D

Dull Eric

Audiophyte
Tried to stay out of this mess.....

Tending to lean right most of my life, my position has changed. The Republican Party only exists in small corners. They have now become the party of Trump.

Whilst, in most cases, privately disparaging him, republican/trumpists publicly show support. Their sycophantic rhetoric is beyond disgusting.
It's about getting elected or reelected at any cost. Democracy be damned.

Here, in this forum, some are using terms like 'poignant' and 'substantive', yet when given facts, they respond with insults, racism, (I reported a post for using a racist trope yet he/they/it is still allowed to post) with no poignancy or substantive reply.

The above is a trait of Trump himself. He says things, and when confronted with facts he turns to insults. It's all he has.

Having not voted for president in the last two election cycles, I held my nose and voted for Harris/Walz.

I'm not happy with this. For me, it came down to preserving democracy. Trump is about himself.

I'l be moving back to the states in late 2025 and hope things will be better with my party when Trump is gone.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Tried to stay out of this mess.....

Tending to lean right most of my life, my position has changed. The Republican Party only exists in small corners. They have now become the party of Trump.

Whilst, in most cases, privately disparaging him, republican/trumpists publicly show support. Their sycophantic rhetoric is beyond disgusting.
It's about getting elected or reelected at any cost. Democracy be damned.

Here, in this forum, some are using terms like 'poignant' and 'substantive', yet when given facts, they respond with insults, racism, (I reported a post for using a racist trope yet he/they/it is still allowed to post) with no poignancy or substantive reply.

The above is a trait of Trump himself. He says things, and when confronted with facts he turns to insults. It's all he has.

Having not voted for president in the last two election cycles, I held my nose and voted for Harris/Walz.

I'm not happy with this. For me, it came down to preserving democracy. Trump is about himself.

I'l be moving back to the states in late 2025 and hope things will be better with my party when Trump is gone.
What will you do if he wins?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Same here and just about everywhere- not whose fault, immigrants? No country can afford to have unlimited numbers of people coming in and the lack of forward-thinking by the governments is terrible. The loss of skilled laborers in the last 4-5 years has really hurt construction, too. Home prices, existing and new, are going through the roof (no pun intended) and first-time home buyers are totally screwed. For that matter, second and third time buyers who didn't make money on the sale of previous homes aren't much better off. Some areas have declined in value, even though the cost to build would be several times more than their home's value. My brother is one of those- he bought at a bad time (just before the housing bubble burst), so he may never break even.
This is the article I posted for William. The US and Canada are suffering from a lack of labourers - skilled and unskilled - due to falling birthrates, as well as a cohort of young people who don't wish to work in the trades. As the article explains, a large portion of the undocumented migrants in the US work in construction. Without them, home construction will slow to a trickle. Up here, we have a Catch-22 situation - a shortfall of people in the construction trades, but a shortfall in affordable housing for new arrivals. So, no housing for the people we need to build housing. :rolleyes:
The Border Crisis Won't Be Solved, No Matter Who Wins the Election (texasmonthly.com)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Your post made me go and look up the various reporting and video on this. From what I can glean from the video he is in fact UNLOADING the gun. As an owner of the very same shotgun I see nothing wrong in the manner in which he does that, the muzzle is pointed safely and he is cycling the action to unload the gun.

What I did find in looking at the various reports was a fair amount of stupidity in the media(nothing new here), Megan Kelly in particular was a complete twit.

Hopefully for Walz he will verify this and throw it back in their face.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis