Definitive technology sale

N

Ngpaw

Audioholic Intern
I know a lot of people say they don’t care much for def tech speakers , but the sale on there old 9000 series is a big one for someone looking not to spend much on a good speaker that is just starting out. IMO

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I know a lot of people say they don’t care much for def tech speakers , but the sale on there old 9000 series is a big one for someone looking not to spend much on a good speaker that is just starting out. IMO
Buying junk are the most expensive of purchases. Those speakers are junk, especially the amps which blow with astonishing regularity. AVOID.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I'm all for not spending exorbitant amounts of money, but there are absolutely much better Speakers out there than the BP9000 series.
#friends don't let friends buy Def Tech
:p

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
I really like Deftech satellites, Pro 600/800 etc. It's another example of an overly inflated brand that can found for damn good deals second hand. Not worth retail, but can be a steal if you're patient with Offerup

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I really like Deftech satellites, Pro 600/800 etc. It's another example of an overly inflated brand that can found for damn good deals second hand. Not worth retail, but can be a steal if you're patient with Offerup
Yeah I’ve never heard them , pretty pricey even on sale . Bestbuy has them online but I’ve never seen them In store so never heard them . I suppose used are far cheaper .!
Those passive radiators are like cool looking, make it sound bigger then a satellite?
The super towers with subs are crazy expensive! Can’t understand buying those or golden ears .

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
Yeah I’ve never heard them , pretty pricey even on sale . Bestbuy has them online but I’ve never seen them In store so never heard them . I suppose used are far cheaper .!
Those passive radiators are like cool looking, make it sound bigger then a satellite?
The super towers with subs are crazy expensive! Can’t understand buying those or golden ears .

I've never heard their towers and don't have a ton of interest in them. Their satellites are bright (which I like), loud, and play as such with very little distortion. I've picked up their 5.1 speaker package on offerup more than once for < $150. Compare that to $1,000 new and I'd call it a damn good deal. I usually throw the subwoofer away or sell it for $20 or so. I took the center and 6 satellites to make pretty killer HT in my kid's arcade room. Once they were paired with a PB-2000 and a HSU ported sub, all was right with the world.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I've never heard their towers and don't have a ton of interest in them. Their satellites are bright (which I like), loud, and play as such with very little distortion. I've picked up their 5.1 speaker package on offerup more than once for < $150. Compare that to $1,000 new and I'd call it a damn good deal. I usually throw the subwoofer away or sell it for $20 or so. I took the center and 6 satellites to make pretty killer HT in my kid's arcade room. Once they were paired with a PB-2000 and a HSU ported sub, all was right with the world.
Dang practically 1/9 regular price who would have passed on that deal !!
Incredible value , I’d never pay even half retail though for something that small .
They do actually sound a lot bigger than their size ? Unlike most satellites; the passives on them look impressive.

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
Dang practically 1/9 regular price who would have passed on that deal !!
Incredible value , I’d never pay even half retail though for something that small .
They do actually sound a lot bigger than their size ? Unlike most satellites; the passives on them look impressive.
They do sound “a little bigger” than their size yes. They fill a a small room very nicely

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I was a big Def Tech guy when I first got into this hobby, back when they were only sold in brick mortar mom and pop stores. I had them for many, many years. Then I went to RSL for a year or so but now JBL Studio 5 speakers. Def Tech will always be my break in to "high end".

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
what i was reading and watching. about definitive technology.speakers they seem to be good speakers.every online review seem to favor them. l listened to them and really liked how they proformed. i just upgraded definitive today and i won't call them budget speakers what they replaced i would call budget

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
what i was reading and watching. about definitive technology.speakers they seem to be good speakers.every online review seem to favor them. l listened to them and really liked how they proformed. i just upgraded definitive today and i won't call them budget speakers what they replaced i would call budget
Which speakers did you get specifically? Any towers ? Congratulations ..
you could probably make a new thread on your set up , who knows we’re op is at.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis