Can we have a rational discussion about guns and why the typical arguments for gun control and its implementation won't work?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Why is it a bad comparison- to you, maybe.

And when did killing Chickens for food become something people did? A helluva long time ago- they also produce eggs in a size that makes them worth collecting, so they have this advantage over Squirrels, too. Also, Chickens have been bred to grow faster and larger- they weren't very big a long time ago.
When a Shark is on the prowl, someone doesn't need to be the fastest swimmer, they just need to be faster than someone else whose in the area.
Bizarre comments. Look in every grocery store in America and what do you see? Chicken & turkey, and eggs. I never see squirrel. Heck, I don't even see squirrel in the weird "International/strange & bizarre" section.

Irrelevant if your fast, slow, or indifferent. Surfing is awesome, but there are risks. If you get attacked by a shark during surfing, does it mean I wanna spend taxpayer dollars hunting em down? Uh no.:rolleyes:

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Shark attacks are not that common: "Every year, around 80 unprovoked attacks are reported worldwide."

I read 100 attacks to about 5 deaths per year. Nothing substantial, but then again my point was should it happen that's just how it is. Cause yanno like you are in their water.:rolleyes:

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Bizarre comments. Look in every grocery store in America and what do you see? Chicken & turkey, and eggs. I never see squirrel. Heck, I don't even see squirrel in the weird "International/strange & bizarre" section.

Irrelevant if your fast, slow, or indifferent. Surfing is awesome, but there are risks. If you get attacked by a shark during surfing, does it mean I wanna spend taxpayer dollars hunting em down? Uh no.:rolleyes:
They won't offer Squirrel in stores unless there's enough demand for it.

From the link-

"While there are times when a squirrel is safe to eat, you should never try to kill one and eat it. The ODNR has guidelines to protect you and your family from eating an injured squirrel. Those guidelines are important to remember when preparing squirrel meat in your kitchen. You should avoid butter or cream based sauces, as these can harm the animal. Instead, use a beurre sauce, and if possible, a mix of veal or beef stocks. Finally, don’t use dark liquor when cooking a squirrel."

Also, from the second link,

"Can you eat squirrel? Yes, in general, squirrel meat is safe to eat and delicious. It’s said to taste a little like chicken or rabbit, with a distinctly nutty flavor. The meat is finely textured, lean, and light in color.

However, you must take some precautions to eat squirrel safely."

"Them's good vittles"- Jed Clampett

Not saying I'm gonna do it, but it seems that you're position that 'Squirrels aren't used for food' isn't quite correct.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
They won't offer Squirrel in stores unless there's enough demand for it.

From the link-

"While there are times when a squirrel is safe to eat, you should never try to kill one and eat it. The ODNR has guidelines to protect you and your family from eating an injured squirrel. Those guidelines are important to remember when preparing squirrel meat in your kitchen. You should avoid butter or cream based sauces, as these can harm the animal. Instead, use a beurre sauce, and if possible, a mix of veal or beef stocks. Finally, don’t use dark liquor when cooking a squirrel."

Also, from the second link,

"Can you eat squirrel? Yes, in general, squirrel meat is safe to eat and delicious. It’s said to taste a little like chicken or rabbit, with a distinctly nutty flavor. The meat is finely textured, lean, and light in color.

However, you must take some precautions to eat squirrel safely."

"Them's good vittles"- Jed Clampett

Not saying I'm gonna do it, but it seems that you're position that 'Squirrels aren't used for food' isn't quite correct.
Jeez dude, the argument isn't never. The argument is squirrels are not shot at for food. Their mostly shot at for fun. With exception to "destroying stuff" they're shot for fun. If you're 12 and squirrel shooting for fun, makes sense cause yanno kids don't know any better. 70 years-old and shooting squirrel for fun without any purpose? Well you're pretty f--king dumb.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Jeez dude, the argument isn't never. The argument is squirrels are not shot at for food. Their mostly shot at for fun. With exception to "destroying stuff" they're shot for fun. If you're 12 and squirrel shooting for fun, makes sense cause yanno kids don't know any better. 70 years-old and shooting squirrel for fun without any purpose? Well you're pretty f--king dumb.
I shoot squirrels because they burro into your attic, die, then attract rats and mice. It's pest control.

I've never shot anything alive "for fun".

highfigh

highfigh

I shoot squirrels because they burro into your attic, die, then attract rats and mice. It's pest control.

I've never shot anything alive "for fun".
Killing anything 'for fun' is completely unethical and immoral.

highfigh

highfigh

I used to love killing ants when I was a kid with a magnifying glass on a sunny day ! :D
I did, too. We thought they couldn't feel or think, but then I saw a Budweiser commercial where ants used a beer bottle to burn a guy's head by focusing sunlight. :)

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Just finished this book, good read. Pretty much where Fla is heading thanks to Wild West Gov Ron.
“Eternity Street: Violence and Justice in Frontier Los Angeles,”

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis