BGA IC replacement part for x3800

S

Sylar

Full Audioholic
I have a Denon x3800 receiver. Recently we faced power issues and the HDMI inputs stopped working after this. I had this checked and the BGA IC's are at fault. Either 2 of them need to be replaced or the HDMI board itself needs to be replaced (As I understand from the service personal, replacing a BGA IC is not an easy task unlike previous gen IC's).

Do you guys know where i can get the following IC (Pls see image)?

Attachments

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have a Denon x3800 receiver. Recently we faced power issues and the HDMI inputs stopped working after this. I had this checked and the BGA IC's are at fault. Either 2 of them need to be replaced or the HDMI board itself needs to be replaced (As I understand from the service personal, replacing a BGA IC is not an easy task unlike previous gen IC's).

Do you guys know where i can get the following IC (Pls see image)?
I would not try and replace an IC like that. Since it is a Panasonic chip good luck! I would install a new HDMI board. The chances of soldering a surface mount chip like that and having it work are slim. After you replace you might find there are actually other components at fault also which were not apparent because of the blown ship. My strong advice is to replace the HDMI board.
If that was a lightening strike there may be other components that will blow soon. So consider receiver replacement.

If this was lightening you need whole house surge protection. I have just beefed mine up to bring it up to current code. I have the largest SPD 1 you can fit at the entry and a large SPD2 in each of the two panels. We now live in an age where max surge protection is not optional, but essentially mandatory. That applies to us all now. Anyone reading this wherever they are need max surge protection and that is NOT a power strip with surge protectors, that is just feel good useless protection.

I have spoken to two electricians lately who have been in multiple homes with total wipe outs of late, Fridges, washing machines AC furnaces TVs, the lot.

Everyone and I mean everyone needs to get their homes up to current NEC standards as required for new builds. That is SPD1 at entry and SPD2 at all panels. Electrical storms are now vicious everywhere.

S

Sylar

Full Audioholic
What i faced was some kind of a spike/surge problem. We do not have lighting issues back home.
Do you know where I can get a replacement HDMI board for this receiver and how much that would cost?

If the chips do not cost much I would not mind attempting to fix it by just replacing them. After all the board is mostly dead.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

What i faced was some kind of a spike/surge problem. We do not have lighting issues back home.
Do you know where I can get a replacement HDMI board for this receiver and how much that would cost?

If the chips do not cost much I would not mind attempting to fix it by just replacing them. After all the board is mostly dead.
You can try Mouser electronics, and DigiKey. If they don't have it you are out of luck.

highfigh

highfigh

Do you have insurance?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis