Florida Audioholics Get Together

Darth Mike

Darth Mike

Audioholic
I was fairly interested in participating but I just can't make it all the way to the other coast, my car would cost me too much. If I carpooled up with somebody from Tampa I'd be better off.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
All of these floridians in this thread yet NONE are currently registered for our SOTU event this October. Shame on you! :mad:

Seriously anyone coming to Majors faceoff will be entitled to FREE registration to our SOTU event this October. Just drop me a PM or email with your name, forum name, and phone#.

majorloser

majorloser

All of these Floridians in this thread yet NONE are currently registered for our SOTU event this October. Shame on you! :mad:
So it's true, you did delete my name off the list. :(

Seriously anyone coming to Majors faceoff will be entitled to FREE registration to our SOTU event this October. Just drop me a PM or email with your name, forum name, and phone#.
And I will be taking roll call next weekend :eek:

Last edited:
J

jvgillow

Full Audioholic
Where did my living room go? :eek:

Last edited:
J

jvgillow

Full Audioholic
So, are we gonna take a side trip to your house? :rolleyes:
Well if we were going to that I wouldn't have bothered with all the boxes :D

But my apartment definitely won't hold the crowd you are expecting so better to have them at your house I think :cool:

majorloser

majorloser

Blue Jean Cables

Just wanted to make a quick note that Blue Jean Cables was generous enough to help provide cables to help make this meet possible. For those that have not had an opportunity to see the high quality of their custom made cables this will be another bonus for the Florida group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Just wanted to make a quick note that Blue Jean Cables was generous enough to help provide cables to help make this meet possible. For those that have not had an opportunity to see the high quality of their custom made cables this will be another bonus for the Florida group.
Hmmm....it's looking more and more like I have to find a way to throw a bang-up Northwest GTG. ;)

Have a great meet!

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Nothing like personal service. Thanks Kurt ;)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Emotiva has just posted what gear they will be bringing this week:

http://emotivalounge.proboards54.com/index.cgi?board=meet&action=display&thread=1526&page=2#21371

The speakers just came into their offices today by FedEx.
We are going to be the FIRST group to get a chance to audition this equipment!
Awesome.........you guys are lucky!!!! Please take some pics Major as many of us are looking forward to seeing them. Gosh, wished I could be there. Good luck on such a well planned event.

Cheers,

Phil

majorloser

majorloser

Counting Down

It's getting closer to the big day. There has been very fluid plans around this event with the equipment audition list changing every day. I will work at making the equipment lists and attendance list updates today for those who want to check.

Emotiva has also received their new tower speakers and center channel just in time to load up on the truck before it leave Tennessee. There may even be some picture floating around out there in cyber space that will turn up. :rolleyes:

Again, for those of you that have planned on attending, please send me a PM before Friday night to confirm and to make sure you have good directions. There will be plenty to eat and drink. My place may be a little cramped, but I think we'll still have a good time!

P.S.- make sure you bring whatever material you wish to audition (Clint, leave the 8-tracks at home this time). But be aware, we will not have a BluRay player unless somebody wants to bring theirs.

J

jvgillow

Full Audioholic
There may even be some picture floating around out there in cyber space that will turn up. :rolleyes:
Sshhhh ;)

majorloser said:
P.S.- make sure you bring whatever material you wish to audition (Clint, leave the 8-tracks at home this time). But be aware, we will not have a BluRay player unless somebody wants to bring theirs.
Well shoot, I'm already bringing so much stuff if somebody needs BD I can bring the Panasonic BD30. I don't think there will be a HDMI-1.3 receiver though so the only lossless option is PCM 5.1 via the analog outs.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
It's getting closer to the big day. There has been very fluid plans around this event with the equipment audition list changing every day. I will work at making the equipment lists and attendance list updates today for those who want to check.

Emotiva has also received their new tower speakers and center channel just in time to load up on the truck before it leave Tennessee. There may even be some picture floating around out there in cyber space that will turn up. :rolleyes:

Again, for those of you that have planned on attending, please send me a PM before Friday night to confirm and to make sure you have good directions. There will be plenty to eat and drink. My place may be a little cramped, but I think we'll still have a good time!

Major, many of us would like to see the equipment list as well as those whom are attending. Are you just going to post a link to such information? Like I have mentioned before, wished I could attend and I am sure there are many others. We appreciate you taking the time to do all of this. Pics will also be a big plus.

Cheers,

Phil

majorloser

majorloser

Major, many of us would like to see the equipment list as well as those whom are attending. Are you just going to post a link to such information? Like I have mentioned before, wished I could attend and I am sure there are many others. We appreciate you taking the time to do all of this. Pics will also be a big plus.

Cheers,

Phil
Go to the first post. I constantly update it.

majorloser

majorloser

Weather Report For Saturday

I know there was a couple guys who were thinking about riding their bikes to the event. My only advice would be DON'T!

The weather report for Saturday looks ugly:

Saturday: Showers and thunderstorms likely after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 84. West southwest wind between 5 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Saturday Night: Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 71. West southwest wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=MLB&llon=-81.014583&rlon=-80.299583&tlat=28.440417&blat=27.722917&smap=1&mp=1&map.x=120&map.y=87

Also, for those who are bringing gear, I'll try and save parking by my home.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis