UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I was cruising the Speed F1 forums and have found out that Ferrari have reportedly had a breakthrough and improved the mechanical grip on the car. They also are introducing an aero update as well.

http://insider.speedtv.com/viewtopic.php?p=2884585#2884585

I hope this bodes well for them in the next few races. Kimi on top for all three, Massa second in at least two, Alonso no higher than 1 second place, and Hamilton off the podium for all but one will gve Kimi his first championship. I know, it is a long shot but I can hope. ;)

A DNF for either one or both McLaren drivers would be a SERIOUS boost.
...annunaki reaches for his voodoo dolls...

annunaki

annunaki

That was a good one.

I do not go that far. :D

Though it is a thought...

annunaki

annunaki

Raikonnen, Massa 1 & 2 for the first free practice. 5th & 3rd for the second. Kimi says they were trying different setups in the afternoon and it was not quite right. Massa says they were doing long runs and race prep to check out race pace. I think Massa was probably more telling than Kimi here. It seems that McLaren may have the better one lap pace for quali but Ferrari will have better race pace.

If that is the case they should be able to get a victory. If they go lighter in the first stint on fuel (say a lap or two heavier than McLaren as they (McLaren) will probably go a bit light to get pole) so they can stay within 5 secs by the first round of stops, they may be able to pass in the pits. They could then fuel a bit heavier in the second stint to stay out longer than the McLarens as they would already have a two lap advantage.

Who knows Saturday's practice will be more telling. I can't wait until quali.

If the race pace is that much better than McLaren's they could perhaps just pass on track. :D

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I hope so, I've got the race programmed for 12:30 on SPEED TV.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Well Hamilton was brilliant, Kimi put up a brave effort and Massa?....Well he's nuts!! It looked more like an unlimited hydroplane event than a car race, the rooster tails were unbelievable, I was expecting to see the Miss Budweiser careening down the track. :D

annunaki

annunaki

Way to blow it Ferrari. :rolleyes:

I find it hard to believe they were the only team to not get the memo about the full wet tires. Had they been able to follow the rules they would have probably gotten a 1-2 finish here, or at least a Raikkonen win.

Hamilton NEEDS to DNF in China. I am crossing my fingers and purchasing my Voodoo dolls. :D

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja

I find it hard to believe they were the only team to not get the memo about the full wet tires. Had they been able to follow the rules they would have probably gotten a 1-2 finish here, or at least a Raikkonen win.

Hamilton NEEDS to DNF in China. I am crossing my fingers and purchasing my Voodoo dolls. :D
That was a lame excuse by Ferrari, haven't they heard of e-mail? What are the odds of Hamilton DNFing? I'm not a gambling man, but those odds can't be too good. Ferrari could've done much better.:mad:

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan

Where's Ross when you need him...

Massa into Hamilton in turn #1???

SBF1

annunaki

annunaki

I was really impressed with Vettel until he rammed Webber during the safety car. He can drive in the wet.

Webber was having a superb drive until that point too. He could have challenged Hamilton for the win, or at least took him out. :)

I thought Sutil would have had a better showing this weekend too.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
That was one of the most frustrating races I've seen in a while.:mad:

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Heck, they could pay off one of the other teams to do it for them.
I'm really, Ralf's not doing anything worthwhile on the track
I was thinking Sato. He might do it with out even trying:D

johndoe

johndoe

Audioholic
and it all comes down to Interlagos. Oh, my, what an eventful season.
I have these three questions for the audioholic/F1 fans:

1. Who do you think will win, and why?
2. Who would you like to win, and why?
3. Who shouldn't win, and why?

My own answers:
1. I have a hunch that Alonso is going to pull it off again. But I don't know why, that's why they call them hunches.
2. As much as I am NOT a tiffosso, I think it's Kimmi's turn.
3. Hamilton, because there's no way but down from there. He should win next year, though.

J

JKL1960

Audioholic
1. Who do you think will win, and why?

Hamilton. The lead he has gives him the advantage. It will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure now. At the start of the season he had no pressure and performed well. This last race will put more pressure on him than all year long. Maybe he is a choker, maybe not. I am impressed with his talent though.

2. Who would you like to win, and why?

Alonso. I like Alonso and think he is easily the best driver in the series right now. Speed seems to follow him where he goes. He actually displayed some outstanding driving early in the season to keep from colliding with a certain aggressive rookie. :)

3. Who shouldn't win, and why?

Ralph Schumacher because he is just way too far behind in the points. If he wins it will be because the FIA gives it to him because they miss the name Schumacher. This year, that wouldn't surprise me. ;)

annunaki

annunaki

1. Kimi will win and Massa will be second. Alonso will come in third or will have taken Hamilton out. Ferrari is going agressive. There are small things they can still do to the engines. Ferrari will be sure to do something to them knowing they only need to last one race. Kimi is in relaxed super speed mode right now. He will be tough to beat.

2. Kimi should win. He deserves it after all his DNFs and bad luck

3. Hamilton or Alonso ahould not win as they are in a car that was ruled to have an unfair advantage as the spygate saga proved. To say the driver's have not gained anything from that knowledge is absurd. Not to mention it will really make Ron Dennis chapped knowing that even when cheating he cannot win. :D

Last edited:
stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
1. Kimi will win and Massa will be second. Alonso will come in third or will have taken Hamilton out. Ferrari is going agressive. There are small things they can still do to the engines. Ferrari will be sure to do something to them knowing they only need to last one race. Kimi is in relaxed super speed mode right now. He will be tough to beat.

2. Kimi should win. He deserves it after all his DNFs and bad luck

3. Hamilton or Alonso ahould not win as they are in a car that was ruled to have an unfair advantage as the spygate saga proved. To say the driver's have not gained anything from that knowledge is absurd. Not to mention it will really make Ron Dennis chapped knowing that even when cheating he cannot win. :D
I never understood why the FIA didn't hold the drivers responsible too, or make them race in last year's cars, they did have an unfair advantage.

annunaki

annunaki

6 more days until judgment day. The best part is we can watch it Live on Sunday afternoon!!!! Whooo Hooo!!!

Good thing the Packers have a bye or they would've been skipped. Friday at work is going to stink. I can't view live timing because my work computer does not support Java. Maybe I could take a long lunch and stop in at a local sports pub. Yeah, that sounds like a great idea.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I'm more psyched over this than football! To be fair though the fish are 0-6:eek: LONG LIVE FERRARI!!!!!

annunaki

annunaki

I hope Kimi just dominates with Felipe 10 seconds behind. Leave the rest for chance. With a Kimi win and a loss of the WDC there will surely be a change in the points system next season awarding the winner with more. If Kimi wins he will have more wins than anyone else (6 wins to 4 or 5 for the champion, Hamilton or Alonso respectively).

I hope that Hamilton gets taken out or has a miserable weekend. History does not bode well for Hamilton. The last 8 times there has been a three-way fight for the WDC going into the last round, the points leader at the time has only won it (WDC) three times.

Bernie had a great idea. :eek: I know, pick up your jaws off the floor. He suggested that the winner get 15 pts and the rest of the field stay the same at 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. That way the system puts more emphasis on winning. I completely agree here.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis