Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
FPS on consoles are just plain bad, and it comes down to one simple thing, controls.

You cannot beat a PC for FPS style games.
This is truth.
I just played CoD4 for the 360 today, and seriously, I could rant about how PC controls are so much better for FPS's for ever, but I won't.

Also, I disagree that consoles are better for multiplayer than PC's. i.e. a LAN party XD I just went to one with a couple of my friends a few days ago. It's not nearly as easy to set up as consoles. But everyone having there own system with there own screen with the own keyboard and mouse and custom controls is so much better than player split screen. Especially since there is no screen peaking. XD

Also, I would say the going back and playing perfect dark not to long ago, I thought the controls were clunky as hell.

I guess i would sum it up with this: I play console for pretty much every other kind of game except FPS

SopRage

SopRage

Audioholic
I don't think many console gamers play split-screen any more either. In fact, with the exception of Halo 3, it's almost impossible to find an FPS I can play online that will allow my wife and I to play split-screen!

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Counter-Strike is one game that I feel can only be played with keyboard and mouse, other than that consoles are awesome for FPS IMO. I love the xbox 360 controller, it is my favorite controller for any console that has been built up to this point.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
PC gaming is for the soloist or online gamer, not for those who want to play with friends live and in person.

Yeah yeah, argue the Gaming-HTPC all you want, I've done it and it is not even close to any console. I'd rather play Mario Kart for SNES on a 27" tube TV than play the best PC game with the best system on a 103" plasma if I'm playing live and in person with other people.

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
Two words......Mario Kart.

mmmmmmm
I'd rather play Mario Kart for SNES on a 27" tube TV than play the best PC game with the best system on a 103" plasma if I'm playing live and in person with other people.
Let me clear things up, my comment was only directed towards FPS's. I totally agree with you there, some of my favorite, mario kart, super smash bros, and soul caliber would be utter crap on PC

PC gaming is for the soloist or online gamer, not for those who want to play with friends live and in person.

Yeah yeah, argue the Gaming-HTPC all you want, I've done it and it is not even close to any console. I'd rather play Mario Kart for SNES on a 27" tube TV than play the best PC game with the best system on a 103" plasma if I'm playing live and in person with other people.
Duuuuuuude, no. I agree, PC single player is something you can only play with by yourself. But all the time at college my friends and I would all go online on the same server and it was fun as hell. It's so much more fun when you are playing with/against your friends while in the midst of a bunch of people you don't know. And if you frequent a server enough, you come to know a lot of the people that go to that server to.

And then there are LANs. I had one last week with 8 of my friends, all bringing their computers over to one person's apartment, and playing against each other. Live and in person. we all have our own screens, our own systems, are own controls that suit us. Last time I checked you can only get 4 xbox's together (that might be totally wrong), which means only 4 people if you all want your own screen. Point is to say that PC gaming does not include playing with friends is pretty much discarding why I enjoy playing PC games so much.

Nemo128

Nemo128

You're right, but how many 30 yr olds do you see at a LAN party. Or in a college dorm playing Counterstrike. I remember those days.

And how many of those are living in their mom's basement? :)

PastorOfMuppets

PastorOfMuppets

Audiophyte
I've played Modern Warfare on both PC and Xbox, I think the aiming on PC is much more precise (hence no auto aim), but movement is much easier for me with 2 joysticks.

I stick with Consoles for shooters, and PCs for RTS games. Thats my preference, mainly because I first played shooters on consoles. Idk, to each his own.

H

HighBomber

Enthusiast
I hope Modern Warfare 2 can live up to its predecessor.

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
What version are you guys buying? I'm finding it hard to shell out the extra $20 for the hardened version since I don't really know if the extra stuff is worth it. Metal Case, CoD1, and art booklet...inono, lol. Since I'm getting it for PC, they don't have the prestige version for that, but it seems kind of humorous.

Nemo128

Nemo128

360 version + whatever map packs they offer on Live.

S

septim

Audioholic
What version are you guys buying? I'm finding it hard to shell out the extra $20 for the hardened version since I don't really know if the extra stuff is worth it. Metal Case, CoD1, and art booklet...inono, lol. Since I'm getting it for PC, they don't have the prestige version for that, but it seems kind of humorous.
Most of the time collector's editions are stupid, just ways for the developers to milk their hardcore fans. There are a few exceptions but most of the time I find the increased price laughable.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Most of the time collector's editions are stupid, just ways for the developers to milk their hardcore fans. There are a few exceptions but most of the time I find the increased price laughable.
Yeah, like the one for Modern Warfare 2 - comes with a REAL set of night vision goggles (which have no use for the game...).

E

Earnhardt09

Audiophyte
It better! Modern Warfare to me is by far the best CoD game in the series.
According to sources, MW2 will be very similar to it's predecessor. They aren't revamping the game in many ways which I think is a good thing. In fact, many of the weapons from the original Modern Warfare are making a return.

It's hard to say at this point in time, but I think they have a solid sequel on their hands. The biggest complaint most gamers will have about MW2 is that it does nothing innovative. Other than that, it will be an excellent game that refines and perfects (I am hoping) everything that the original Modern Warfare did.

P

pacers721

Audiophyte
i hope the online mode fore this game is as popular as modern warfare 1

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis