Help with speakers for my final 2 channel bedroom setup

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hey guys thanks for all the input I found a killer deal on a used package that I believe I'm going to be extremely happy with

The 2 towers
Center channel
4 bookshelves
2 subs
4 stands for bookshelves
And a Denon Reciever
All for 2k from the original owner with the original boxes included they are in great shape Ill be picking them up Sunday morning

I'm so excited!!!!!!!! And my bedroom setup gets to stay in the RBH family

@gene did the original review of these and I think their tonal characterists especially that laid back tweeter will be perfect for that rooms acoustic conditions

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Hey guys thanks for all the input I found a killer deal on a used package that I believe I'm going to be extremely happy with

The 2 towers
Center channel
4 bookshelves
2 subs
4 stands for bookshelves
And a Denon Reciever
All for 2k from the original owner with the original boxes included they are in great shape Ill be picking them up Sunday morning

@gene did the original review of these and I think their tonal characterists especially that laid back tweeter will be perfect for that rooms acoustic conditions
Congrats Dan! Those subs look to have borrowed at least a little design similar to your former bad boys. I will be very interested how those perform but will almost certainly blow away a bedroom.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Congrats Dan! Those subs look to have borrowed at least a little design similar to your former bad boys. I will be very interested how those perform but will almost certainly blow away a bedroom.
@gene did a review on them back in the day they have good midbass output and they are solid to 25 hz but not much below that which fine with me Im not interested in infrasonics in the bedroom they look great though

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You already have great big speakers and subs for your main HT. This is your bread and butter here - accurate and super dynamic speakers.

Your bedroom system is more “intimate” and “personal” - it doesn’t have to be another iteration or extension of your main HT system.

Are there certain speakers that you have always wanted but never gotten? Something more “sinister” or “sexy”? This just might be the place for them. :D

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
@gene did a review on them back in the day they have good midbass output and they are solid to 25 hz but not much below that which fine with me Im not interested in infrasonics in the bedroom they look great though
That should be plenty of bass for a bedroom. And I do like the way those look with the cherry or whatever veneer. You also will have the choice of using all those speakers in there or just some depending on how much room you want to take up.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
$2k sounds like a pretty sweet deal for all of that gear. Let us know how it works out.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

The 2 towers
Center channel
4 bookshelves
2 subs
4 stands for bookshelves
And a Denon Reciever

Congrats! Those Elites look very pretty with the curved cabinets.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
You already have great big speakers and subs for your main HT. This is your bread and butter here - accurate and super dynamic speakers.

Your bedroom system is more “intimate” and “personal” - it doesn’t have to be another iteration or extension of your main HT system.

Are there certain speakers that you have always wanted but never gotten? Something more “sinister” or “sexy”? This just might be the place for them. :D
Honestly the only ones I was super curious about were the new Emotiva lineup. But I'm getting an awesome deal with this Elite package and I think they will work out great

Very very nice looking in a more manageable footprint, tonally accurate, good midrange, and a laid back tweeter which will work great in that room. Plus the system will still have great dynamics!!! :D

Tankini

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Do you happen to have any links to some good ones by chance?
These aren't expensive

I like these, cost is a little more though.

Last edited:
Tankini

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
So now you and Dan have the same Elites. :D
BigDan, has the "55Ti Red Burrow" if I remember correctly. They are an amazing line of speakers.
When RBH came out with this line, they were being snatched up quickly they had trouble keeping them in stock. I came very close to picking up the whole set. Dan's gonna like them.

Mine are R-55E Impression Elites "Gloss Black"

"The Elite versions step up to better-quality crossovers, aluminum cone mids and woofers and what RBH calls an “aluminized nano-silk” dome tweeter"

Here is the review of the Impression Elites R-55E, by our AH Speaker Guru, reviewed if I remember correctly "Ran the test" by James Larson aka " Shady J"

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis