Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Greetings, all.

As I prepare myself for tomorrow's arrival of the PC-Ultra, I thought that I'd take a few snapshots of my current set-up. Below is one view (sorry for the poor photography). Nothing too fancy, but it works for me.

I'll be sure to show off the Ultra once I get it set up. Also, I plan on getting a new stand (likely a StudioTech Ultra U-22D) and new TV (probably a Toshiba 46" or 47" LCD) fairly soon and will post new pics when that happens.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day.

Last edited by a moderator:
avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Looks pretty nice. I bet you can't wait for the Ultra thought ;).

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Looks pretty nice. I bet you can't wait for the Ultra thought ;).
Thanks! And, you're right...I'm getting excited just thinking about it. I should start taking Tylenol right now though and build up some pain blocking for when I snap my back trying to lift it through my front door. :)

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

Nice setup Adam! Love your Emotiva Amp ;). Except for the sound and wiring, my gear is setup so ghetto by comparison. Enjoy that PC Ultra, maybe go warn the neighbors :D.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Ha ha, someone else who holds a higher standard for audio than video. I have a JVC SD tv as well.:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Nice setup mang. Your system looks familiar to someone else's on this forum where the fronts are in the wall.

SDTV all the way!

SheepStar

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Nice setup Adam! Love your Emotiva Amp.
Thanks, Ric! I know that you're enjoying your Emotiva gear! My replacement RPA-1 should arrive next Friday, so I'll start enjoying that sweet sound again soon. :)

Ha ha, someone else who holds a higher standard for audio than video. I have a JVC SD tv as well.:D
More like a higher standard for cash than video. :D But, it's only a matter of time now. The siren song of the Toshibas will claim me soon enough.

Nice setup mang. SDTV all the way!
Thanks, Sheep. At 27", SD is just fine from where I sit and watch it! Well, for now...

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Adam,

Looks like your putting together an excellent system. Nice Job. :D

D

dem beats

Senior Audioholic
Nice setup mang. Your system looks familiar to someone else's on this forum where the fronts are in the wall.

SDTV all the way!

SheepStar
... I love the word Mang... I'm glad someone else uses uses it!

To the OP

It's looking great. that ultra will be out of controll dude.

Keep us posted with pics of that monster... and lift with the knees!

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
wow, that depression in the wall looks like it was measured to fit your stuff exactly. try to move the L and R speakers a bit forward to minimize the interaction with the left and right walls. but otherwise, a nice and neat looking setup.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks again to all for the comments!

I just got my PC-Ultra today! Wow, what a beast. I'm still getting it all dialed in, so I'll hold off on my impressions of it until a little later this week. For now, though, I wanted to update my system photo to show the new arrival. (I wish that I could just add this to my first post, but I don't know how to do that or if I even can...the "Edit" button is no longer there.)

BEFORE

AFTER

A mild difference, for sure. Thing is, that ASW1000 is not exactly small, but it just pales in comparison to the Ultra. Poor ASW. It's in my computer room for now, waiting for a new home (and by that I mean a new location inside of my home).

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks again to all for the comments!

I just got my PC-Ultra today! Wow, what a beast. I'm still getting it all dialed in, so I'll hold off on my impressions of it until a little later this week. For now, though, I wanted to update my system photo to show the new arrival. (I wish that I could just add this to my first post, but I don't know how to do that or if I even can...the "Edit" button is no longer there.)

A mild difference, for sure. Thing is, that ASW1000 is not exactly small, but it just pales in comparison to the Ultra. Poor ASW. It's in my computer room for now, waiting for a new home (and by that I mean a new location inside of my home).
Sweet **** buddy! Does that thing bugger your tv? How'd you move it into place?

It's Adam's home theater, complete with large phallic like subwoofers!

SheepStar

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Sweet **** buddy! Does that thing bugger your tv? How'd you move it into place?

It's Adam's home theater, complete with large phallic like subwoofers!

SheepStar
Thanks, Sheep! It doesn't affect the TV at all. The woofer cone is about in the same place as the B&W cone was, so it worked out well. I moved the speaker and stand out of the way on that side and kinda rolled it into place. One downside is that I can't get to the controls on the back of the sub unless I move that speaker out of the way, so every calibration cycle takes a little while longer. Oh, well. Hopefully it'll all be worth it in the end!

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Is that the new PC Ultra with the Ultra-13 woofer?

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Looks good Adam. :cool:

Good to see your priorities straight; new monster SVS before new TV. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Is that the new PC Ultra with the Ultra-13 woofer?
Mazer...yep, sure is. :D:D

Looks good Adam. :cool:

Good to see your priorities straight; new monster SVS before new TV. :D
Thanks, no. 5! Yeah, I just can't decide on which TV to get...but there was no question that I was gonna get that Ultra the minute that I saw the announcement on SVS' website.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Mazer...yep, sure is. :D:D

Thanks, no. 5! Yeah, I just can't decide on which TV to get...but there was no question that I was gonna get that Ultra the minute that I saw the announcement on SVS' website.
For TV's, I really like the Sony LCDs... expensive, but my favorite thus far.

SheepStar

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
For TV's, I really like the Sony LCDs... expensive, but my favorite thus far.
Thanks for the input, Sheep. Have you had a chance to see any of the recent Toshiba LCDs (this year's or last year's) and maybe compare them to the Sony LCDs?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks for the input, Sheep. Have you had a chance to see any of the recent Toshiba LCDs (this year's or last year's) and maybe compare them to the Sony LCDs?
No sorry. I used to work at best buy a while ago in the 37inch and under LCD department. I preferred the Sony's to every one there.

SheepStar

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
TV preference is certainly in the eye of the beholder, but I am bewildered by the number of people that think the various Sony sets are the bomb. I think they are the worst of all of them.

I stopped into Conns the other day to see if they had the new Toshiba LX177. They didn't but had last year's model, the HL167. They were playing a Disney video with a story book and on all TVs EXCEPT the Sony, the book cover was a deep red. On the Sony, it was pink. Now I realize that someone could have messed with the settings but in general the Sonys are horrible compared to just about every other brand.

For what it's worth, I am now sold on the Toshiba LX177 instead of the Sharp that was my previous choice. As soon as I can see one in person that is the way I will go. Hopefully by the end of August. Of course I am still on the fence between 46" and 52".

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis