Go republicans! Let's restrict womens bodies again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lazasar

Junior Audioholic
Actually I do the government kills people everyday depending on whether they choose to fight what war or not to fight what war what policies they choose to enforce or not

People kill each other every day in so many different ways and if the government decides then its somehow okay how is this any different?

I do believe the moment conception starts that's a human being in there. I don't believe in trying to sugar coat that

But if that mother is willing to face whatever repercussions she's willing to take for taking that life that's between her and whatever she believes in.

As far as people helping they don't. They usually give a little but no where near enough usually then it always goes back to that's the consequences of her action type of argument

Well here she is willing to take the ultimate responsibility for her actions and just because people disagree your going to restrict her from making that choice?

To me that makes absolutely no logical sense
I appreciate where you are coming from, but I think it is far more significant than the woman suffering the consequences of her actions. I believe that abortion is a symptom of an erosion of our humanity and that erosion can explain why we treat each other the way we do…. Why murder and violent crime are on the rise. I did not advocate the Federal Government should outlaw abortion. What I do advocate for is that government does not encourage or pay for abortion. That we as a society acknowledge the wrong of it and we do everything in our power to help young women make a different decision and that the fathers be responsible for the children they father. I don’t claim to have all the answers, but I do know that abortion is wrong and from there I can do what is in my power to do.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Fair enough on the riots. Most conservatives and many democrats go to Fox and to a lesser degree Newsmax from the links I am sent. Have not looked at their financials in a while, but they seem to be doing well financially so the market is certainly there. We do not know how large that market could be on the likes of YT because they censure.

It would seem one of the problems the rest of the media seems to be having is their lack of credibility with the middle or moderates. Ironically, one of the items that comes up most for lack of credibility in media is the distorted coverage of the 2020 riots as well as the shilling for the government on the economy. We saw last week the ratings of the Jan 6 committee generating little interest. People outside the media bubble have more important issues to deal with.
If YT censures, why is Fox on there?

Conservatives have the issue with the left not covering the riots to their liking. It was conservatives who also disappeared from December '20 to January 6th, so basically the point is moot.

So the question remains: what are the conservatives doing to get a bigger share/influence in the media pie? Nothing, and wait for the Times and CNN to dry up and become more centrist or conservative? Talented conservatives could use YT as a platform to reach the young, no? I'm hearing zero from conservatives on this because as far as I can see it is zero they desire to do about it but complain their marginalized and in the minority in the media. The problem might go beyond blaming the left. Maybe the conservatives somewhere along the way left journalism behind for too many opinion hosts? Maybe if they had more of a journalism background they could provide more biting, investigative pieces on the left? Thus far I'd say they're impotent to do anything about it.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I appreciate where you are coming from, but I think it is far more significant than the woman suffering the consequences of her actions. I believe that abortion is a symptom of an erosion of our humanity and that erosion can explain why we treat each other the way we do…. Why murder and violent crime are on the rise. I did not advocate the Federal Government should outlaw abortion. What I do advocate for is that government does not encourage or pay for abortion. That we as a society acknowledge the wrong of it and we do everything in our power to help young women make a different decision and that the fathers be responsible for the children they father. I don’t claim to have all the answers, but I do know that abortion is wrong and from there I can do what is in my power to do.
I can respect and empathize with what your saying but working in mental health and living with mental issues myself I feel that you may from my experience have the lens turned backwards on things that are wrong in the world and individuals and what needs to be done to create change

Your maintaining part of that change needs to come from the government, outside institutions, with the approach of primarily enforcement. If we as a society impose rules that we think address a person's moral or mental or behavioral issues then they can change

What I've experienced over the years is the opposite. The more outside institutions try enforcement of any shape or form it actually leads to individual stagnation physically emotionally mentally and spiritually. Change needs to start from within not from without.

The more any side imposes limits it robs a person from making that internal decision and journey to change. People have to change one person at a time and the change comes from them it comes from within and it can never be induced by external factors.

Society has always been brutal and ugly as a whole throughout history because that is the nature of humanity. But an equal part of human nature is great beauty and the capacity to change. But it's always been messy and a back and forth journey.

You maintain society is eroding I maintain we have always been this way. Technology and the comforts we have here in the West can cover it up but underneath the veneer of civilization our true nature both the beautiful and ugly have always been right there.

I feel humans ability to change and the darkness humanity overcomes is not going to be influenced one way or the other by what a woman decides to do with the life inside of her. Ij fact imposing limits on they're individual choices may keep them from evolving and contribute to the ailments of society that your concerned about

I'm not saying we shouldn't have limits and laws in fact they are critical. Those limits are what sometimes leads someone to the internal pressure to change. My own experience testifies to that. And I'm not saying we as society shouldn't help. I was very grateful for a hand up but never a hand out so to speak

But there has to be a balance. If the individual only affects themselves and no one else even if they carry life within them they MUST in my opinion be given the freedom to choose. Or they can't evolve. If there behavior impacts others safety or liberties then enforcement and consequences MUST be strong and those consequences MUST be followed up by intensive treatment.

That's what I feel is wrong with the conservative perspective on issues like abortion. They believe imposing limits based on THEYRE personal belief system will create change. I find it has the opposite effect. It leads to stagnation.

Ironically my incarceration in institutions and treatment centers and my journey to redemption from bipolar disorder is what gave birth to my conservative values. To me self accountability and the freedom to make choices and grow from them good or bad is sacred above all.

My time in the system and institutions is what created my fierce belief that institutions and big gov is the worst thing to rely upon for change. Only within myself and my community can that change be created. Big gov must be kept out of this as much as realistically possible.

I think Roe vs Wade gave women the freedom to do this on the issue of abortion. I don't feel it should be overturned

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
If YT censures, why is Fox on there?

Conservatives have the issue with the left not covering the riots to their liking. It was conservatives who also disappeared from December '20 to January 6th, so basically the point is moot.

So the question remains: what are the conservatives doing to get a bigger share/influence in the media pie? Nothing, and wait for the Times and CNN to dry up and become more centrist or conservative? Talented conservatives could use YT as a platform to reach the young, no? I'm hearing zero from conservatives on this because as far as I can see it is zero they desire to do about it but complain their marginalized and in the minority in the media. The problem might go beyond blaming the left. Maybe the conservatives somewhere along the way left journalism behind for too many opinion hosts? Maybe if they had more of a journalism background they could provide more biting, investigative pieces on the left? Thus far I'd say they're impotent to do anything about it.
The fact that YT censures is proven. Fox is on there because they are too big and obvious to censure but that's just an opinion. As I previously mentioned, the conservative audience now has it's "home" along with other media preferences and Fox is making money. That audience will just not tune into or believe the establishment media which also has opinion hosts. It would seem with Fox's share of democrats tuning in, they feel that way too. That is reflected in their financial results.

As for new money coming into media? That will be a function of projected profitability. The margins in news media are thin so that's probably part of the reason too. Little has changed since the movie "Network" was in the theaters.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Just because the results from this poll differ from those of other polls doesn't mean they are a more accurate reflection of reality.
Rasmussen Reports - Wikipedia
Agree, there are many polls but would not rely on Wikipedia's commentary on anything either.
What seems to lend credence to the Rasmussen result are early numbers for the elections in November.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I do know that abortion is wrong
Correction: you believe abortion is wrong and you're entitled to that belief. What your not entitled to is that belief having any bearing on someone else's choice about their own body. If you don't want to get an abortion then don't get one. It's quite simple really.

What I do advocate for is that government does not encourage or pay for abortion.
Please show me where/how the government is encouraging abortion?

I believe that abortion is a symptom of an erosion of our humanity and that erosion can explain why we treat each other the way we do…. Why murder and violent crime are on the rise.
Humanity has always, throughout history, treated other people like crap. You can't blame that on abortion. There has always been an us versus them mentality with humans, it's been engrained into us through our evolution.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Agree, there are many polls but would not rely on Wikipedia's commentary on anything either.
Well, the "commentary" includes references.
What seems to lend credence to the Rasmussen result are early numbers for the elections in November.
Hopefully they're more accurate than those from the 2018 midterms.

A December 2018 article by political writer and analyst Harry Enten called Rasmussen the least accurate pollster in the 2018 midterm elections after stating Rasmussen had projected the Republicans to come ahead nationally by one point, while at the time Democrats were actually winning the national House vote by 8.6 points—an error of nearly 10 points.[110]

The Associated Press has also addressed Rasmussen's methodology. In 2018, AP journalists noted that Rasmussen's telephone methodology systematically omits adults, many of them young people, without landlines. The AP also noted that Rasmussen does not provide details regarding its online-panel methodology.[111]

In an article for The Hill titled "Rasmussen Research has a pro-GOP bias," panelist discussed Rasmussen's practice of adjusting results by party identification. In addition to providing professional criticism from Ipsos, the article cited methodological concerns from Frank Newport of Gallup.[2]

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
No, merely providing one F'd up individuals point of view to the abortion debate and yes, it's a shame her mother didn't abort her !!
If that teenager is a POS as you wrote above what does that make you as an old male? Perhaps it’s a shame that your mother did not abort you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis