highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Good. They meow back. Plants do nothing. :)
They only do that to make us think they're paying attention. It's one of their ways of taunting us.

My theory is that plants are just a lot more quiet. Or, they wait until we're gone and then make a huge racket.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

They only do that to make us think they're paying attention. It's one of their ways of taunting us.

My theory is that plants are just a lot more quiet. Or, they wait until we're gone and then make a huge racket.
Is this a Schrodinger effect? :D

J

Jeepers

Full Audioholic
So it is now 6 hours to Brexit. BOJO will address the nation in five hours from now. There are to be celebrations across the UK. Nigel Farage has organized a big celebration in Parliament Square. In true EU fashion they turned off his microphone in the EU parliament yesterday, before he had finished his final speech. He and his MEPS were piped out of he chamber.

Hopefully this will lay to rest a fault line present in UK politics for 47 or more years. Charles de Gaulle never thought Britain would be a good fit in the EU and blocked entry. Time has proved him right.

I think it will be a relatively hard Brexit though, come the end of the year. Boris is in no mood for alignment over the regulatory environment, or having any EU courts continuing any jurisdiction in the UK. Fishing righst in British waters continue to be a big sticking point. The only thing that might change minds is that the economic situation in the EU, especially in Germany, is deteriorating quite fast. At the moment both sides seem to be taking a hard line to begin the 11 months of discussions to hammer out the details of the final agreement. Boris has vowed no extension beyond December 31, 2020.

I will start up our server to the UK by 4:00 PM central time today and watch the proceedings with interest.
Roughly 3 years and 4 months later; it is remarkably quiet on your side regarding Brexit. So tell us, how successful has Brexit been so far ?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Roughly 3 years and 4 months later; it is remarkably quiet on your side regarding Brexit. So tell us, how successful has Brexit been so far ?
The public is finding out that the many promises made by the Brexit crowd does not pan out, at least if they want some kind of access to the EU internal market.

Even the Brexit people did not understand what it really entailed as at least one of the major figures (as I recall) said before the vote that a Norwegian-EU type of deal could be used for UK-EU. Absolutely moronic and would make the entire Brexit entirely worthless and leave UK in a worse position than before: Pay more to EU, follow rules made by EU anyhow along with little influence.

Former UK PM Thatcher got UK a sweetheart deal of greatly reduced contributions to EU in the mid 1980'ies and Brexit blew that one away. Morons.

Quite simply, UK f*cked up.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

The public is finding out that the many promises made by the Brexit crowd does not pan out, at least if they want some kind of access to the EU internal market.

Even the Brexit people did not understand what it really entailed as at least one of the major figures (as I recall) said before the vote that a Norwegian-EU type of deal could be used for UK-EU. Absolutely moronic and would make the entire Brexit entirely worthless and leave UK in a worse position than before: Pay more to EU, follow rules made by EU anyhow along with little influence.

Former UK PM Thatcher got UK a sweetheart deal of greatly reduced contributions to EU in the mid 1980'ies and Brexit blew that one away. Morons.

Quite simply, UK f*cked up.
More like a FUBAR. google it. ;)

Come to think of it, that Netflix series is kind of funny in places.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis