problems with Republicans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Think I'm done with DeSantis. I don't think the Democrats are doing much on border security, but if you're shipping immigrants around to liberal cities for cheap political points well its to own the libs again.
Especially when unexpectedly shipping to small places that neither have the resources for this nor getting any heads-up, like the island Martha's Vineyard with a population of 20 000.

This is a cruel stunt.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Especially when unexpectedly shipping to small places that neither have the resources for this nor getting any heads-up, like the island Martha's Vineyard with a population of 20 000.

This is a cruel stunt.
A cruel stunt indeed. And despite this vacation and summer spot not having the resources, they still stepped up to the task. DeSantis made the mistake of assuming everyone in the country are pieces of garbage like him and instead these locals showed people dignity and respect. And with all due respect to DeSantis, MA was a border state along with NY long before FL taking in millions of Italians, Jewish, and Irish. The Feds should strip funding from FL, TX, and AZ and send to NY, DC, and MA. It's clear DeSantis isn't intersted in re-election in FL and more interested in 2024, but problem for him is he may have flipped FL blue for 2024 given it was much of the Latino vote in 2020 that made it red.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
A cruel stunt indeed. And despite this vacation and summer spot not having the resources, they still stepped up to the task. DeSantis made the mistake of assuming everyone in the country are pieces of garbage like him and instead these locals showed people dignity and respect. And with all due respect to DeSantis, MA was a border state along with NY long before FL taking in millions of Italians, Jewish, and Irish. The Feds should strip funding from FL, TX, and AZ and send to NY, DC, and MA. It's clear DeSantis isn't intersted in re-election in FL and more interested in 2024, but problem for him is he may have flipped FL blue for 2024 given it was much of the Latino vote in 2020 that made it red.
The fact that these folks are not illegal seems to be completely ignored.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I've moved a little bit more to the center on it. I can see that Biden's doing nothing on the influx, and I see these southern cities having no other choice but to bus them to other cities because they can only handle so many immigrants. I'd have to know the procedure which cities take them in. Doesn't seem to me like a whole lot of people anywhere are just going to take them into their homes. I'd say Martha's Vineyard is a political stunt because it's the #1 vacation town in America. Do they even have the infrastructure a city would to handle importing? So then Fox goes 'See they're rich elite liberals who don't care about immigrants.' I mean they were bringing in large containers of food it looked like. Then they went to a military compound. I'd also like to know what "sanctuary" cities means in this context. Abortion I understand, but immigrants? Hmmm.....

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe we should all just have a little fun with this. They sent immigrants to Martha's Vineyard and Kamala's house. Then in return, I think it's Massachusettes, is sending Florida "books" hahaha.:D

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I've moved a little bit more to the center on it. I can see that Biden's doing nothing on the influx, and I see these southern cities having no other choice but to bus them to other cities because they can only handle so many immigrants. I'd have to know the procedure which cities take them in. Doesn't seem to me like a whole lot of people anywhere are just going to take them into their homes. I'd say Martha's Vineyard is a political stunt because it's the #1 vacation town in America. Do they even have the infrastructure a city would to handle importing? So then Fox goes 'See they're rich elite liberals who don't care about immigrants.' I mean they were bringing in large containers of food it looked like. Then they went to a military compound. I'd also like to know what "sanctuary" cities means in this context. Abortion I understand, but immigrants? Hmmm.....
That could be an argument if those southern states actually tried to coordinate this with northern states, but that appears not to have been the case at all. From what I've read and seen (on TV) is that this is done for political points to maximize any problems for northern states that are not informed about any arriving immigrants. The immigrants themselves are lied to and possibly coerced/pressured, and no concern for the immigrants with children.

It's appalling, really.

So you can add another problem point: Lack of empathy and decency.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe we should all just have a little fun with this. They sent immigrants to Martha's Vineyard and Kamala's house. Then in return, I think it's Massachusettes, is sending Florida "books" hahaha.:D
There where small children with no place to stay when they arrived because Florida wanted it that way. I don't find that funny but appallingly cruel and indecent.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
You seriousy think NY, MA and DC don't get special funding already? Maybe not when Congress and POTUS are Republican, but with people like Schumer, etc in office, they sure as hell are treated differently from TX, AZ and FL. Remember- state funding is controlled by politicians, not charitable organizations.

So, you want to penalize the people of those states for what their Governors did?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
That could be an argument if those southern states actually tried to coordinate this with northern states, but that appears not to have been the case at all. From what I've read and seen (on TV) is that this is done for political points to maximize any problems for northern states that are not informed about any arriving immigrants. The immigrants themselves are lied to and possibly coerced/pressured, and no concern for the immigrants with children.

It's appalling, really.

So you can add another problem point: Lack of empathy and decency.
I think that was the game plan. Send them over w/o telling them and then creating the scenario that when they are not prepared for it saying, 'Well they want illegal immigration, and now that they're here they don't want them.' It was just reported that Martha's put up a church and emergency housing before the military stepped in.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You seriousy think NY, MA and DC don't get special funding already? Maybe not when Congress and POTUS are Republican, but with people like Schumer, etc in office, they sure as hell are treated differently from TX, AZ and FL. Remember- state funding is controlled by politicians, not charitable organizations.

"Not having the resources?" Martha's Vineyard is full of money.
Having 50+ people, including small children, unexpectedly arriving at an island with 20 000 inhabitants is a "resource problem" there and then.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Having 50+ people, including small children, unexpectedly arriving at an island with 20 000 inhabitants is a "resource problem" there and then.
That's what I was trying to say. It's not really a city.

highfigh

highfigh

So, it's a problem when an enclave for wealthy Democrats has to deal with illegals, but not areas controlled by Republicans where people and small towns don't have a buttload of money?

Got it.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
So, it's a problem when an enclave for wealthy Democrats has to deal with illegals, but not areas controlled by Republicans where people and small towns don't have a buttload of money?

Got it.
You don’t get it at all.

highfigh

highfigh

You don’t get it at all.
Why don't you enlighten me with your wisdom?

But it's OK for Sweden to be tough on illegal immigration, eh?

In a place where 20K live, mostly wealthy, they could have a hiring fair and 50 immigrants would no longer be a problem.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
That's what I was trying to say. It's not really a city.
But even cities will eventually have resources issues when having numerous unpredicted arrivals of immigrants sent to them by southern states. The unpredicted part is intended to cause problems with no concern for the harm they cause the immigrants.

Should every northern city allocate for a huge number of immigrants just in case a southern state sends them some without telling them? Of course not.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Why don't you enlighten me with your wisdom?

But it's OK for Sweden to be tough on illegal immigration, eh?

In a place where 20K live, mostly wealthy, they could have a hiring fair and 50 immigrants would no longer be a problem.
As @GO-NAD! wrote it’s not much use trying to discuss with you.

Like another poster in this thread you don’t have any decency.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
But even cities will eventually have resources issues when having numerous unpredicted arrivals of immigrants sent to them by southern states. The unpredicted part is intended to cause problems with no concern for the harm they cause the immigrants.

Should every northern city allocate for a huge number of immigrants just in case a southern state sends them some without telling them? Of course not.
Think I have to go with the Republicans on this one. It's outta control, and if we're not gonna control the issue than places like Martha's can step up.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Think I have to go with the Republicans on this one. It's outta control, and if we're not gonna control the issue than places like Martha's can step up.
So much for your decency, I guess. If you call this “moving to the center” I wonder where you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis