What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Just put in 2 dedicated 20 amp runs for the home theater man stuff is not cheap now days but I can say it’s a welcome difference in sound quality as in no hum from amps ect . I was getting noise from the outlets I was using as they were shared with rest of the house now dead quiet plenty of power now . Used decent breakers and 2/12 wire and hospital outlets . Very pleased with the results .

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Just put in 2 dedicated 20 amp runs for the home theater man stuff is not cheap now days but I can say it’s a welcome difference in sound quality as in no hum from amps ect . I was getting noise from the outlets I was using as they were shared with rest of the house now dead quiet plenty of power now . Used decent breakers and 2/12 wire and hospital outlets . Very pleased with the results .
Hospital outlets are the way to go. ;) Mainly about having a tight contact in the outlet more than anything else, as I understand it.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Hospital outlets are the way to go. ;) Mainly about having a tight contact in the outlet more than anything else, as I understand it.
They do hold very secure for sure very hard to push in or take out but I do like clean quiet power it was to the place where I had to shut the whole system down for the wife to do her hair . A little better breakers may have helped too . I recommend anyone with multiple amps to do this 3 carver amps take a bit of power on there own but the trash noise I was getting on the old lines was very noticeable now dead quiet could be the best upgrade I’ve ever done .

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Early bird Dave’s Picks for 2024. 4 CD set each for #49 and 50 plus 2 songs missing from 3rd disc in #48 During the year. I’m back to prescribing. Love live Dead.
My Dicks Picks 48, 11/20/71 UCLA arrived yesterday and my wife immediately took it and hid it for Xmas.

It's sort of how things work around here. I get things when I want them but then I don't know what to get myself for Xmas. "Fun things" that I get after Oct 15 are saved for Xmas.

I'm not going to let that happen to my Dancin' Bear magnet and license plate stuff above for my new car!.

However I do have to save the new Garmin I got to go with the car. So I'm stuck using my older Garmin until Xmas.

Last edited:
Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
My Dicks Picks 48, 11/20/71 UCLA arrived yesterday and my wife immediately took it and hid it for Xmas.

It's sort of how things work around here. I get things when I want them but then I don't know what to get myself for Xmas. "Fun things" that I get after Oct 15 are saved for Xmas.

I'm not going to let that happen to my Dancin' Bear magnet and license plate stuff above for my new car!.

However I do have to save the new Garmin I got to go with the car. So I'm stuck using my older Garmin until Xmas.
Lol at least you know what you’re getting for Christmas and you know you’ll like it. Hoping my shipment comes soon.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
View attachment 63883

Not Audio related, but I was an idiot to buy a new office/gaming chair when I went to remote work from home full time. (Thank you Covid :()

I bought a Arozzi Vernazza Soft Fabric Gaming Chair from Amazon for $430.00 It looked nice, I have enjoyed it almost 3 years. What I didn't realize is that it only has a 2-year warranty, which IMO is shameful at that price point.

Fortunately, I used my A/X card which gave me an extra year warranty. It was 8 days away from that expiration, but my chair recline will not hold its position, and the chair is now useless. A/X gave me a statement credit for the full amount, which I used to buy this chair.

I was going to buy a Herman Miller, that is the smart move, but did not want to buy used didnt want and pay 1400 for new.

Every review I have read on the Secretlab Titan Evo has rated it #1 in its category. It is also super expensive at $679 but was on sale for $619 and their customer service gave me another $30 coupon.

Why I bought it, excellent reviews. 3-year warranty, but extends it to 5 year if you register it properly and take a picture of it set up. Found out my Mastercard extends the warranty 2 years beyond the mfr warranty. So now I wont have to worry about paying for a new chair for 7 years.

Taken a lesson from my audio gear, at this point, if the warranty is not at least 5 years, I ain't buying it ;) They do offer leather, but two cats made that decision impossible!
Just put this together, what a difference between chairs. I have to manual adujst the armrests, they are a bit far apart, but other than that, perfect fit. Built in Lumbar is really effective

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Just put this together, what a difference between chairs. I have to manual adujst the armrests, they are a bit far apart, but other than that, perfect fit. Built in Lumbar is really effective
Cool! You'll have to follow up after a few good long sits! :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
This arrived yesterday. Pretty fun. Got it for $15 off otherwise I probably wouldn't have bought it.

I left the armrests off my chair. I don't like them. It was $220 and has good lumbar, open mesh back so it stays cool. The headrest is good, but it moves too easily lol. I bought it at the beginning of Covid for WFH and I like it better than all my chairs at work.

Looks like they don't sell it currently.

Last edited:
Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Drivers18" Italian Neodymium High BL Woofer
Amp1920W RMS (4300W Peak)
Frequency Response16hz-150Hz Anechoic (+/-3dB)
In-Room Extension12hz-15Hz
Unboxed Size (DxWxH)22" x 20" x 24" with grille
Awesome thanks

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
I just grabbed a Sony 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray™ Player | UBP-X700 with High-Resolution Audio for $69 CAD (less than $50 USD) from the Best Buy Auction Site here in Canada.

Playback Capability
DISC
BD-RE, BD-RE Dual Layer, BD-ROM, CD (CD-DA), CD-R / -RW, DVD+R, DVD+R Double Layer, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-R Dual Layer, DVD-RW, DVD-Video, SA-CD (SA-CD / CD) Playback, Stereoscopic 3D (profile 5), Ultra HD Blu-ray
VIDEO FORMAT
AVCHD Disc Format, HEVC, Motion JPEG (.mov, .avi), MPEG-1 Video/PS (.mpg .MPEG, .mkv) .VOB, .VRO, MPEG-2 Video/PS, TS ( .mpg.MPEG, .m2ts, .mts, .mkv) .VOB, .VRO, MPEG-4 / AVC (.mov, 3gp, .3g2, .3gpp, .3gpp2, .flv), MPEG-4 AVC (.mkv, .mp4, .m4v, .m2ts, .mts), VC1 (.m2ts, .mts, .mkv), VP6, VP8, VP9, WMV9 (.wmv, .asf, .mkv), Xvid (.avi, .mkv)
AUDIO FORMAT
AAC (.AAC, .mka), AIFF (.aiff, .aif), ALAC (.m4a), Dolby® Digital (.ac3, .mka), DSD - DSDIFF / DSD (.dff, .dsf), FLAC (.flac, .fla), HEAAC v.1 / v.2 / level2, LPCM (.mka), Mokey's Audio, Vorbis, WMA10 Pro, WMA9 Standard (.WMA)
PHOTO FORMAT
BMP (.bmp), GIF (.gif), JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg), MPO MPF 3D (.mpo), PNG (.png), WEBP(.webp)

I really don't need it, but I just couldn't resist at this price after reading a few reviews. I'm looking forward to comparing it to my Samsung UBD-K8500.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Please get with @shadyJ to get some legit 3rd party measurements of this thing!

Then you can write it off as a business expense! :D
Lol, no. If I measure it to be anything less than absolute perfection, a lot of people will be out for my blood!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I just grabbed a Sony 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player | UBP-X700 with High-Resolution Audio for $69 CAD (less than $50 USD) from the Best Buy Auction Site here in Canada.

Playback Capability
DISC
BD-RE, BD-RE Dual Layer, BD-ROM, CD (CD-DA), CD-R / -RW, DVD+R, DVD+R Double Layer, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-R Dual Layer, DVD-RW, DVD-Video, SA-CD (SA-CD / CD) Playback, Stereoscopic 3D (profile 5), Ultra HD Blu-ray
VIDEO FORMAT
AVCHD Disc Format, HEVC, Motion JPEG (.mov, .avi), MPEG-1 Video/PS (.mpg .MPEG, .mkv) .VOB, .VRO, MPEG-2 Video/PS, TS ( .mpg.MPEG, .m2ts, .mts, .mkv) .VOB, .VRO, MPEG-4 / AVC (.mov, 3gp, .3g2, .3gpp, .3gpp2, .flv), MPEG-4 AVC (.mkv, .mp4, .m4v, .m2ts, .mts), VC1 (.m2ts, .mts, .mkv), VP6, VP8, VP9, WMV9 (.wmv, .asf, .mkv), Xvid (.avi, .mkv)
AUDIO FORMAT
AAC (.AAC, .mka), AIFF (.aiff, .aif), ALAC (.m4a), Dolby Digital (.ac3, .mka), DSD - DSDIFF / DSD (.dff, .dsf), FLAC (.flac, .fla), HEAAC v.1 / v.2 / level2, LPCM (.mka), Mokey's Audio, Vorbis, WMA10 Pro, WMA9 Standard (.WMA)
PHOTO FORMAT
BMP (.bmp), GIF (.gif), JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg), MPO MPF 3D (.mpo), PNG (.png), WEBP(.webp)

I really don't need it, but I just couldn't resist at this price after reading a few reviews. I'm looking forward to comparing it to my Samsung UBD-K8500.
My x700 has been very good.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Then I can come to you for advice?
FWIW, mine has been solid, though I don't use it every day. ;) A little funky in the UI. Oh, and it does not like DTS multi-channel CDs very much: it doesn't read the track info well, though playback is exceptional. (It will play track 2, then repeat it saying it is track 3... and it snowballs.) But with regular CDs and all video discs I have run through it, it is great.

But that UI... D@mn.

I'd almost say DOS is more user friendly just to prove my point in case a Sony exec is following this thread. :p
;)

FWIW, I've used mine for almost 6 years, and the price you paid for yours is exceptional. ;) If mine only cost $50 US, I wouldn't complain about the other stuff! :D

W

Wardog555

Full Audioholic
I recently bought myself a pair of arendal 1961 heights. I've enjoyed them that much that I've ordered another pair that I intend on using as my height channels.

I been trailing them as my surrounds to give an indication on whether they sound good.
When I had the speakers on my polk r600 towers as the design intended with the angle facing down the sound was diffused and It was difficult to localize the audio. I've realized this is what I get in IMAX and a Dolby atmos cinema I go to.

In order to fix this issue what I did was flip the speaker 180 degrees so that the tweeter is on top.
Now I'm quite happy and it blends In well with my other speakers.

It's not bright or harsh at all and I find it rather flat and neutral excactly what I'm looking for. While I wanted 80hz crossover I've found the people at arendal recommends the crossover to be higher at 110 hz. Wish I had known this!

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
I recently bought myself a pair of arendal 1961 heights. I've enjoyed them that much that I've ordered another pair that I intend on using as my height channels.

I been trailing them as my surrounds to give an indication on whether they sound good.
When I had the speakers on my polk r600 towers as the design intended with the angle facing down the sound was diffused and It was difficult to localize the audio. I've realized this is what I get in IMAX and a Dolby atmos cinema I go to.

In order to fix this issue what I did was flip the speaker 180 degrees so that the tweeter is on top.
Now I'm quite happy and it blends In well with my other speakers.

It's not bright or harsh at all and I find it rather flat and neutral excactly what I'm looking for. While I wanted 80hz crossover I've found the people at arendal recommends the crossover to be higher at 110 hz. Wish I had known this!
Excellent hope you were able to get the discount now that they’re discontinuing the 1961 line.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis