Transformers trailer

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
I am still not over Prime dying in the original movie, so don't get me started :mad:
I'm still shocked myself! on tv, they could blast the hell out of each other, miss each other a lot ... then in the movie, one blast = death.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I'm still shocked myself! on tv, they could blast the hell out of each other, miss each other a lot ... then in the movie, one blast = death.
Only for the autobots. Did you notice in the original movie NOT one decepticon died? The damaged ones were all reformed by Unicron. Then after the movie, the damn insecticons were back despite they were already reformed into the sweeps.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Only for the autobots. Did you notice in the original movie NOT one decepticon died? The damaged ones were all reformed by Unicron. Then after the movie, the damn insecticons were back despite they were already reformed into the sweeps.
right, the only bad guys that got killed were new introduction nobodies.

talk about morale busters. I remember feeling so down through the movie ... it's like the parental lock was removed and the violence/death meter quota shot up.

C

chris6878

Audioholic
right, the only bad guys that got killed were new introduction nobodies.

talk about morale busters. I remember feeling so down through the movie ... it's like the parental lock was removed and the violence/death meter quota shot up.
I think that is why they bought prime back later. Too much of a backlash. BUt yea I shed a few tears when prime turned gray. lol

Oh and some decepticons did die. Even though they were killed by galvatron.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Yes true, Starscream for example. I didn't mind that at all actually :)

Ok since we are on that topic. It really pissed me off that they killed Brawn and Prowl with 1 shot, meanwhile the autobots in that ship didn't hurt a flea in the process.

But lets switch back to the discussion of the new movie as that is what this thread is for :)

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
I think that is why they bought prime back later. Too much of a backlash. BUt yea I shed a few tears when prime turned gray. lol

As I recollect, Prime was never supposed to really come back. He was brought back to life temporarily by the Quintessons as a tool of destruction, in what was supposed to be the grand finale of Transformers, in the episode, 'Dark Awakening'. One of the best episodes ever, IMO. It should have been left as the finale, as it was a superb ending. However, the Transformers were renewed the next season, and they saved Prime from his doom (that was really hard to swallow considering that Prime was flying into the explosion and coming to pieces in his last scene in Dark Awakening), where he re-appeared in the 2 part 'Return of Optimus Prime'. If I remember correctly, they even modified the Dark Awakening episode to show the next season right before the 'Return of Optimus Prime' in order to show him getting saved by some humans in a space ship.

-Chris

P.S.: As a G1 fan, I despise the pile of trash new movie. :D

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
As I recollect, Prime was never supposed to really come back. He was brought back to life temporarily by the Quintessons as a tool of destruction, in what was supposed to be the grand finale of Transformers, in the episode, 'Dark Awakening'. One of the best episodes ever, IMO. It should have been left as the finale, as it was a superb ending. However, the Transformers were renewed the next season, and they saved Prime from his doom (that was really hard to swallow considering that Prime was flying into the explosion and coming to pieces in his last scene in Dark Awakening), where he re-appeared in the 2 part 'Return of Optimus Prime'. If I remember correctly, they even modified the Dark Awakening episode to show the next season right before the 'Return of Optimus Prime' in order to show him getting saved by some humans in a space ship.
Yes Prime was originally brought back by the Quientissons as a slave robot to lead the autobots into a trap. Why they would want to kill the autobots and not the decepticons is beyond me.

His body was badly broken and he lost his arm at the end right while his shuttle was being destroyed by the sun. Yet a few episodes later, his body was in perfect condition and he was retrieved by humans testing a new heat shield. He then used the power of the matrix to cure the red plaque and restore cybertron to a golden age I believe. I stopped following after that as I wasn't a fan of headmasters and all the stupid shows that followed. I heard there was a Japanese show called Trasformers 2010 where they again killed Prime shortly after he was introduced.

C

chris6878

Audioholic
Yea all those spin offs were terrible. Atleast they kept it true in the comic books.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
The wife and I didn't really care for the movie. It didn't suck, but it wasn't great either. Too much childish humor for my taste. I thought that whole scene with the autobots trying to hide from the parents while the kid was looking for the glasses was hella stupid.

I actually liked the CG Beast Wars show, especially the 2nd season.

C

chris6878

Audioholic
Beast Wars!!!???? I see why you didnt like the movie. You were probably a GO-bot fan!

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Yea all those spin offs were terrible. Atleast they kept it true in the comic books.
The comic books have NOTHING to do with the G1 series. Almost everything is different(except the special MOVIE comic books that were pretty close to the movie story line). I don't even recognize the comic book as important. I was a G1 show fan, like most were.

The Beast Wars series was very faithful to the G1 cartoon when history was explored. However, the Beast Machines continuation series after that was not nearly so kind to the original history.

-Chris

C

chris6878

Audioholic
The comic books have NOTHING to do with the G1 series. Almost everything is different(except the special MOVIE comic books that were pretty close to the movie story line). I don't even recognize the comic book as important. I was a G1 show fan, like most were.

The Beast Wars series was very faithful to the G1 cartoon when history was explored. However, the Beast Machines continuation series after that was not nearly so kind to the original history.

-Chris
I jut couldnt get into the whole animal thing with transformers. I had thundercats for that.
Yea the comicc story lines were different but they kept the transformers the same. I saw the comic as extra episodes.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
WmAx uses his amazing sound system to listen to Stan Bush.

You've got the touch, you've got the poweeeeeerrrrrrrr! YEAH!

SheepStar

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Beast Wars!!!???? I see why you didnt like the movie. You were probably a GO-bot fan!
Go-bots?!?!?

Them's fightin's words!!! If you were here, I'd punch you in the face for making that insinuation. :p

When I saw the movie I thought afterwards that it did a poor job of recreating the comaraderie of the series... then I re-watched some G1 episodes on youtube... They SUCKED! Still, hopefuly they'll elevate the robots to more character development next go-around, but those cartoons were uber-lame during season 1 at least.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis