What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Listening to the 20th anniversary edition of Brothers in Arms that came today and just bought the Mobile Fidelity Labs version after a few back and forth offers.
IMG_3741.jpeg
IMG_3740.jpeg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I have that on an LP in pretty good shape. I never understood why they would release a digital recording on an analog medium. Then again maybe it was released like that because CDs weren't a thing then. I wonder if my LP is worth some $$.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
I have that on an LP in pretty good shape. I never understood why they would release a digital recording on an analog medium. Then again maybe it was released like that because CDs weren't a thing then. I wonder if my LP is worth some $$.
Good question. It was advertised as a “full digital recording “ with a sticker on the case when it was released. CDs were just getting big in the marketplace as you noted. Worth checking on eBay and see what it’s going for.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I have the MoFi LP's for Brothers In Arms, Moving Pictures, Communique, Love Over Gold, and the eponymous Dire Straits. Over time, I've also bought most of those (Love Over Gold excepted) in their original pressings. I got either first or second pressing on each. The MoFi versions do sound better, so I gave the others to my son.

D

dolynick

Audioholic
Ordered late Saturday night:
1705347842904.png

I seem to be on a bit of a Hans Zimmer kick the last six months or so. Rewatch the movie in 4k and the moody choral work tempted me into going looking for it. Strangely, I couldn't find a flac digital copy out there, so it had to be a good old CD copy.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hooray it's here and focusing works beautifully! Looks really nice and well made.
IMG_20240116_182351.jpg
IMG_20240116_182431.jpg
IMG_20240116_182633.jpg

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Dire Straits Live. Mine arrived today! Can't wait to rip them into the computer. Love CD and hate CDs. The ripping is a pain but I can't motivate to flipping discs.
Ugh. They are all in cardboard sleeves that are next to impossible to extract without touching the CD surface. Glad I only need to take them out and put them back once. Importing with Apple lossless.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Ugh. They are all in cardboard sleeves that are next to impossible to extract without touching the CD surface. Glad I only need to take them out and put them back once. Importing with Apple lossless.
I use FLAC, as I'm not fond of proprietary codecs that can be manipulated by the owners. (Even though I have an iPhone, and an iPad.)

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I use FLAC, as I'm not fond of proprietary codecs that can be manipulated by the owners. (Even though I have an iPhone, and an iPad.)
Apple has made it open source so my NAD preamp/streamer and FIIO portable play them. Once my IPOD classic dies i'll likely ditch itunes as my music manager/editor but till then itunes can't do FLAC.

It's easy to convert ALAC to FLAC down the road if there is a reason to do it.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Dire Straits Live. Mine arrived today! Can't wait to rip them into the computer. Love CD and hate CDs. The ripping is a pain but I can't motivate to flipping discs.
Mine too. The box set is just like the Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler ones. Agree the cardboard sleeves are too tight. Interesting that they are made in Germany. I’ve listened to the first 3 CDs with 5 to go and so far so good! The booklet with pics and essay about the history of the band is cool. Would recommend to a Dire Straits fan especially with the unreleased music included.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I've listened to Live at the Rainbow Theater 1979 which is excellent! Now listening to the BBC CD. I need to wait until my wife is out to listen to the remaster of Alchemy LOUD to see if it's an improvement over my old one. I never thought my CD of Alchemy sounded as good as the LP.

I don't know if it's with the CD's or something strange about iTunes but iTunes didn't recognize any album art. I needed to make my own by taking photos of the album cover cards that came in the box.

So far though I'm very happy with this after the ordeal of ripping them.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I placed an order for this CD from Prestomusic . I won't see it for at least 3 months I'm guessing as its out of stock

IMG_0715.JPG

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Mine too. The box set is just like the Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler ones. Agree the cardboard sleeves are too tight. Interesting that they are made in Germany. I’ve listened to the first 3 CDs with 5 to go and so far so good! The booklet with pics and essay about the history of the band is cool. Would recommend to a Dire Straits fan especially with the unreleased music included.
I'm so glad that the expanded version of On the Night has a Telegraph Road. Not sure yet but I might like this version better than the Alchemy version. The Expanded On the Night might now rival Alchemy now. Still haven't dared (wife has a headache) to really turn Alchemy up loud to listen to my multiple versions to see if the new remaster is better. My first CD always seemed to be to strong on the treble and weak on the bass.

Ranking my favorite songs of all time, Telegraph Road might be in my top 10.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
I'm so glad that the expanded version of On the Night has a Telegraph Road. Not sure yet but I might like this version better than the Alchemy version. The Expanded On the Night might now rival Alchemy now. Still haven't dared (wife has a headache) to really turn Alchemy up loud to listen to my multiple versions to see if the new remaster is better. My first CD always seemed to be to strong on the treble and weak on the bass.

Ranking my favorite songs of all time, Telegraph Road might be in my top 10.
I’ve listened to all 8 CDs and I’m very pleased. The extra music is excellent including the added cuts added to the original live albums and the previously unreleased concert. My wife was sick of listening to it by the end. I’ll listen to it loud in my listening room later. Telegraph road is excellent and the soloing on the different versions of Sultans of Swing is awesome. Mark Knopfler’s style isn’t to solo but when he does it’s amazing!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I purchased my 3rd Yamaha KX-1200 cassette deck for $500 plus shipping within Canada. I received the deck to today and its easily the most pristine looking of the three. It looks almost like new. I only physically put it in the rack but haven't connected it or powered up as I want it to come up to room temperature.

IMG_0733.jpg
IMG_0735.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Jose, glad to hear ! is the adapter a Canon piece or third party ? given it's size any balance issues with lenses attached ? All good with the camera itself, no issues I trust ?
Hi Mikado463! To tell you the truth I haven't yet tried all my canon lens on the third party adapter ($31 shipped on eBay from China) yet. Probably try them this weekend. I'll report back, but I doubt any issues. Haven't had the time to go out and shoot outside yet.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Just arrived. S24 Ultra 512. $850 off when bundled with Buds2 Pro + trade in of my S23 Ultra.

I wasn't expecting that, the titanium body noticeably weighs more.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis