be back Sunday (oh look, it's Sunday already :p) to get my crap out of there :D

Thanks to Emotiva for bringing your new speakers and amps and to Audioholics. All the guys who brought other equipment too. Especially ScubaBob, for a short while my Minis got to experience Krell amplification which cost several times more than the speakers themselves :eek:

The final list of stuff I ended up taking in case anyone wanted to know

av123 Strata Minis
av123 X-SLS
av123 X-LS encore
av123 MFW-15 x 2
Emotiva LMC-1
Onix SP3 tube amp
Monster HTS3500mkii
APC H15
Panasonic BD30
Denon DVD-1930ci
Logitech Harmony 880
GIK Acoustics Tri-Traps
Philips component video switch (used for RCA audio switching)
Monoprice cables
Homemade speaker A/B switch
Radio Shack SPL meter
BFD (unused)
Onix CD5 (unused)
ATS Acoustics panels (unused)
CS-Ultra (unused)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks Jeremy (and everyone else there)! I'm just so impressed with everyone that was willing to lug their stuff over there, and to those that were willing to move it all around. Some of that stuff isn't light! Also a big round of applause to the Loser couple for hosting.

Not to look behind the curtain of the forum or anything, but are you fellas willing to put names (and screen names) to the faces?

Adam

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Im totally blown away right now after going through those pictures, OMG:):)!!!. You guys were truly in audio/video heaven. Can we get names to match those faces:D. BTW, props to MajorLoser and all in attendance!!!

J

jvgillow

Full Audioholic
Oh yeah this pic of the back of the Emotiva van needs zoom-and-crop treatment :D
(Think about what you can spell with those telephone numbers).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis