Sony UBP-X800 Still Draws Power When Turned OFF

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Today I touched the top of my UBP-X800 and I noticed that close to the AC cord input, the touch is slightly warmer than the rest of the surface. The KillAWatt meter indicates Watt: 5.4 and VA: 13.3
I wonder why. Would there be some sort of standby mode? My 2 Oppo BD players do have a standby mode but they feature a pilot bulb showing it.

A lot of electronic products and appliances indeed consume power when turned off. You would be surprised if you checked some with a KillAWatt tester or other appropriate product.

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Today I touched the top of my UBP-X800 and I noticed that close to the AC cord input, the touch is slightly warmer than the rest of the surface. The KillAWatt meter indicates Watt: 5.4 and VA: 13.3
I wonder why. Would there be some sort of standby mode? My 2 Oppo BD players do have a standby mode but they feature a pilot bulb showing it.

A lot of electronic products and appliances indeed consume power when turned off. You would be surprised if you checked some with a KillAWatt tester or other appropriate product.
That is the draw for the auto on circuit and for the device to be ready to receive input from the remote. The power supply has to be in low power mode to power those circuits. Practically all devices consume some power these days when off.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis