Problems With Liberal Democracy

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
[snip an informative post]
And, I'm tired of doing your homework for you.
You can see it as a public service for other people reading this thread, and reminds me of the COVID thread rebutting anti-vaxxers there with facts and informed opinion.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

That's it. I won't be commenting on, or responding to other questions concerning, voter ID and or vote suppression. The topic has been beaten into oblivion and further back and forth is unlikely to be productive.
So are cable debates yet it has infinite life. ;) :D :D :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
So are cable debates yet it has infinite life. ;) :D :D :D
Hell, there's a thread where someone asked if a power conditioner would make their video smoother. I didn't reply, but really wanted to ask "if you can explain to me how that would be possible, then I'll answer the question."

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Voter suppression comes in many forms.
Why are there so many places where lines are many hours long? Why is it illegals for good samaritans to give food or water to people in long lines?
Why are drop boxes being eliminated or reduced to one or two in a good-sized city or county? Why are so few in person voting places that creates these long lines? Are they equitably placed?
Why are some in person voting places so far away in some localities, like out of the city even?

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Hell, there's a thread where someone asked if a power conditioner would make their video smoother. I didn't reply, but really wanted to ask "if you can explain to me how that would be possible, then I'll answer the question."
If they could explain it may not need a response. :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You're safe since they can't :)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Here we are with Trump, again, but like for a voter suppression denier, only a f*cking moron would believe he did not know.

>>>Former President Donald Trump hosted White nationalist and Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes and rapper Kanye West at his Mar-a-Lago estate this week, demonstrating his continued willingness to associate with figures who have well-publicized antisemitic views as he embarks on another White House run.

West, who has legally changed his name to Ye, posted a video Thursday on Twitter in which he claimed that Trump “is really impressed with Fuentes,” who has repeatedly made antisemitic and racist comments as chronicled by the Anti-Defamation League.

Fuentes, West said in the Twitter video, “is actually a loyalist” to Trump, unlike others who he said abandoned the former president after the 2020 election.

In a text message conversation tweeted by West on Thursday, he and Fuentes said they both met with the former president. A source confirmed to CNN Trump’s dinner with Fuentes and West, who became engulfed in controversy after repeating antisemitic conspiracy theories and making other offensive claims during an appearance on a podcast in October.

A source familiar with the dinner said that Fuentes was a guest of Kanye’s and was not invited by the former president.

Trump acknowledged the dinner in a post on Truth Social Friday stating: “This past week, Kanye West called me to have dinner at Mar-a-Lago. Shortly thereafter, he unexpectedly showed up with three of his friends, whom I knew nothing about. We had dinner on Tuesday evening with many members present on the back patio. The dinner was quick and uneventful. They then left for the airport.”

Trump repeated later Friday that he “didn’t know” Fuentes and had offered West business as well as political advice.

“I told him he should definitely not run for President, ‘any voters you may have should vote for TRUMP,’” the former president wrote on Truth Social. “Anyway, we got along great, he expressed no anti-Semitism, & I appreciated all of the nice things he said about me on ‘Tucker Carlson.’” ...<<<

highfigh

highfigh

This might be a good link for the 'Politico Headlines' thread, but....

Seems to be taking a line from Bill Clinton (I feel your pain).

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

Why did you refer to Bill Clinton here? Do you think that Putin and Clinton are the same?

highfigh

highfigh

Why did you refer to Bill Clinton here? Do you think that Putin and Clinton are the same?
He said "I feel your pain' during a Presidential debate after someone asked each candidate how they were affected by the economy. In all honesty, any of them who wanted people to believe they were affected in any way was ridiculous and it's similar to Putin's comment- he doesn't feel a damned thing about their losses.

I included Clinton's comment- you could have done a search to find the context and the only think I omitted was quotation marks.

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic

It is worthy of note, that all the comments from those "mothers of soldiers" were edited out - apparently some were scathing.

highfigh

highfigh

It is worthy of note, that all the comments from those "mothers of soldiers" were edited out - apparently some were scathing.
And the comment about one son's death inspiring his mother work harder to make Donetsk part of Russia is exactly what I would expect from someone who wasn't alive during Communism or, if she was, she wasn't very old when the USSR became Russia again. Time and change have a habit of clouding peoples' memory. Sure, some people want Russia to return to the past life, but it's likely that some received special treatment because, as many know, the ones who are friends of the Party do better than those who are critical of it. Look at what happens when people criticize Putin now- "Off you go, then- you go and enjoy your "state-sanctioned holiday in a labor prison". Or, worse.

Everyone I have spoken with, who lived in USSR, sneers when they talk about it. They all say 'Living under Communism', not 'Living with/in Communism. The first person I knew came from Prague around the time the Soviets invaded and when someone in our Algebra class asked how they lived, he sneered and said "We didn't live, we existed".

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
And the comment about one son's death inspiring his mother work harder to make Donetsk part of Russia is exactly what I would expect from someone who wasn't alive during Communism or, if she was, she wasn't very old when the USSR became Russia again. Time and change have a habit of clouding peoples' memory. Sure, some people want Russia to return to the past life, but it's likely that some received special treatment because, as many know, the ones who are friends of the Party do better than those who are critical of it. Look at what happens when people criticize Putin now- "Off you go, then- you go and enjoy your "state-sanctioned holiday in a labor prison". Or, worse.

Everyone I have spoken with, who lived in USSR, sneers when they talk about it. They all say 'Living under Communism', not 'Living with/in Communism. The first person I knew came from Prague around the time the Soviets invaded and when someone in our Algebra class asked how they lived, he sneered and said "We didn't live, we existed".
There is a huge selection bias in this where the highly educated/well off could escape. For most people in the former USSR the end of Soviet Union did not bring any improvement in living standard or expected life time, quite the contrary.

highfigh

highfigh

There is a huge selection bias in this where the highly educated/well off could escape. For most people in the former USSR the end of Soviet Union did not bring any improvement in living standard or expected life time, quite the contrary.
A friend returned to Ukraine (Kyiv) for a vacation and said he couldn't believe how much had changed- the people were friendlier, the city was cleaner and people had more freedom, but it was still plagued by corruption and crime. He was told that he should move to a different place every few days and every time he did that, someone broke into the previous place. He said that the cost of buying a house was very reasonable, too.

I was at the computer store where he was the manager and one day, a middle-aged woman came in with her teen-aged son. They told him they were going to Russia, so she could see some family members and friends, Ilya asked what he wanted to do- the boy said he wanted to see how they live and how things are run, so he could bring some of those ideas back and she immediately snapped "Not in MY house!". This store was in an area where many from USSR live and because he speaks the language, they had a place to go where they didn't need to struggle with communication. Every single one of the people from those countries came here because they felt that they had to get out from under that system.

I hate the way we were taught "Commies must die!", as if it was all of the people who were the problem, rather than the governments and their indoctrination.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

Your first statement is correct. Russia doesn't qualify as a liberal democracy.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis