What Beer are you Drinking Tonight?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I just bought what will likely be my last 6-pack of the legendary Anchor Steam.

A lot of history here. Truly sad what is happening.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I just saw that last night. Really sucks.

Can't find a pic of the one I have in the fridge. Is Revision Hazy DIPA limited release, isn't even listed on their site. I tried it last week and it was good.
is it this one
Screenshot 2023-07-13 190256.jpg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Picked up a 16 ounce 12 pack of Mich Ultra on sale for close to the price of Natty Light 18 pack. Let the good times roll :)

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
My grocery store was out of my Guinness so I headed to Total Wine and the import section has dwindled down to about a 20' section of one side of an aisle and they are just as expensive as the grocery store. Meanwhile, the craft beer section goes for an aisle and a half or more and to me, there is way too many to choose from so I end up getting none. Why? Because it's too expensive to make an error buying something I may not like.

They had a little selection of the most expensive way to buy Guinness, Boddington and Old Speckled Hen in 4-packs. Also, much of that section of the store was reserved for White Claw and other trendy-hype products.

What does this mean for someone like me who just wants just enough of an otherwise popular import that is beyond the mainstream offerings? When my grocery was out, I didn't go anywhere else for a week because I knew I would have to do some searching and I just didn't have time or desire to hunt it down. I just did without. If this keeps up, I'll either quit it altogether, or brew my own Guinness clone or something similar or see if it's feasible to just get Guinness by the keg and install a kegerator to bypass the amount of times I have to shop, or getting gouged by distributorships.

All I drink is 1 cup of coffee in the morning, water all day at work, and one (maybe two on weekend nights when I feel festive and musical) beer after dinner. Mostly from just being otherwise waterlogged all day and wanting to taste something different than that. I drink no sugar, fruit or soft drinks although, I do a home juiced vegetable drink 3-4 times/wk but that's it.

Today I have yard work chores. It's very hot now here in FL., and I may even end up having 3 today, starting right after I get cleaned up. That first one right after the chores is the best beer of the week, really, but it's gone in seconds as more of a thirst-buster/primer for the next.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Trying to fully get off beer again…
But enjoyed a local wine country craft brew:
Cuver
Bell Road Bohemian Pilsner

pretty solid offering.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Last day of the sale. Picked up a 16 pack of Mich Ultra today same price as Natty Light. I should be set for a while. :)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
1691688599924.png

Pretty good. Imagine it would be great on tap.
1691688683575.png

Still my overall fav in-store buy.
1691688803536.png

Thinking of taking the plunge but realize it might be disappointing.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis