jinjuku

jinjuku

Fox “News” pushed lies about stolen elections, knowing it was lies, and undermined US democracy and laying the ground work for a coup that failed. After that they whitewashed the violent armed insurrection, even this year. Propagating Russian propaganda, an enemy, was and still is something they do. The list goes on.

But here we have members still carrying water for Fox. They think of themselves as “conservatives” but I see sheeple with a distinctive lack of critical thinking. This is not what conservatism is about.
And some BLM protests causing $40 million in damages were portrayed as 'mostly peaceful'. So there is a lot of paint available apparently.

I'm happy that Fox got their comeuppins. I'm glad opinion pundits in journalist clothing are getting exited on seemingly all fronts. It's a good start.

I think the focus on comparing platitudes vs the real problem is just more heads up asses douchery.

Last edited:
isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Fox “News” pushed lies about stolen elections, knowing it was lies, and undermined US democracy and laying the ground work for a coup that failed. After that they whitewashed the violent armed insurrection, even this year. Propagating Russian propaganda, an enemy, was and still is something they do. The list goes on.

But here we have members still carrying water for Fox. They think of themselves as “conservatives” but I see sheeple with a distinctive lack of critical thinking. This is not what conservatism is about.
Fox News had a clear agenda from Day One....push whatever it takes by whatever methods needed to brainwash a certain portion of the general population to embrace and relish a militant right wing stance.
Trump was the pure embodiment of their warped world view.
January 6th was the true culmination of everything they strived for.
Other news organizations might trip over the facts sometimes, and while some might think they are leaning left for their condemnation of the right....sad facts just prove that all they are doing is reporting the truth.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I bet it was a firing. Obviously he was not worth his salary and brought negative equity to the organization in addition to his salary. So he meets the very definition of a deadbeat looser.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Are you concerned with the root problem or the degrees of difference in opinion journalism?
This is not a difference in opinions. This is not a case where 'both sides' are guilty.

The root problem is Faux News's persistent lying to promote an extremist political agenda, while posing as a news network. This has been going on ever since Rupert Murdoch hired Roger Ailes to form Faux News in 1996.

I'm not going to comment on your statement:
I think the focus on comparing platitudes vs the real problem is just more heads up asses douchery.
As a moderator, I'd hope you know better.

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

This is not a difference in opinions. This is not a case where 'both sides' are guilty.

The root problem is Faux News's persistent lying to promote an extremist political agenda, while posing as a news network. This has been going on ever since Rupert Murdoch hired Roger Ailes to form Faux News in 1996.

I'm not going to comment on your statement:
Really, MSNBC, CNN etc aren't guilty of straight up deception and stretching past the breaking point?

Bottom line is those who don't heed the past are doomed to repeat it.

I think they are the bigger sinner among sinners.

jinjuku

jinjuku

In this sub-forum I'll call it like I see it. I'm dumbfounded that just because Fox has been the brightest example in this that others aren't culpable in their own right for their own misinformation by a simple difference in intensity.

Seemingly you are ok with mistruthes as long as they aren't 'big ones'.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Two of the major players on their respective channels in the past few years gone! Maybe there is some hope here and we can have anything but a Biden Trump 2024 election. Probably not. :confused:

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Two of the major players on their respective channels in the past few years gone! Maybe there is some hope here and we can have anything but a Biden Trump 2024 election. Probably not. :confused:
Sure, we could just as easily have Biden/DeSantis 2024. Not sure if this option is any better.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Was the little truck*r picked out for his particularly anti-drumph comments, to passify drumphy for Fox's upcoming campaign for drumphy for president? There are so many more there than Bongino and Carlson.

The BLM thing has what to do with anything in regards to Faux? Other than Faux of course spreading plenty of lies about that, too.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
At least as bad. I want moderate dems and republicans. Probably won't happen in my lifetime.
Biden is very conservative dem. Is this why the youth didn't vote for him, nor I am not thrilled with him.
As far as GOP nominate, I'd like someone to be a well-educated, moderate, and generally sane person. But alas even this is nearly impossible ask.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL someone's been listening to too many yells of "radical left" by certain faux news types and "radical right" political types, but which sure as hell isn't Joe.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Lemon went from 'Black youth should pull up their pants' to 'there's a KKK member behind every trashcan in sight' in a very short amount of time.

At least Tucker has been the grade A ahole consistently.
Tucker might cost Murdoch more in the long run though.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Really, MSNBC, CNN etc aren't guilty of straight up deception and stretching past the breaking point?

Bottom line is those who don't heed the past are doomed to repeat it.

I think they are the bigger sinner among sinners.
I'd define it as leftist networks who avoid certain things (ie Floyd riots). That's different than say straight up lying about the election results. At least what will make a lawsuit.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I'd define it as leftist networks who avoid certain things (ie Floyd riots). That's different than say straight up lying about the election results. At least what will make a lawsuit.
Not sure what you mean by "avoid certain things (ie Floyd riots)" as there certainly was coverage of "Floyd riots" on MSNBC and CNN.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Not sure what you mean by "avoid certain things (ie Floyd riots)" as there certainly was coverage of "Floyd riots" on MSNBC and CNN.
Then I'd say the right is upset with the 'way' it was reported. Meaning they didn't believe the Democrats publicly condemned it or held themselves accountable.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Then I'd say the right is upset with the 'way' it was reported. Meaning they didn't believe the Democrats publicly condemned it or held themselves accountable.
If you by "the right" mean people having Fox "News", Newsmax and OAN as primary source of "news" I can understand that they could believe so. On the the other hand they've only a tenuous grip on reality as a result of what they consume combined with a certain lack of critical thinking.

A googling for "democrats condemning floyd riots" gives several fact-checking links. Here is some of them for Biden and Harris in autumn 2020.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis