haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
8BAF9727-0828-4817-9D56-D07E7E08ED51.jpeg

Russian AvtoVAZ began to produce cars:
- without automatic transmission,
- without airbags,
- without navigation,
- without ABS,
- without an engine that meets environmental standards.

"Miracle of technology" will cost 650-700 thousand rubles (about $10.6-11.5 thousand).

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
An interesting video about how corruption has rendered the Russian army into such a poor shape:
What he doesn't really get into is that the worst, most corrupt official of them all is Vladimir Putin himself. He is worth at least 70 billion, rumored to be worth north of 200 billion, and all of this on a 187 thousand dollar equivalent salary. I would guess that no one has done more to make the Russian military so combat ineffective than Putin himself with his own embezzlement of state funds.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
An interesting video about how corruption has rendered the Russian army into such a poor shape:
What he doesn't really get into is that the worst, most corrupt official of them all is Vladimir Putin himself. He is worth at least 70 billion, rumored to be worth north of 200 billion, and all of this on a 187 thousand dollar equivalent salary. I would guess that no one has done more to make the Russian military so combat ineffective than Putin himself with his own embezzlement of state funds.
As inept as they have proven themselves to be, the shear quantitative advantage in resources and manpower they hold over the Ukrainian forces will eventually enable them to prevail, unless the west ramps up support.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
View attachment 56474
Russian AvtoVAZ began to produce cars:
- without automatic transmission,
- without airbags,
- without navigation,
- without ABS,
- without an engine that meets environmental standards.

"Miracle of technology" will cost 650-700 thousand rubles (about $10.6-11.5 thousand).
Kinda like their tanks.......junk !

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Here's another somewhat depressing article about the situation in the east. My impression is that the U.S. is not sending nearly enough HIMARS systems there to make much of a difference (according to the second link below, the U.S. is only sending four M142 HIMARS systems to Ukraine)

>>>In Lyman itself, the fight is not going well for the outgunned Ukrainian defenders. Dima, a 25-year-old police officer and native of Lyman, is participating in the fight. He was in the nearby city of Sloviansk for a brief coffee break when New Lines spoke to him. “Equipment. We don’t have enough equipment,” Dima says. “There are enough people to fight. We need more equipment. They have much more equipment than we do. Several times more. Their equipment is modern, too. What they show on TV, that all they have is old junk — yes, there is old junk as well, but it’s like background extras.”

He stresses that the Ukrainian defenders are completely outgunned, pounded daily by all varieties of Russia’s overwhelming firepower.<<<

>>>As part of the latest presidential drawdown package for Ukraine — this one worth $700 million dollars — the Defense Department has included four M142 High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems, or HIMARS.<<<

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Kateryna, 19, raped by Chechen fighters in Mariupol, Ukraine.

For the moment at least, Kateryna remains one of the uncounted. She retreated to her cot as researchers logging potential war crimes made their way around the refugee center where she was staying in Poland, having escaped Mariupol on a circuitous route through russia.

Kateryna 19.jpg

WARSAW — It was just before sundown when two soldiers wearing black balaclavas burst into the Mariupol basement where Kateryna had been sheltering with neighbors since the first days of the war.

For a fleeting moment, the 19-year-old hoped the soldiers might be Ukrainian, though she knew that was unlikely in the russian-held area. She quickly realized they were Chechen fighters from Russia’s North Caucasus region, part of a force that gained a reputation for particularly harsh cruelty toward civilians who remained in the Ukrainian port city. The soldiers boasted about the superior uniforms given to their units.
They had rifles slung over their shoulders, she recalled, and they seemed drunk.

“We need to check documents,” she remembers one of the soldiers saying to the people huddled in the basement. As she rose to get hers, one of the men stopped her, put his hand to her cheek and complimented her on the definition of her nose. “He asked me what my name was,” she said. She sensed what was going to unfold.

“I’d already guessed deep down,” she later recounted.

Kateryna told that she had been sitting just inside the door to the basement, with a 75-year-old woman and the lady’s pet Chihuahua, when the Chechens entered on March 26. It was the first time any soldiers had been inside the building since the area was taken by Russian forces a few weeks earlier.

The one soldier told her she needed to come upstairs to be “examined.” The sound of shelling thundered around them, and she told him she was afraid to go up.

But he led her to an empty second-floor apartment and instructed her to bend down and rest her hands on the couch. “He showed me what I had to do,” she said. “I told him that I didn’t want to do it.”

“But he told me that he would kill me.”

She got on her knees and begged for her life.

“But he lifted me up in silence and did what he wanted,” she said.

She had few defenders in the basement that day.

She had been staying in the apartment block with her boyfriend’s family — though he had left to work overseas just before the invasion. As the weeks of subzero temperatures and food shortages continued, it was clear she had worn out her welcome. Her relationship with her own mother had long been strained, and her father had died four years earlier.

Artem, 38, an Azovstal steel plant worker she had befriended, said that when the soldiers arrived, he was at the hospital visiting his mother, who had ventured out and been hit by shrapnel from an explosion. But he corroborated Kateryna’s story, saying he later returned to the basement and heard from multiple neighbors who had witnessed her being taken upstairs.

“There were other men in the basement who could have helped her,” he said, “but they were scared as well.”

On April 25, Kateryna, Artem and three family friends made their escape, risking the journey through Russian checkpoints before crossing into Latvia and then Lithuania and on to Poland. They said they wanted to end up in Norway.

While Kateryna said she plans to report the rape someday, she also said she holds little hope of the perpetrator being punished. She never saw his face, she said, and knows nothing else about him.

“But I hope for it,” she said.

source: https://t.me/ukrainenowenglish/10390

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Kateryna, 19, raped by Chechen fighters in Mariupol, Ukraine.

For the moment at least, Kateryna remains one of the uncounted. She retreated to her cot as researchers logging potential war crimes made their way around the refugee center where she was staying in Poland, having escaped Mariupol on a circuitous route through russia.

View attachment 56519

WARSAW — It was just before sundown when two soldiers wearing black balaclavas burst into the Mariupol basement where Kateryna had been sheltering with neighbors since the first days of the war.

For a fleeting moment, the 19-year-old hoped the soldiers might be Ukrainian, though she knew that was unlikely in the russian-held area. She quickly realized they were Chechen fighters from Russia’s North Caucasus region, part of a force that gained a reputation for particularly harsh cruelty toward civilians who remained in the Ukrainian port city. The soldiers boasted about the superior uniforms given to their units.
They had rifles slung over their shoulders, she recalled, and they seemed drunk.

“We need to check documents,” she remembers one of the soldiers saying to the people huddled in the basement. As she rose to get hers, one of the men stopped her, put his hand to her cheek and complimented her on the definition of her nose. “He asked me what my name was,” she said. She sensed what was going to unfold.

“I’d already guessed deep down,” she later recounted.

Kateryna told that she had been sitting just inside the door to the basement, with a 75-year-old woman and the lady’s pet Chihuahua, when the Chechens entered on March 26. It was the first time any soldiers had been inside the building since the area was taken by Russian forces a few weeks earlier.

The one soldier told her she needed to come upstairs to be “examined.” The sound of shelling thundered around them, and she told him she was afraid to go up.

But he led her to an empty second-floor apartment and instructed her to bend down and rest her hands on the couch. “He showed me what I had to do,” she said. “I told him that I didn’t want to do it.”

“But he told me that he would kill me.”

She got on her knees and begged for her life.

“But he lifted me up in silence and did what he wanted,” she said.

She had few defenders in the basement that day.

She had been staying in the apartment block with her boyfriend’s family — though he had left to work overseas just before the invasion. As the weeks of subzero temperatures and food shortages continued, it was clear she had worn out her welcome. Her relationship with her own mother had long been strained, and her father had died four years earlier.

Artem, 38, an Azovstal steel plant worker she had befriended, said that when the soldiers arrived, he was at the hospital visiting his mother, who had ventured out and been hit by shrapnel from an explosion. But he corroborated Kateryna’s story, saying he later returned to the basement and heard from multiple neighbors who had witnessed her being taken upstairs.

“There were other men in the basement who could have helped her,” he said, “but they were scared as well.”

On April 25, Kateryna, Artem and three family friends made their escape, risking the journey through Russian checkpoints before crossing into Latvia and then Lithuania and on to Poland. They said they wanted to end up in Norway.

While Kateryna said she plans to report the rape someday, she also said she holds little hope of the perpetrator being punished. She never saw his face, she said, and knows nothing else about him.

“But I hope for it,” she said.

source: https://t.me/ukrainenowenglish/10390
Isn't this 2022??? :oops::(

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
That's my concern - the longer this drags on, the more likely that the west will stop paying attention.
As soon as the MSM see something that's more enticing (will allow them to make more money), they'll drop it, the same way they drop EVERY topic that seems to have faded.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Reports of this have been released since the beginning of this BS. Every war, every century.
Exactly right. From Boko Haram (think Nigerian Taliban) to the Chinese civil war on the Uyghurs, its happening right now. Civil wars count as wars.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I thought soldiers raping was a thing of the past. Guess not.
Rape is an abominable feature of practically every war. The Balkans conflict during the 90's and the recent war against ISIS are particularly infamous for it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis