problems with Republicans

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The point being they're the "founding" party.....

1. Basically you vote for them on the economy.

2. Their MO is lies & conspiracies, and there isn't much of a "market" for conservative [investigative] journalism.

3. But when you go beyond the lies & conspiracies, they don't appear to be able to articulate much. Like Fox TV does a good job in reporting, and there's the Examiner and NY Post. But there isn't much in the way beyond that. Was it wise to abandon journalism because they deem it a leftist field? Because often it appears what's left is opinion hosts w/o a journalism background, and it feels very amateurish.

4. They often don't appear to even be versed in journalism or citing sources and cannot even participate in the debate.

5. Or they lean on leftist sources to make their point on the left LOL.

6. Faith-based ideals and therefore lose the debate to feelings based on the "other" world. Why the RNP tries to get religion out of politics, especially in a debate.

7. Lies, conspiracies, and hate to galvanize voters, but also lack confidence in their ability to sell conservatism???

8. Will say, 'Well what do the Democrats stand for?' Without telling you what the Democrats stand for LOL.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
9. Since overturning Roe vs Wade, might be less pro-life than what they claimed on the Democrats LOL.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The point being they're the "founding" party.....
The Republican Party was not the founding party, that became the federalists. The Republican Party didn't exist until 1854.

From Wiki,

"The GOP was founded in 1854 by anti-slavery activists who opposed the Kansas-Nebraska Act, which allowed for the potential expansion of chattel slavery into the western territories."

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The Republican Party was not the founding party, that became the federalists. The Republican Party didn't exist until 1854.

From Wiki,

"The GOP was founded in 1854 by anti-slavery activists who opposed the Kansas-Nebraska Act, which allowed for the potential expansion of chattel slavery into the western territories."
Does it matter? They often refer to the Constitution's origination as Republic.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
10. The biggest problem with the GOP is it's hypocrisy. They can dish out abuse like no other politician. But they can't take it.

highfigh

highfigh

Does it matter? They often refer to the Constitution's origination as Republic.
A 'republic' is a form of government, one definition of 'Republican' is "Of, relating to, or characteristic of a republic." which, sadly, has been forgotten. I showed the original GOP platform in my last post.

highfigh

highfigh

10. The biggest problem with the GOP is it's hypocrisy. They can dish out abuse like no other politician. But they can't take it.
So, the party of "Do as I say, not as I do" is what you hitch your wagon to?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
A 'republic' is a form of government, one definition of 'Republican' is "Of, relating to, or characteristic of a republic." which, sadly, has been forgotten. I showed the original GOP platform in my last post.
It has relevance as a historical side note, but since Republicans do refer to themselves as the originality it has little relevance.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
See Trump era. Can't handle it at all and even more snowflakery than what they claimed Hillarys base to be.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
11. In politics are more likely to believe in conspiracies since they're the ones pushing conspiracies the most LOL.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
12. Since their MO is grievance, it's a revolving door of the latest a$$holes in media with little respectability. Or worse, they LOVE them for it.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Vague look at some of those names......

Trump, Don Jr, Bannon, Ghouliani, Lindsey Graham, MTG, Boebert, Gosar, Gaetz, Hannity, Tucker, Ingraham, Dobbs, Kelly Anne Conway, Matt Walsh, Jimmy Dore, probably candidate Riki Lake, The Pillow Guy, etc. Not too many respectables on the list.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The laughable "compassionate" conservative marketing from the 90s (due to their MO I presume).

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Vague look at some of those names......

Trump, Don Jr, Bannon, Ghouliani, Lindsey Graham, MTG, Boebert, Gosar, Gaetz, Hannity, Tucker, Ingraham, Dobbs, Kelly Anne Conway, Matt Walsh, Jimmy Dore, probably candidate Riki Lake, The Pillow Guy, etc. Not too many respectables on the list.
Not too many? Which one or two are? ;)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
A fav months back was Hannity is the longest running political host in history or to the effect. Boy that must have been quite the party LOL. Doesn't have quite the same sentiment as Brokaw, Koppel, Cronkite, Rather, or Jennings. Maybe "Celebrating 30 years of tabloid journalism." Or how about "The Life of Tucker Carlson" haha. Probably not too many Republicans would even tune in.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
When they do this, someone should slap them.
I don't have a problem with the idea America is a Republic. My problem is they don't appear to be that great at representing it. To me it feels like this Well at least we're not as bad as the Democrats! A favorite quote of mine is A republic, if you can keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis