Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
When it comes to not spending money, my willpower is legen...wait for it...dary.
I see what you did there, nice touch.

Adam, I'm the same way.
My wife is the one that talks me into buying new stuff.
I think she feels guilty, because of all the shoes she buys.:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Why do you think that I still don't have a new TV? I spend all of my money on shoes. Shoes and flip-flops. I'm a sucker for rhinestones.

:D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I spend all of my money on shoes. Shoes and flip-flops. I'm a sucker for rhinestones.

Well, you do want to look nice for when Alex flies out.
His GF is going to be away....I'm just sayin.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I see what you did there, nice touch.

Adam, I'm the same way.
Why do you think that I still don't have a new TV? I spend all of my money on shoes. Shoes and flip-flops. I'm a sucker for rhinestones.

My wife has told me to buy a new TV probably 3-4 times. She's the one that wants one bigger than 52" (let it alone Alex;)) not because that's what she thinks is a good size. It's because the biggest TV any of our family owns is 52"...:) Gotta love her!:D

I haven't bought one because I'm a "late adopter". I like tried and true at a good price. The wicked motion blur on most flat panels drives me nuts and the ultra bad picture with SDTV viewing doesn't thrill me either. It's getting to the point where these problems are being fixed pretty well if you buy a quality panel and the amount of HD channels offered but the PA Dutchman in me is still skeptical about being happy with the outlay of money vs quality of all formats viewed.:) The money isn't just the TV. You have to add the wall mount or piece of furniture to place it on also. I'm not even gonna mention the HDMI receiver...woops I just did.:roll eyes: Not looking forward to replacing my Yamaha RX-V2500. This flat panel is gonna be expensive when I get around to it......

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I haven't bought one because I'm a "late adopter". I like tried and true at a good price. The wicked motion blur on most flat panels drives me nuts and the ultra bad picture with SDTV viewing doesn't thrill me either. It's getting to the point where these problems are being fixed pretty well if you buy a quality panel and the amount of HD channels offered but the PA Dutchman in me is still skeptical about being happy with the outlay of money vs quality of all formats viewed.:) The money isn't just the TV. You have to add the wall mount or piece of furniture to place it on also. I'm not even gonna mention the HDMI receiver...woops I just did.:roll eyes: Not looking forward to replacing my Yamaha RX-V2500. This flat panel is gonna be expensive when I get around to it......
All excellent points and some of the big reasons why I'm not in a huge hurry to "upgrade" my TV.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm weak and can't wait until next weekend to show pictures of what I ordered yesterday, so here are some stock images. :)

TV Stand

TV

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
hallelujiah! (in the tune of that song they always play in movies)

congrats :) finally, the 90's!
(but that stand bumps you to the 2000's)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
BTW, if the stand looks familiar, it might be because I got the idea originally from bigred7078 and his set-up. I've got similar amps, and it's nice to see that the stand will hold them both on the bottom shelf without any problems. I finally saw it in person about a month ago at the store, and it's a nice looking stand. I'm a bit nervous that it'll be too much black when combined with the rest of my gear, but the functionality and the price just couldn't be beat when compared to the other stuff that I've seen.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
That's the same stand that I have. I don't think that it will be too much black because it's quite open and it's not very tall, only about knee high. I think you'll like it. It will hold a lot of equipment. Maybe it's time to go separates with five Outlaw mono amps? That would look cool.

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
Sweet!

Once it all arrives and you get things hooked up, you’ll be asking yourself why the hell you didn’t do this earlier.

Congrats and enjoy!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
(let it alone Alex;))
Man, it's like they can see me coming. :D

Yeah, my dearly departed buddy use to like to say that. Once that get's said, it changes things and there really is no going back.

I completely missed the goings on over here. I would like to put in a request for like a ton of pic's. Even if you don't post them all, they're fun to look through in the photobucket thing.

bigred7078

bigred7078

Full Audioholic
BTW, if the stand looks familiar, it might be because I got the idea originally from bigred7078 and his set-up. I've got similar amps, and it's nice to see that the stand will hold them both on the bottom shelf without any problems. I finally saw it in person about a month ago at the store, and it's a nice looking stand. I'm a bit nervous that it'll be too much black when combined with the rest of my gear, but the functionality and the price just couldn't be beat when compared to the other stuff that I've seen.
haha well glad i could be an inspiration.

The stand really is a tank! Holds all my gear with no problems!!!

I once saw a guy have all similar gear to mine on the stand AND a pioneer 6020 sitting on top!!!....personally i wouldnt trust it, but goes to show its a beast of a stand!

Good choice on TV too :cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis