RSL Digs Deep to 16Hz with new Speedwoofer 12S for $800!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Even though it is not a monster sub, the Speedwoofer 10S mkii has been hugely successful for RSL Speakers and our 2022 Product of the Year budget sub. Audio enthusiasts loved this small but capable sub, but, as is customary for a hobby rife with “upgradeitus,” they have been inquiring if RSL had been planning anything larger and more powerful. After years of being bombarded with requests for a more powerful sub, RSL has finally responded with the Speedwoofer 12S. The 80lbs Speedwoofer 12S literally doubles the size and weight of the 10S to dig down to 16Hz. With a massive 12” driver and beefy 500 watt amplifier, will the 12S raise the bar on performance and value for $800 subwoofers?

speewoofer12s.jpg

Read: RSL Speedwoofer 12S Digs Deep to 16Hz for Only $800!

PS. James Larson will be doing a formal review of this beastly subwoofer with full measurements. Make sure you ask him regularly when that will be completed ;)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Even though it is not a monster sub, the Speedwoofer 10S mkii has been hugely successful for RSL Speakers and our 2022 Product of the Year budget sub. Audio enthusiasts loved this small but capable sub, but, as is customary for a hobby rife with “upgradeitus,” they have been inquiring if RSL had been planning anything larger and more powerful. After years of being bombarded with requests for a more powerful sub, RSL has finally responded with the Speedwoofer 12S. The 80lbs Speedwoofer 12S literally doubles the size and weight of the 10S to dig down to 16Hz. With a massive 12” driver and beefy 500 watt amplifier, will the 12S raise the bar on performance and value for $800 subwoofers?

View attachment 60849

PS. James Larson will be doing a formal review of this beastly subwoofer with full measurements. Make sure you ask him regularly when that will be completed ;)
Have definitely been waiting for this for a while. Will be happy to ask James regularly for his review! I’m sure he will be happy to oblige… lol

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

View attachment 60849

@shadyJ !!!! When are you doing a full review? @shadyJ when are you doing a full review? @shadyJ when are you doing a full review?
@shadyJ when are you doing a full review?

:D

Man I can do this everyday!!!!

;)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I am excited to learn about this new fantastic sub. Pricing is positioned to be pretty aggressive.

By the way: Until stock runs out, SVS has a few PB-2000 subs in the outlet (no damage) for only $599, but it lacks DSP tuning.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
@shadyJ !!!! When are you doing a full review? @shadyJ when are you doing a full review? @shadyJ when are you doing a full review?

:D

Man I can do this everyday!!!!

;)
I have the unit in-house, but I have to get a couple of projects out of the way before I can even start with the 12S. It will take a while, so don't hold your breath. We do have some other cool things in the pipe though, so there are many other things to look forward to.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I have the unit in-house, but I have to get a couple of projects out of the way before I can even start with the 12S. It will take a while, so don't hold your breath. We do have some other cool things in the pipe though, so there are many other things to look forward to.
Such a tease.
1678725602197.png

C

corey

Senior Audioholic
A direct comparison between this and a SVS PB1000 Pro would be very nice.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
A direct comparison between this and a SVS PB1000 Pro would be very nice.
As Shady has reviewed all of the current SVS Subs, you’ll be able to compare and contrast to your hearts content…

Once he gets the review done!
;)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Fine ok ok I won't remind you every day... siggghh.. . :D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
As Shady has reviewed all of the current SVS Subs, you’ll be able to compare and contrast to your hearts content…

Once he gets the review done!
;)
Yeah right! He’s gotta get started first!!!!!

T

The original Kdogg

Audiophyte
My RSL speedwoofer 12s comes in on Wednesday!
I'll be comparing it to my current REL HT1205
My living room Home theater is very open concept and has many challenges getting the right bass response. Hopefully this RSL will be just what my room needs because I can't put more than one sub because of the layout of the room. Any more subs would look horrible and become an extreme eye sore! I think @Audioholics will bestow the large room approval for this new beast

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
My RSL speedwoofer 12s comes in on Wednesday!
I'll be comparing it to my current REL HT1205
My living room Home theater is very open concept and has many challenges getting the right bass response. Hopefully this RSL will be just what my room needs because I can't put more than one sub because of the layout of the room. Any more subs would look horrible and become an extreme eye sore! I think @Audioholics will bestow the large room approval for this new beast
Awesome let us know what you think!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah right! He’s gotta get started first!!!!!
On avs forum on the RSL 12s thread there are users that got the pre order ones so users can give them feedback before RSL puts them out on sale. Some good feedback from users has begun subjective only at this point no objective measurements you might want to check that thread out

RSL Speedwoofer 12S announced

T

The original Kdogg

Audiophyte
On avs forum on the RSL 12s thread there are users that got the pre order ones so users can give them feedback before RSL puts them out on sale. Some good feedback from users has begun subjective only at this point no objective measurements you might want to check that thread out

I just set up a new thread for the RSL speedwoofer 12s

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Thanks Daniel San. I will check it. And your new one. Hai!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis