What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
It arrived and I got it home today. 2024 Subaru Outback Limited. I've been waiting since Sept 6 for it to arrive.

Getting Android Auto to work wasn't too horrible. Though it wants not just Bluetooth but also in car Wifi and USB. IF I turn off Wifi on the phone, Android Auto disconnects. If I unplug the USB, Android Auto disconnects. If I turn off Bluetooth the car turns it on again. I would want the USB plugged in anyway because I like to keep my phone charged. I don't know why it wants in-car WiFi but since I have Wifi on my phone turned on all the time it not really a problem.

The Harmon Kardon amp and speakers sound good. Not incredible but good enough that I don't think I'll be replacing the speakers. At least that's my first impressions.

I do need to reduce the treble and increase the bass on the internal equalizer in the PowerAmp ap I use to play the music files on my phone. The car itself only has a 3 band EQ which is pretty sad. But since I'll be using Android Auto for music exclusively, that isn't a problem.

2023 10 23 15 14 27.jpg
2023 10 23 15 14 37.jpg
2023 10 23 15 14 58.jpg

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Now android auto is giving me nothing but trouble. My music files play bit nothing else is working.

annunaki

annunaki

I picked up a factory refurbished Denon AVR-X2700H. It’s the first newish AVR I purchased in quite a few years!

I also purchased an LG 77” B3 OLED for my main video display. First new main display since 2011.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
My phone is a Samsung Galaxy 22+, a bit over a year old Android 13.

After a lot of messing around I finally have Android Auto working in the 2024 Outback Limited. Despite what the user manual says it does not want to be plugged into the USB-A data port. It wants the in-car Wifi and Bluetooth. While my music starts right away it appears to need a good 1 or 2 minutes to be fully operational. If I try to get to the Android Auto controls before that 1-2 minutes I get an error message on the screen. Phone and text are inaccessible until that 1-2 minutes are up.

If I say "Hey google" before that 1-2 minutes the car gives me a verbal error try again later.

So I guess it's workable. I'd have preferred not to use Wifi and instead use the USB-A data port because I will want to be charging the phone anyway so I guess I need to charge from the USB-C plug that's not also a data port.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have a S22 Ultra and it has problems with my Pioneer headset too. Usually because there is yet another update out either for Amazon music or Android Auto. It occasionally won't recognize commands. I am connected via USB-A as well, the only connection this one has.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Early bird Dave’s Picks for 2024. 4 CD set each for #49 and 50 plus 2 songs missing from 3rd disc in #48 During the year. I’m back to prescribing. Love live Dead.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I think this is my third year with one, I would have to agree. We bought the snowblower for this winter which would bring us up to 5 Ego products now.
I've had my Ego string trimmer for a third season now as well, flawless. But for blowin' snow My 30" Airens Platinum is the 'tits' ! With 400' of driveway a battery one wouldn't stand a chance !

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Early bird Dave’s Picks for 2024. 4 CD set each for #49 and 50 plus 2 songs missing from 3rd disc in #48 During the year. I’m back to prescribing. Love live Dead.
Thanks for the heads-up. I had not read my Grateful Dead Almanac email yet. I just subscribed for 2024 also.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Chair.jpg

Not Audio related, but I was an idiot to buy a new office/gaming chair when I went to remote work from home full time. (Thank you Covid :()

I bought a Arozzi Vernazza Soft Fabric Gaming Chair from Amazon for $430.00 It looked nice, I have enjoyed it almost 3 years. What I didn't realize is that it only has a 2-year warranty, which IMO is shameful at that price point.

Fortunately, I used my A/X card which gave me an extra year warranty. It was 8 days away from that expiration, but my chair recline will not hold its position, and the chair is now useless. A/X gave me a statement credit for the full amount, which I used to buy this chair.

I was going to buy a Herman Miller, that is the smart move, but did not want to buy used didnt want and pay 1400 for new.

Every review I have read on the Secretlab Titan Evo has rated it #1 in its category. It is also super expensive at $679 but was on sale for $619 and their customer service gave me another $30 coupon.

Why I bought it, excellent reviews. 3-year warranty, but extends it to 5 year if you register it properly and take a picture of it set up. Found out my Mastercard extends the warranty 2 years beyond the mfr warranty. So now I wont have to worry about paying for a new chair for 7 years.

Taken a lesson from my audio gear, at this point, if the warranty is not at least 5 years, I ain't buying it ;) They do offer leather, but two cats made that decision impossible!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
View attachment 63883

Not Audio related, but I was an idiot to buy a new office/gaming chair when I went to remote work from home full time. (Thank you Covid :()

I bought a Arozzi Vernazza Soft Fabric Gaming Chair from Amazon for $430.00 It looked nice, I have enjoyed it almost 3 years. What I didn't realize is that it only has a 2-year warranty, which IMO is shameful at that price point.

Fortunately, I used my A/X card which gave me an extra year warranty. It was 8 days away from that expiration, but my chair recline will not hold its position, and the chair is now useless. A/X gave me a statement credit for the full amount, which I used to buy this chair.

I was going to buy a Herman Miller, that is the smart move, but did not want to buy used didnt want and pay 1400 for new.

Every review I have read on the Secretlab Titan Evo has rated it #1 in its category. It is also super expensive at $679 but was on sale for $619 and their customer service gave me another $30 coupon.

Why I bought it, excellent reviews. 3-year warranty, but extends it to 5 year if you register it properly and take a picture of it set up. Found out my Mastercard extends the warranty 2 years beyond the mfr warranty. So now I wont have to worry about paying for a new chair for 7 years.

Taken a lesson from my audio gear, at this point, if the warranty is not at least 5 years, I ain't buying it ;) They do offer leather, but two cats made that decision impossible!
I’ve considered this, too. Please share your thoughts when you get it set up!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
just got a EGo battery leaf blower, love it !
I think this is my third year with one, I would have to agree. We bought the snowblower for this winter which would bring us up to 5 Ego products now.
Huge fan of the ego stuff. I've got a mower, edger, string trimmer, and leaf blower. I got them to replace my old Honda mower and 4 stroke string trimmer/edger/leaf blower. I can't believe how much more powerful this ego stuff is.

I've been very happy with their stuff so far.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
250' of Belden 5000UP 12-2 CL3 Speaker Cable
Cable Pants
And some Tech Flex Cable Sleeve

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
TOSlink optical cable on Amazon for $7.99 to connect Bluesound Node to my Rotel preamp. Will Bypass the Node DAC and use the high-grade DAC in the Rotel. WARRKY 6 ft. with Gold-plated ends and braided jacket. only needed 3 feet but the 6 footer was cheaper, go figure.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis