Have I been stood up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Anyway, give it at least a week before you start to concern yourself about this.
I am always in that bookstore on Saturday, and she often works then. I am going to try to avoid saying anything, and just see how she reacts when she sees me. As Strat said, if she lost the address she will surely say so then.
If I meet someone else I want to date between now and then, I will not hold back (this is unlikely as I am mainly at work during the week, and I think that asking someone at work would invite trouble.)

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
If I meet someone else I want to date between now and then, I will not hold back (this is unlikely as I am mainly at work during the week, and I think that asking someone at work would invite trouble.)
I would not have that attitude if I were you. Your true love might be right there at work in front of you and you don't even know it yet. NEVER rule anything out. :)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I met my wife at work and this year will be our 17th anniversary. That employer is long forgotten, but we're still together. It doesn't matter where you find somebody, just that you do find them.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Walk into the store, club her over the head, drag her out by her hair and be done with it already. :D

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Joe, maybe she's a conservative and knows about you from your reading habits. ;)

Seriously, just be yourself. You've shown your interest and availability. That's all that's required. If she likes who you are, chances are you'll also like the person she is...and you'll get together through a natural, easy process. Never force anything. If a relationship is in the making, it will come of its own accord without forcing (or being nervous about) a thing.

Good luck with Angela...nice name. But Gable is right about chumming the waters. Plenty o' fish out there.

Oh yeah...women are security conscious. (You know...like Halon's clubbing technique, lol.) Asking her out for coffee or perhaps lunch might have been a better tactic.

Last edited:
B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
It is a volume game, the more you meet, the higher your chances. Keep casting.

I just got a movie flashback from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High". It was the scene where Damone was explaining to Ratner how to pick up chicks. It's all about the vibe & the attitude!!
LOL

Mike Damone: I mean don't just walk in. You move across the room. And you don't talk to her. You use your face. You use your body. You use everything. That's what I do. I mean I just send out this vibe and I have personally found that women do respond. I mean, something happens.
Mark Ratner: Well, naturally something happens. I mean, you put the vibe out to 30 million chicks, something is gonna happen.
Mike Damone: That's the idea, Rat. That's the attitude.
Mark Ratner: The attitude?
Mike Damone: Yeah! The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

Classic:cool:

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
So we just need to make certain that Joe has the correct Led Zepplin CD when he finally gets her in the car?
I just got a movie flashback from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High". It was the scene where Damone was explaining to Ratner how to pick up chicks. It's all about the vibe & the attitude!!
LOL

Mike Damone: I mean don't just walk in. You move across the room. And you don't talk to her. You use your face. You use your body. You use everything. That's what I do. I mean I just send out this vibe and I have personally found that women do respond. I mean, something happens.
Mark Ratner: Well, naturally something happens. I mean, you put the vibe out to 30 million chicks, something is gonna happen.
Mike Damone: That's the idea, Rat. That's the attitude.
Mark Ratner: The attitude?
Mike Damone: Yeah! The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

Classic:cool:

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I am always in that bookstore on Saturday, and she often works then. I am going to try to avoid saying anything, and just see how she reacts when she sees me. As Strat said, if she lost the address she will surely say so then.
Joe, I wouldn't act cold toward her when you see her.
The way you handle this situation, regardless if you date her or not; will show a lot, in her eyes.
You never know, she may have a sister, or girlfriends; they're are all potential mates.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I was just waiting for you guys to chime on in, cavemen are known to be quite the ladies men, clubbing, though effective and traditional, has given way to a more genteel approach, frankly if times were different, I wouldn't hesitate to go up to her and let her have it right smack in the middle of the noggin', but with attorneys these days and politcal correctness, the whole field has changed, you gotta evolve you know? So my approach is a little more....sapien like, wimpish, flowery, I don't know....sometimes the club says things that the tongue can't.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Joe, I wouldn't act cold toward her when you see her.
The way you handle this situation, regardless if you date her or not; will show a lot, in her eyes.
You never know, she may have a sister, or girlfriends; they're are all potential mates.
I didn't mean to imply that I would act cold, just not pushy or overeager. Better to let her volunteer an explanation than to press her for one.
As for "other fish in the sea", that is true, but I happen to really like this particular fish. (Also, it is not so easy at my age. Many or most of the age-appropriate women I find attractive are already married or in a long-term relationship.)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
During the amount of time you have posted on this one thread, you could have asked out around 20 more office hotties:D
I didn't mean to imply that I would act cold, just not pushy or overeager. Better to let her volunteer an explanation than to press her for one.
As for "other fish in the sea", that is true, but I happen to really like this particular fish. (Also, it is not so easy at my age. Many or most of the age-appropriate women I find attractive are already married or in a long-term relationship.)

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
During the amount of time you have posted on this one thread, you could have asked out around 20 more office hotties:D
The vast majority of "office hotties" here are married. The rest are too young for me by a wide margin.:cool:

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
cavemen are known to be quite the ladies men, clubbing, though effective and traditional, has given way to a more genteel approach, So my approach is a little more....sapien like, wimpish, flowery, I don't know....sometimes the club says things that the tongue can't.
The first Metro-sexual caveman!:D

Thaedium

Thaedium

Audioholic
To this day my wife says what attracted her to me was my self-assuredness and humour. I'm not tying to toot my whistle, just give you advice that worked for me for years.

Doh, I'm late to this thread. Stratman, I thought it would have been your well defined brows, hehe.

Anyways, I doubt you were stood up as much as put off. Like you said, their were people in line behind you. A date is a tough sell to anyone whos busy at working.

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
Well, the immediate give away was she asked for you're e-mail address. For anything but work, E-mail is for geeks and pedophiles. If a girl asks for my e-mail address, I'll give it to them, but, it's pretty much understood that the reason they are giving me their/taking my e-mail address is because they don't want to give their phone number.

Don't forget "office hotties" have sisters and girl friends.
Yeah, getting on the good side of taken girls usally ends up with a hookup with a friend or sister.

As far as the "age" of office hotties....Are you looking for love or to get laid? Love, you might want to find someone fairly close to you're age, other than that, pft.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
The Wendy's fish sandwich, is also a well known, great icebreaker.:D
I wouldn't recommend taking her out to Wendy's on the first date though- save the fish sandwich for something more special... 6 month anniversary perhaps...

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja

No, there isn't anything that is sure. When you see her, she will be busy at work, thinking about work related things (unless she is a slacker). It is entirely possible that your email address will slip her mind at the moment you see her. Do not read too much into what someone fails to do. She does not know you well, so even if you're the greatest guy in the world, you may not always be in the front of her mind.

I recommend being friendly without being pushy. Try to be relaxed, and if you're a great guy, just try to be yourself.

And remember, she is at work. This affects how she will behave, unless she is a fool who does not know what she is doing. So, if you really like her, remember to not be pushy at all. Obnoxious jerks are often very pushy, and you don't want her to mistake you for one, right?

You seem like you have some sense. I may have to start looking for your audio related posts to see what you have said about other things...

I think you are right to be careful about office romance. It can work out okay, but it can also lead to all sorts of problems. I would not rule it out completely, as your (if you will pardon the expression) "soul mate" could be there, but I would not recommend looking at work as a primary meeting place. Anyway, you have no commitment with the woman at the bookstore, so, of course, you are free to keep your eyes open at all times.

And don't get too attached to someone you don't know too well, as she may not be what you imagine her to be. Be slow, and take your time getting to know her. That Aesop's fable about the tortoise and the hare is applicable to many things, and is so commonly remembered and remarked upon that it has become trite because it has much truth in it.

One more bit of advice: Whenever looking for advice on the internet like this, always think carefully about whatever is being said, regardless of who says it. Think about it all for a while (a day or two at the least) before deciding which, if any, of the advice you will actually use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis