problems with Republicans

Status
Not open for further replies.
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
So, Democrats don't push hate? They hate anyone who doesn't agree with them.

That said, the jag who broke into Pelosi's house looks like he has too many relatives on both ends of the family twig.

First, the US didn't have a republican party when it was founded and when it was, the main goal was to end slavery. The Democrats had a death grip on that until Johnson and the Great Society, which was supposed to eliminate poverty and racial injustice and his historical views on race pre GS aren't anything to brag about. Well, THAT has failed, but don't look at one party as the cause- these have been an ugly mess and I think a completely different view is needed because I don't really see any great plans that are workable. They either want to give all or nothing and it's almost like they (government) are telling people what they'll get, how much and that they'll like whatever they receive. Well, here it is, good and hard. Someone, and we all know who, says that the economy is great, gas prices are down and inflation isn't a problem. That 'someone' needs to go grocery shopping and check the price for a lot of the things people need for their everyday lives. Is Mayonnaise really worth $4.59 for a small jar? It was $3.59 earlier this year. Four bucks for a dozen eggs? Really?
I have never labelled anyone's post "dumb" before and I won't start now. However, I would suggest you take a step back and be honest with yourself. There is no both sides argument to be made here. Whatever hatred Democrats hold, the GOP can say, "here, hold my beer".

Only the GOP Celebrates Political Violence - The Atlantic

And, while it is certainly an issue - around the globe, not just in the US - the economy will survive. What should be higher on American voters' radar is the integrity of elections. I said it before - this is an existential issue.

Meet the election deniers on the cusp of controlling U.S. elections | CBC News

Too many Republicans are sleepwalking through this or actually don't care if an election is fair as long as they win.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I have never labelled anyone's post "dumb" before and I won't start now. However, I would suggest you take a step back and be honest with yourself. There is no both sides argument to be made here. Whatever hatred Democrats hold, the GOP can say, "here, hold my beer".

And, while it is certainly an issue - around the globe, not just in the US - the economy will survive. What should be higher on American voters' radar is the integrity of elections. I said it before - this is an existential issue.

Too many Republicans are sleepwalking through this or actually don't care if an election is fair as long as they win.

yep, I see this display of ridiculous 'right wing' nonsense over on the Political section of the Corvette forum. The majority on that board just hate anything left of center and refuse to ever extend the olive branch.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

Never wrote that you rated my posts dumb- it's always someone else and this time, someone who hasn't posted much in quite a while did it, but neither indicated why.

You need to realize that many of the people who aren't Democrat don't want to be Republican, either- we want no part of the GOP.

I'm going to post this again, because it has been awhile- the first time I heard of ACORN, it was in regard to a trial for election fraud, misconduct in office and perjury. The defendant was aware that what he did was illegal and had been warned to not turn in the voter registration cards, yet he did it anyway. He admitted to the perjury, but that had little to do with the other charges. This was in 2002 or 2003 and he's a Democrat. In another election, the son of Democratic Gwen Moore was arrested and sentenced for his role in the tire slashing of some vans that were used by the Republicans, for transporting voters to the polls. I can't think of an election where someone didn't find boxes or bags of ballots somewhere, usually after the count has been made and that's just in the MKE area. It's not as bad as many think, but people do f%ck around with the election process and nobody wants to see that their side has any role in it.

People still say that requiring voter ID is racist but if you ask people of color, they don't always agree. EVERYONE who opens a checking account, drives, drop off trash at a local waste collection site, receives government assistance, buy liquor or cigarettes- there's almost no end to the reasons for needing a photo ID, but the Democrats continue to bitch about it in order to stir the pot.

People should be smart enough to decide that a candidate is/isn't qualified, but many aren't, so they listen to the ads that get their blood boiling, whether the ads are accurate, or not. The ads from Michels' AND Mandela Barnes' side are inaccurate, then Politifact shows where and clears it up for those who are willing to listen, but not for the ones who made up their mind as soon as they saw who's running. Then, there are the voters who'll never vote for someone who doesn't look a bit like them- here we are in 2022 and it's still a problem.

I'm sick of saying "People disappoint me" and the reasons aren't changing, but the severity of the bad behavior is increasing. People are raising idiots and a$$holes, politicians want to blame the other side for it and crime is ruining the country. Yeah, as Carville said, "It's the economy, stupid" but the crime that's spreading from the cities into the counties that aren't even adjacent is causing voters to hate people, whether it's people from the cities or politicians.

BTW- I have posted about shootings near my house- on Friday, an accused murderer was arrested next door. He was able to gain access to the vacant rental unit by his sister's boyfriend who, apparently, unlocked a window. The fugitive's sister stopped by with food and other things (big TV) and did this while nobody was watching- I saw and heard nothing from that house, even when the US Marshals were there to enter. They came and went- I was 25 feet away at my computer and it was like the whole thing never happened. MKE is completely unable to do anything but talk about what they're gonna do, but nothing changes, except for the worse.

Tell me why I should vote for Democrats when they have been in MKE government positions for so long. FWIW- I think Michels is one of the smarmiest turds to come along in a long time. I'm not planning to stay in WI for long. It's time.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Never wrote that you rated my posts dumb- it's always someone else and this time, someone who hasn't posted much in quite a while did it, but neither indicated why.
I wasn't accusing you. I just wanted to point out that I don't, because I don't think it adds anything of value to a conversation.

You need to realize that many of the people who aren't Democrat don't want to be Republican, either- we want no part of the GOP.
I hear ya. You don't feel like you have a home. I don't know what the solution is, other than encouraging other parties to form.
I'm going to post this again, because it has been awhile- the first time I heard of ACORN, it was in regard to a trial for election fraud, misconduct in office and perjury. The defendant was aware that what he did was illegal and had been warned to not turn in the voter registration cards, yet he did it anyway. He admitted to the perjury, but that had little to do with the other charges. This was in 2002 or 2003 and he's a Democrat. In another election, the son of Democratic Gwen Moore was arrested and sentenced for his role in the tire slashing of some vans that were used by the Republicans, for transporting voters to the polls. I can't think of an election where someone didn't find boxes or bags of ballots somewhere, usually after the count has been made and that's just in the MKE area. It's not as bad as many think, but people do f%ck around with the election process and nobody wants to see that their side has any role in it.

People still say that requiring voter ID is racist but if you ask people of color, they don't always agree. EVERYONE who opens a checking account, drives, drop off trash at a local waste collection site, receives government assistance, buy liquor or cigarettes- there's almost no end to the reasons for needing a photo ID, but the Democrats continue to bitch about it in order to stir the pot.
While I'm sure we could find examples of election shenanigans in any country and all parties, the widespread desire and willingness of the GOP to engineer victories from races they wouldn't otherwise win appears to be the worst we've seen since the Jim Crow era.

People should be smart enough to decide that a candidate is/isn't qualified, but many aren't, so they listen to the ads that get their blood boiling, whether the ads are accurate, or not. The ads from Michels' AND Mandela Barnes' side are inaccurate, then Politifact shows where and clears it up for those who are willing to listen, but not for the ones who made up their mind as soon as they saw who's running. Then, there are the voters who'll never vote for someone who doesn't look a bit like them- here we are in 2022 and it's still a problem.

I'm sick of saying "People disappoint me" and the reasons aren't changing, but the severity of the bad behavior is increasing. People are raising idiots and a$$holes, politicians want to blame the other side for it and crime is ruining the country. Yeah, as Carville said, "It's the economy, stupid" but the crime that's spreading from the cities into the counties that aren't even adjacent is causing voters to hate people, whether it's people from the cities or politicians.

BTW- I have posted about shootings near my house- on Friday, an accused murderer was arrested next door. He was able to gain access to the vacant rental unit by his sister's boyfriend who, apparently, unlocked a window. The fugitive's sister stopped by with food and other things (big TV) and did this while nobody was watching- I saw and heard nothing from that house, even when the US Marshals were there to enter. They came and went- I was 25 feet away at my computer and it was like the whole thing never happened. MKE is completely unable to do anything but talk about what they're gonna do, but nothing changes, except for the worse.

Tell me why I should vote for Democrats when they have been in MKE government positions for so long. FWIW- I think Michels is one of the smarmiest turds to come along in a long time. I'm not planning to stay in WI for long. It's time.
If it was me and I couldn't bring myself to vote for a particular Democrat candidate, I'd probably spoil my ballot - just to send a message.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I wasn't accusing you. I just wanted to point out that I don't, because I don't think it adds anything of value to a conversation.

I hear ya. You don't feel like you have a home. I don't know what the solution is, other than encouraging other parties to form.

While I'm sure we could find examples of election shenanigans in any country and all parties, the widespread desire and willingness of the GOP to engineer victories from races they wouldn't otherwise win appears to be the worst we've seen since the Jim Crow era.

If it was me and I couldn't bring myself to vote for a particular Democrat candidate, I'd probably spoil my ballot - just to send a message.
I agree on the no value added thinking- it's like a little kid on a plane who won't stop kicking the seat in front.

I haven't seen anything that indicates the voter suppression is as widespread as Jim Crow and saying it's that bad is just fear-mongering. It's not that common. Do you really think the polls would be left standing if it were?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
This "both sides does" argument is a tiresome deflection of the fact that it's the GOP and the MAGA crowd that are the proponents of that vast majority of political violence.

This is entirely asymmetric, and the same type of intellectually dishonest argument defending Trumps lying with that Obama did so too.

In the YouTube clip below there is a GOP House Member defending his Tweet of "firing" Mrs Pelosi while shooting a gun.

1667234861297.png

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I agree on the no value added thinking- it's like a little kid on a plane who won't stop kicking the seat in front.

I haven't seen anything that indicates the voter suppression is as widespread as Jim Crow and saying it's that bad is just fear-mongering. It's not that common. Do you really think the polls would be left standing if it were?
It remains to be seen if I'm fear-mongering. If I turn out to be wrong, I'll admit it.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
This "both sides does" argument is a tiresome deflection of the fact that it's the GOP and the MAGA crowd that are the proponents of that vast majority of political violence.

This is entirely asymmetric, and the same type of intellectually dishonest argument defending Trumps lying with that Obama did so too.

In the YouTube clip below there is a GOP House Member defending his Tweet of "firing" Mrs Pelosi while shooting a gun.

View attachment 58378
The obsession of the MAGA crowd with their guns is bizarre, and if you're one of the people singled out by them, scary.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
It remains to be seen if I'm fear-mongering. If I turn out to be wrong, I'll admit it.
Do you think a MAGA Republican will ever utter the words "If I turn out to be wrong, I'll admit it." and mean it?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
The obsession of the MAGA crowd with their guns is bizarre, and if you're one of the people singled out by them, scary.
And there are masked armed groups sitting close by some polling stations, and even the registration plates of their cars are masked. This is voter intimidation using the threat of violence to stop coloured people or Democrats from voting.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Do you think a MAGA Republican will ever utter the words "If I turn out to be wrong, I'll admit it." and mean it?
I was only referring to myself, but to answer your question - no.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
If Levine was referring to the financial cost, Jan 6 was nothing. Protesters are still out, but they're smaller groups and they seem to know that if they go off, it will be worse for them than before.

Yeah, WRT Crowder and the rest....to quote Moe Howard (Three Stooges, for anyone who doesn't know) Moe said, on several occasions, "Every time you think, you weaken the nation".
I'm pretty sure Levine's intent wasn't the economic disparity but to create distance between Trump and Jan 6th. He did this in his vitriol against Kinzinger. Unlikely due to exposing him as a RINO but because Kinzinger spoke out against Trump.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Election Day is getting near. I voted 3 weeks ago by mail-in ballot. Avoiding the US Postal Service, I drove directly to a ballot drop box. Today, I got a text message that my ballot was counted.

Before voting, I could hardly stand political advertising. Ever since voting, I couldn't tolerate it at all.

I wish it all would end. I remember wishing for the same thing 2 years ago, hoping (naively) that election results would lead to less obnoxious noise. That didn't work out so well. But one can always hope that things will improve this time.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not sure 'Republic' and 'Republican' are as closely related as you're thinking. OTOH, we also have the Democrats and this isn't a true Democracy, so....
Why is a Republic and a Republic(an) not so closely related?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Election Day is getting near. I voted 3 weeks ago by mail-in ballot. Avoiding the US Postal Service, I drove directly to a ballot drop box. Today, I got a text message that my ballot was counted.

Before voting, I could hardly stand political advertising. Ever since voting, I couldn't tolerate it at all.

I wish it all would end. I remember wishing for the same thing 2 years ago, hoping (naively) that election results would lead to less obnoxious noise. That didn't work out so well. But one can always hope that things will improve this time.
agreed, I'm wearing out the mute button on my remote .........

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
OTOH, we also have the Democrats and this isn't a true Democracy, so....
Democratic principles and a democracy are different. The latter is a fair and just election while the former is about ideology and policy. Every nation is a democracy (or should be), but whether they're a Republic or Democratic. Hence America's founding as a "Republic" or "Republican democracy." Neither side like the others definition. In the case of the Republic, there are Republicans who'd prefer "representative Republic," but it could lead to all kinds of abuses of power with a one-party system.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
A republic, if you can keep it. -- Ben Franklin

It's a favorite of mine, and I think the reason Republicans lie & conspiracy so much is they really don't know how to sell the republic that terribly well.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
With Musk taking over Twitter, expect a rise from the right in testing the boundaries of free speech (ie lies & conspiracies).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis