Problems With Liberal Democracy

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
I disagree. Tucker was lying at a 90% clip LOL.
And based on various reliable sources, was encouraged to continue by his management - which is still unchanged, and driving the rest of their team the same way...

Kings of FakeNews

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
of course I can see the difference !!! NOT ONCE did I claim apples to apples comparison !! You, like several others on here seem to think every time I make a remark on someone from the left you think I'm coming across as a MAGA Trump supporter, NOTHING could be further from the truth. Show me one time where I did that, you can't !

Can you see the difference and understand that not all conservative individuals are Trump lovers ?
It is irrelevant if some are not Trump supporters. It's the concern there are enough of them who will push him over the top in the primary.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
And based on various reliable sources, was encouraged to continue by his management - which is still unchanged, and driving the rest of their team the same way...

Kings of FakeNews
Kavuti and Brett Baier are good. Ingraham and Hannity not so much LOL. Mark Levin thankfully is tucked away on Sunday where noone have to see hahaha. He was classic on radio way back. I'd never heard someone yell that much before. Now that he's older he can't. Too stressful on the heart. Blood pressure meds. :p

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
It is irrelevant if some are not Trump supporters. It's the concern there are enough of them who will push him over the top in the primary.
So, a mean old far-right "conservative" that lives for owning the libs along with a penchant for posting disinformation from far-right extremist sites whines about being mistaken for a Trump supporter. :rolleyes:

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
So, a mean old far-right "conservative" that lives for owning the libs along with a penchant for posting disinformation from far-right extremist sites whines about being mistaken for a Trump supporter. :rolleyes:
Sure but he's trying to say there is non-Trump people when overall it looks the other way. Hopefully the polls are juiced, but I'm not hopeful.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Sure but he's trying to say there is non-Trump people when overall it looks the other way. Hopefully the polls are juiced, but I'm not hopeful.
Just because he claims to be non-Trump, assuming he is honest here, does not mean that his brand of far-right "conservatism" is any better or less of a threat to democracy.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Just because he claims to be non-Trump, assuming he is honest here, does not mean that his brand of far-right "conservatism" is any better or less of a threat to democracy.
At least on occasion he has criticized Trump. His peers have pretty much left the building.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
With all our bickering back and forth I think it's time we pause and let this re-make of a Lee Greenwood classic sink in.............

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
At least the Desantis campaign looks to be dead in the water now. That guy is scary.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
At least the Desantis campaign looks to be dead in the water now. That guy is scary.
I’d say that most of the rest of the Republican candidates for President are not much of an improvement either.

Then there is the really strange argument that since they’re so good at defending Trump a Trump supporter should vote for them instead in the primary. Good grief.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I’d say that most of the rest of the Republican candidates for President are not much of an improvement either.

Then there is the really strange argument that since they’re so good at defending Trump a Trump supporter should vote for them instead in the primary. Good grief.
I'm surprised you'd say that. They certainly are better in terms of character.

I'm sure most are running for '28, but I'd have hit on "without the baggage". Although what is going to work??? It was already decided, and any criticism of Trump hurts their careers.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Why do so many Republicans insist that the US is not a democracy?
It's a democracy in the sense the voter has the right to vote for who they want. However, that doesn't mean America was founded on democratic principles. Democracy (freedom to vote and choose) and democratic (party policy) are two different words.

Edit: I'm not sure Brian Klaas gets it right either. I didn't vote against Trump because I disagreed with his Republican ideals. I voted against his behavior and character. The way Republicans portray the situation is you have to vote Republican regardless of how big a dickhead the candidate is. That I have to do poop is not what America is founded on.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
That puzzles me as well for what the Founding Fathers had in mind, as I kind of recall vaguely, is the direct democracy of the old antique, and not a representative democracy the we have have in so many places in the world.

I could be far less charitable and say that the current Republicans long for an authoritarian rule and wants democracy that US have to today to be abolished. The word "fascist" comes to mind.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Probably because 'Democracy' and Democrat' are very similar. While saying this isn't a Democracy, it's only accurate on a technical basis since we have had so many aspects of Democracy.

As I posted previously, I think social media is a scourge (FB & Twitter being the worst) and better behavior should be mandated- free speech is great, but at what point is it time to send people to their respective corners? Parents do it with their kids when they argue, but adults won't stand for it.

Democracy isn't just being able to vote- it's a way to prevent mobs from getting their way and in theory, to allow change to come in a more civil way. However, 'majority rule' is being replaced by small groups getting their way by making more noise and through cancel culture. When people do terrible things, they need to change but what's happening now is not the way to go about it.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It's a democracy in the sense the voter has the right to vote for who they want. However, that doesn't mean America was founded on democratic principles. Democracy (freedom to vote and choose) and democratic (party policy) are two different words.

Edit: I'm not sure Brian Klaas gets it right either. I didn't vote against Trump because I disagreed with his Republican ideals. I voted against his behavior and character. The way Republicans portray the situation is you have to vote Republican regardless of how big a dickhead the candidate is. That I have to do poop is not what America is founded on.
Of course it was founded on democratic principles. It was certainly not perfect right out of the gate - the franchise was only extended to white landowners at first - but it expanded over time. The US is a representative democracy, just like Canada, Australia, France, the UK, etc.

Well, Brian is a scholar on the topic.
Brian Klaas - Wikipedia

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
That puzzles me as well for what the Founding Fathers had in mind, as I kind of recall vaguely, is the direct democracy of the old antique, and not a representative democracy the we have have in so many places in the world.

I could be far less charitable and say that the current Republicans long for an authoritarian rule and wants democracy that US have to today to be abolished. The word "fascist" comes to mind.
I get the sense that some Republicans deny that the US is a democracy to explain away their election wins, despite their tendency to lose popular votes. Or, as you say, it's to justify some authoritarian attitudes.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Probably because 'Democracy' and Democrat' are very similar. While saying this isn't a Democracy, it's only accurate on a technical basis since we have had so many aspects of Democracy.

As I posted previously, I think social media is a scourge (FB & Twitter being the worst) and better behavior should be mandated- free speech is great, but at what point is it time to send people to their respective corners? Parents do it with their kids when they argue, but adults won't stand for it.

Democracy isn't just being able to vote- it's a way to prevent mobs from getting their way and in theory, to allow change to come in a more civil way.
Of course. Democracy includes freedoms, as recognized in democratic countries' constitutions and legislation, as well as respect for the rule of law.
However, 'majority rule' is being replaced by small groups getting their way by making more noise and through cancel culture.
Like the electoral college, right? ;)

When people do terrible things, they need to change but what's happening now is not the way to go about it.
I don't know what this means.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I get the sense that some Republicans deny that the US is a democracy to explain away their election wins, despite their tendency to lose popular votes. Or, as you say, it's to justify some authoritarian attitudes.
Heh, USA is not alone with some parties being underrepresented due to the election system. In Norway for the election to the parliament we have a number of regions with an allocated number of members but that system resulted in an under-representation of some parties. So, starting in 1989 the parliament was expanded to address that issue with a country-wide count. Later expanded in 2003.

So a minority of votes could get a majority in parliament, and did.

As I recall growing up, people in cities was not all that happy with being under-represented.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis