Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Matt34

Matt34

Picked up a copy today for the PC, EB Games had a couple not reserved so I lucked out as Wal-Mart's selection was cleared out by the time I got there.

Going to upload it here in a bit and will report back.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
This one looks great. I really wasn't impressed with COD3, but this one looks much better.

evilkat

evilkat

Senior Audioholic
I've been playing the demo non-stop and I love this game. Can't wait to pick up my copy! Frankly I think I'm going to forgoe the purchase of UT3 and get this game instead.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
I got my gamefly rental for PS3 coming in tomorrow. It has gotten great reviews.

majorloser

majorloser

Picked up a copy today for the PC, EB Games had a couple not reserved so I lucked out as Wal-Mart's selection was cleared out by the time I got there.

Going to upload it here in a bit and will report back.
Haven't you had enough of the real thing? :confused:

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Sweet. Coincidentally, just finished COD3 tonight :) This is going to be an expensive holiday: COD4, GH3, Rock Band, Orange Box, Smash Bros, Mario Galaxy...

Matt34

Matt34

I got through the first couple levels and so far it's living up to the hype. Cut scenes are pretty darn good and the weapon detail is awesome!

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
I got through the first couple levels and so far it's living up to the hype. Cut scenes are pretty darn good and the weapon detail is awesome!
Have you played Advanced Warfighter 2 and if you have which would you say is better?

Matt34

Matt34

Have you played Advanced Warfighter 2 and if you have which would you say is better?

I've played it on Xbox and wasn't a big fan of AW2. So far COD4 is a better game, especially in the graphics department.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I didn't even finish the demo for AW2. I just wasn't that impressive, though it had a few features I liked, the overall gameplay wasn't that interesting.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I played the xbox 360 demo at my friends place, and it had awesome graphics, and the gameplay was pretty good too.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
So which is the better version? 360 or PS3? IGN has a head-to-head, but you have to be a subscriber :(

N

nick1000000

Full Audioholic
So which is the better version? 360 or PS3? IGN has a head-to-head, but you have to be a subscriber :(
COD 4 is available on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC, and each version holds up admirably. The differences between the two console versions feel mostly negligible. Both systems deliver good frame rates and have good, easy-to-use multiplayer setups that most closely resemble Halo 2 and 3's party system and matchmaking playlists. The PC version of the game uses a more traditional server browser to get you into games. Both systems work just fine on their respective platforms. The PC version has the ability to run in a higher resolution, if you're equipped with a PC that can handle it, but it seems to scale quite well. You can also create servers that allow up to 32 players to play at once on the PC, as opposed to a limit of 18 in the console versions, but given the size of the multiplayer maps, putting 32 players in them makes things a little too crowded. Despite listing 1080p support on the back of the box, COD 4 appears to prefer 720p on the PlayStation 3. The only way to get it to run in 1080p is to tell your PS3 that your TV doesn't support 720p or 1080i, but the difference seems minor. Either way, you'd be hard-pressed to tell it apart from its Xbox 360 counterpart. And all versions control just fine, making the decision over which version to buy totally dependent on which controller you like the most.

Courtasy of gamespot.com

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
I am guessing for online play the xbox360 version will be better because of xbox live.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
I just read the IGN insider that has a head-to-head between the PC/PS3/360 and they said that the PC version is the best one because of graphics. They also said that PS3 and 360 versions are almost identical except that PS3 version has better lighting and the backgrounds look a bit better. The online is identical on both consoles in terms of set-up. One thing the 360 version has that the PS3 lacks is some achievements for campaign mode. But other than that from my reading they pretty much rank it like this:

1st place: PC
2nd place: PS3
3rd place: Xbox 360

evilkat

evilkat

Senior Audioholic
I just got the PC game last night, and good lord, this games BLOWS me away! I think the best way to describe this game is INTENSE! And they've really worked on their story-telling because there is a nice story line to accompany the gorgous visuals! If there's one game you get in this awesome PC game season, make sure it's COD4!

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I just picked up a new 8800GT and this game.

Holy crap, it's so awesome. Very cinematic. I'm running at 1680x1050 with all the settings all the way up. Not bad for a $240 graphics card.

Awesome, awesome game.

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
If you've played one CoD game, you've played them all.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis