gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Resident Loser said:
...they're laughing all the way to the bank...and their satisfied customers are being entertained after some simple plug'n'play scenario, not debating (if that's what this banter might be called) Bose and their sinister plot to rule the audio world...

Now you can all go back to watching your tee-vees and the laser-totin' mechanical lizards...

jimHJJ(...really need absolute accuracy to do that don't we?...)
My lizard isn't mechanical.

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Ok...

gmichael said:
My lizard isn't mechanical.
...maybe not...does it carry a laser or other disruptive device that might prove hazardous to carbon-based life forms?

jimHJJ(..iguana go now...in case I don't get another chance, have a Happy Thanksgiving...)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Resident Loser said:
...maybe not...does it carry a laser or other disruptive device that might prove hazardous to carbon-based life forms?

jimHJJ(..iguana go now...in case I don't get another chance, have a Happy Thanksgiving...)
I'll never tell.

N

NoName69

Audiophyte
unbelievable !

I was just reading www-intellexual-net/bose.html

There is a one BIG MAJOR FLAW in this article. It starts off stating "Upon reading his site, I vowed to represent our side: the TRUTH. However, knowing very little about the products themselves other than the fact that they sound bad for the price, I took it upon myself to audition the Bose AM-15 ..."

So what does this mean?. It means that this guy was "base basher" before he wrote this article, but didnt know why he was a "bose basher". So it's perfectly obvious that he even before he started to write this article, he was going to write an article that was negative towards Bose. That it, he was completely biased before he started. He was going to miss all the good points, and only see the bad points.

That is not science. !!

In reading this forum, and others, I get the impression most of you "experts" fall into the same category.

As for myself, I am just someone trying to get some useful imformation on audio systems prior to buying one. I dont get any useful information from any of you guys!! :confused:

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
That is not science. !!
Whilst I agree, I don't see where the op, or for that matter, anyone on the first couple of pages, claimed that it was science...they were simply offering they're opinions. And while some just like to bash Bose, the general consenus with anyone with half an ear and a wallet that has a conscience is that you can do far better for your money, and that Bose is simply lacking. To the untrained ear, Bose may be just fine. Have you ever crtically listened to a comparably priced Paradigm sytem...or, better yet, AVS123? You write how good your system is, and bash others for finding it's shortcomings. Yet you have made absolutely no mention of an AB comparison. Hmmmm...can you spell troll?

In reading this forum, and others, I get the impression most of you "experts" fall into the same category.
Of the 25,544 members, I could never presume as you have to comment on whether "most" of them share the same character trait...or toilet. Did you use the scientific method for you conclusion, or did you run some kind of poll?

As for myself, I am just someone trying to get some useful imformation on audio systems prior to buying one. I dont get any useful information from any of you guys!! :confused:
Read on, and only a know-it-all could not eventually be enlightened. If you obtain "no useful information from any of you guys" around here...move on. Ironically, I doubt few find value in what you have proferred here thus far.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I did a head on comparison with a Bose system when I was helping my business partner research an HT/Music system for his house.

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
If you haven't noticed, you're in "The Steam Vent" area. This isn't really meant to be the 'useful audio information' portion of the site.

If you can't find useful audio information on this site, you aren't trying very hard.

J

jimfitz

Audioholic
I love my Bose. I'm running a used Acoustimass 7, used Acoustimass 5, and a new Acoustimass 5, with a Klipsch subwoofer through a new Onkyo TX-SR805. This is in my family room, with the monitor and components in a large cabinet. It's a perfect solution.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I just sold my Bose 3-2-1 last week for the loss of a cool $1G. For a while, this was my main system (as compared to the archaic stuff I still had from the early 90's). When I got it, I was looking for a quick, simple "solution" to home theater and really had no idea what the state of the market really was.

After a while of using the Bose, I was simply unsatisfied with the sound quality of what was supposedly the best. I knew there had to be something better out there for me. Enter Audioholics.

For the record, the $200 AEGO-M sounds better than the $1,500 Bose 3-2-1 series II, in my experience in the same room with the same source.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan

Since your "Just someone trying to get some useful information on audio systems prior to buying one"
Why don't you call or write Bose.
Ask them why they refuses to publish any frequency response charts, or distortion data on their products!

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
Ask them why they refuses to publish any frequency response charts, or distortion data on their products!
Other than their mediocre sound quality, this is my biggest problem with Bose. A company that doesnt publish specs is likely hiding something, possibly their lack of frequency response between 80 and 200 hz! :eek:

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic

There is a one BIG MAJOR FLAW in this article. It starts off stating "Upon reading his site, I vowed to represent our side: the TRUTH. However, knowing very little about the products themselves other than the fact that they sound bad for the price, I took it upon myself to audition the Bose AM-15 ..."

So what does this mean?. It means that this guy was "base basher" before he wrote this article, but didnt know why he was a "bose basher". So it's perfectly obvious that he even before he started to write this article, he was going to write an article that was negative towards Bose. That it, he was completely biased before he started. He was going to miss all the good points, and only see the bad points.

That is not science. !!

Oh, hi! Nice to meet you. The information center is on the other side of this forum...Just walk your mouse right up, and you'll see it. You won't miss it! Welcome to AH..:p

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
NoName69, what a great and childish username for a forum, very appropriate for a troll.:D

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Damn man, 10 pages of someone trolling and everyone biting.

Regarding the topic at hand... It's sad that a company which was held in high regard has reduce itself to selling overpriced HTIBs.

Personally, more than Bose I hate the musicians and so called "industry experts" that endorse the Bose products in the TV commertials, which I have the pleasure of seeing repeatedly on the HD channels.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Damn man, 10 pages of someone trolling and everyone biting.

Regarding the topic at hand... It's sad that a company which was held in high regard has reduce itself to selling overpriced HTIBs.

Personally, more than Bose I hate the musicians and so called "industry experts" that endorse the Bose products in the TV commertials, which I have the pleasure of seeing repeatedly on the HD channels.
Well, it's not exactly 10 pages of trolling. Some have justified beefs about Bose.

And noname69 dredged up a nearly year old thread to do what?

Allow me to humbly state that I "unbiasedly" called him out first, and at first glance. I did not approve of what he posted, and he obviously has an agenda. As one has posted, I am unbiased when disagreeing with others. Don't I get a cookie for that? ;)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Well, it's not exactly 10 pages of trolling. Some have justified beefs about Bose.

And noname69 dredged up a nearly year old thread to do what?

Allow me to humbly state that I "unbiasedly" called him out first, and at first glance. I did not approve of what he posted, and he obviously has an agenda. As one has posted, I am unbiased when disagreeing with others. Don't I get a cookie for that? ;)
I can't do anything on the cookie, but I got you a thanks.:D

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
I can't do anything on the cookie, but I got you a thanks.:D
I just had to thank you for your thanks Seth. Irony. I felt like I was prodded (cattle prod) into the doghouse last week. :confused: I feel better now. :)

Yes. Must we not weed the garden every now and then? I'm not the negative type, nor am I the morality police. But such a post serves little, if any purpose. Other than to incite a riot (written). The guy was just out of order. I felt like calling him out.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis