Have I been stood up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
good luck on saturday Joe! am i glad I caught my fish before she wised up. (high school sweet hearts)
Turns out she wasn't at work this Saturday. No doubt I will see her at some point, but who knows when?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Turns out she wasn't at work this Saturday. No doubt I will see her at some point, but who knows when?
Keep up the stalking. That's usually how I go about it. :)

Just kidding and good luck.

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
Walk into the store, club her over the head, drag her out by her hair and be done with it already. :D
That's how I met my wife. I hit her over the head with a shovel (really I did) There was a big snow storm in DC back in 97, I help her shovel out her car (one of many that morning). On one particular back swing I conked her good. We went up to my place where I got an ice pack and started massaging her head. Then my hands went to here shoulders for a while, then my hands went to her br..... (hey moderator can I continue this story somewhere?).

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
That's how I met my wife. I hit her over the head with a shovel (really I did) There was a big snow storm in DC back in 97, I help her shovel out her car (one of many that morning). On one particular back swing I conked her good. We went up to my place where I got an ice pack and started massaging her head. Then my hands went to here shoulders for a while, then my hands went to her br..... (hey moderator can I continue this story somewhere?).
LOL - awesome. :D Nothing says love at first sight like a fast-beating heart and a goose-egg knot on your head from a shovel! I'm glad I'm not out in the dating world anymore... sheesh - I've got horror stories. I ruined a perfectly good first date one time, by accidentally farting in the girl's face. True story. Good thing about being married is that now I actually try to put the wife in a 'Dutch Oven' at night!! :D

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
by accidentally farting in the girl's face! :D
What a Boer! I'm sorry Halon, but at the risk of appearing indelicate, how excatly was her face that close to your posterior? :eek: I am genereally not interested in these types of things (remotely...at all), but you have piqued my interest with this one statement...particularly on a first date. It just sounds rather primal. And well, how exactly did this occur? :D I'm just not going to let you off that easy Halon! :p;)

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
What a Boer! I'm sorry Halon, but at the risk of appearing indelicate, how excatly was her face that close to your posterior? :eek: I am genereally not interested in these types of things (remotely...at all), but you have piqued my interest with this one statement...particularly on a first date. It just sounds rather primal. And well, how exactly did this occur? :D I'm just not going to let you off that easy Halon! :p;)
No, no... I wouldn't expect it from the likes of you John! :D Well, didn't want to hijack this thread, but since you asked, here goes: The date went really well for the most part, and after going out for a nice bite to eat, we decided to take a leisurely stroll down by the river near downtown - anyone from Tampa will know where I am talking about - there is a wall that is about waist to chest high that runs along one side of the river, a sidewalk beside that (where we were walking), and the skyscrapers of downtown beyond that. Well - we decided to hop up and sit on the wall for a while, with our feet hanging down, over the water. As I was swinging my legs up and over, she happened to turn in my direction at the same time, while reaching down to knock something off of her shoe. Her face entered the danger zone, just as I let out a very unexpected, and very loud seismic event.

(sigh...) I finished pulling my legs around and let them hang over the water as intended, but my face must have looked like I had just seen a puppy run over by a bus. I have to hand it to the girl - she offered a courtesy smile, but said nothing (it was the first date after all). She had the power to make me throw myself in the river at that point, but kept quiet about the affair. But, needless to say, the damage was done, and our first date was christened to be our last date. :( :D

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Her face entered the danger zone, just as I let out a very unexpected, and very loud seismic event.
Huh. Well, thank you for the intriquing story Halon. ;) You certainly seem to have moved on, and appear fairly well-adjusted after such a debacle. Relatively minor things like this happen all the time (nothing like your occurence...but you get what I mean) that seem monumental at the moment, and are put into perspective later. Have you tried Beano? :p;) Halon, you're a lot of fun. ;)

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Joe: I think some valuable things can be taken from a number of posts here. I would always be yourself, polite and kind. Yes the first date should be no more than coffee. Asking one out a second time is certainly proper, if you deem fit, and remain a gentleman. I would never infer anything about anything (ulterior motive for the email, etc.). It's just a waste of time. Also, there are a lot of available women, so if this doesn't pan out, calmly and deliberately look elsewhere. Most women I know appreciate confidence, kindness and interest in her (and the desire to listen and communicate). Whatever attributes you have...let them be known...without being pompous (in other words, display your attributes). Cheers, John

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
What a Boer!
I think many South Africans of British descent would be appalled by this association. I don't think the Boors would mind though, what with being boorish and all.;)

Edit: perhaps Clint might be troubled with that association as well.:D

Last edited:
Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Huh. Well, thank you for the intriquing story Halon. ;) You certainly seem to have moved on, and appear fairly well-adjusted after such a debacle. Relatively minor things like this happen all the time (nothing like your occurence...but you get what I mean) that seem monumental at the moment, and are put into perspective later. Have you tried Beano? :p;) Halon, you're a lot of fun. ;)
I aim's to please, pal. ;) Yeah I'm long over the event, in fact I laugh myself silly everytime I think about it. I don't really have a problem with gas, just a case of extremely bad timing. :D

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
I think many South Africans of British descent would be appalled by this association. I don't think the Boors would mind though, what with being boorish and all.;)

Edit: perhaps Clint might be troubled with that association as well.:D
I certainly hope not Dave. I again find myself explaining my post out of pc'ness. ;)

I use the Boer term with only complete and utter affection. I was first introduced to their situation in 1980 via the movie Breaker Morant (great movie btw). So it was with no ill will that I apply that simile. :)

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Where on Earth do you get pics like that Clint? :eek:

A veritable shebeast...primal! :eek::p

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Joe,

How many times did you see her? How many times did you have a good long discussion with her (one that went well)? How old is she? How old are you?

Give me those, and I can tell you weather or not you were stood up.

SheepStar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis