Ukraine – Russia … not more of the last thread

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Flipping to North America. Getting that 1970s vibe again. Putin loves the opportunity to stick a finger in our eye.

That would dilute their forces in Ukraine- what's their plan, waltz into the US by crossing the border with Mexico? Dress the smaller soldiers as children, the medium-sized ones as women and apply for asylum? "Why do those women have beards & moustaches?".

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
That would dilute their forces in Ukraine- what's their plan, waltz into the US by crossing the border with Mexico? Dress the smaller soldiers as children, the medium-sized ones as women and apply for asylum? "Why do those women have beards & moustaches?".
These guys will serve as "advisors" and "train" his police force to terrorize Ortega's own population into cooperating with his dictatorship. After all, why would you import Russians who are not exactly known for their "humanitarian" training. This looks to be more about Ortega and China rather than Putin. Putin is returning a favor for their support in the UKR.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This is annoying. Apparently Russia is making more from it's oil and gas since the war in Ukraine began, and it's making enough to cover it's costs for the war (1st link below).

On the other hand, unless I'm reading the article wrong, it says that Russia's total fossil fuel revenue is enough to cover the cost of the war, not that the increase in revenue by itself is enough.

The second article below from Newsweek provides some information on Russia's military spending.

For what it's worth, if Russia continues through 2022 at it's present rate from January-April (according to the Newsweek article), it will have spent about 5.04 trillion rubles (88 billion US dollars) on military expenses. According to wiki, the US FY2022 included about $753 billion (.753 trillion) (US) in defense spending. However, I'm not sure if this is an apples to apples comparison, because I'm not sure if the US defense budget includes items that are not included in the Russian military spending in the Newsweek article.

According to the 3rd article below, the US spent $801 billion (US) in 2021 vs $65.9 billion (US) by Russia in 2021. According to the 4th article below, Russia's military spending in 2021 was 4.1% of GDP, whereas U.S. military spending was 3.5% of GDP in 2021. There appears to be no way for Russia to come close to matching U.S. military spending. And, of course, Russia would be up against a lot more than just the U.S. if Russia decided to pick a fight with NATO.

This post got a little off track, but I thought these numbers might be of interest.

>>>Russia earned what is very likely a record 93 billion euros in revenue from exports of oil, gas and coal in the first 100 days of the country’s invasion of Ukraine, according to data analyzed by the Center for Research on Energy and Clean Air, a research organization based in Helsinki. About two-thirds of those earnings, the equivalent of about $97 billion, came from oil, and most of the remainder from natural gas. . . .

Fossil fuel exports have been a key enabler of Russia’s military buildup. In 2021, revenue from oil and gas alone made up 45% of Russia’s federal budget, according to the International Energy Agency. The revenue from Russia’s fossil fuel exports exceeds what the country is spending on its war in Ukraine, the research center estimated, a sobering finding as momentum shifts in Russia’s favor as its forces focus on important regional targets amid a weapons shortage among Ukrainian soldiers.<<<

>>>Russia's federal budget in April showed 628 billion rubles [10.5 billion euros] were spent on national defense, which breaks down to about 21 billion rubles [0.35 euros] a day, The Moscow Times reported. . . .The Moscow Times said Russia's defense budget has more than doubled since the war began in late February. In January, the Russian government spent 233.7 billion rubles [3.9 billion euros] on its military, but that amount increased to 369 billion [6.2 billion euros] in February when Russia began moving troops and equipment to the borders during the lead-up to its invasion of Ukraine.

In April, Russia's national defense budget ballooned to around 628 billion rubles[10.5 billion euros]. In April of 2021, that figure was 275 billion [4.6 billion euros].

From January through April, Russia spent a total of 1.681 trillion rubles [0.028 trillion euros] on military expenses, according to The Moscow Times.<<<

M

maxaudio

Audiophyte
Considering the atrocities Ukraine suffered from the Nazis during WW2, and that people in Ukraine remember it all too well, my first response to your question would be, "That's probably fake news." And I would next ask, "Where did you see that photo?" Is the source reliable? Newsweek is no longer a reliable source.

@Replicant 7 and @Trell
Your previous posts on this thread can easily become the start of another ugly name-calling contest. Don't let it go there.
My great-grandfather was an officer in the SS. He told me that Ukranian SS members (and those from Belarus, etc.) were the wirst in terms of cruelty against Jews, Gipsies and the likes. Also there were antisemitic pogroms in Ukraine before WW2. My granddad also had a bunch of marauding Ukrainian SS members executed for breaking military law

M

maxaudio

Audiophyte
My great-grandfather was an officer in the SS. He told me that Ukranian SS members (and those from Belarus, etc.) were the wirst in terms of cruelty against Jews, Gipsies and the likes. Also there were antisemitic pogroms in Ukraine before WW2. My granddad also had a bunch of marauding Ukrainian SS members executed for breaking military law
in Poland (i.e. rape, murder).

M

Mojo Navigator

Junior Audioholic
As atrocious as the Nazi SS was during World War 2 your post misses the obvious reality of the situation. That is many hundreds of thousands of Eastern European men decided that the German army was a lesser evil than the Russian / Soviet army that had recently ravaged their communities and committed many atrocities. Men of military age had little choice. Either you were conscripted into the German or Russian army. Refusal usually meant immediate execution.

Joining the American, British, Canadian or Australian army was not an option. However, many surrendered to the Allies at the first opportunity.

The atrocities and brutality of the Russian invasion of Ukraine in 2022 is no different than what was done to Eastern Europe during WW2. This explains why former Soviet territories were the quickest to support Ukraine with serious military hardware.

Never forget.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
These guys will serve as "advisors" and "train" his police force to terrorize Ortega's own population into cooperating with his dictatorship. After all, why would you import Russians who are not exactly known for their "humanitarian" training. This looks to be more about Ortega and China rather than Putin. Putin is returning a favor for their support in the UKR.

Maybe there should be a movement to get Ortega out of power. We could call them....I don't know....how about "Contras"? Then there would be the problem of funding them...hmmm...I wonder how that might work. :D

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Maybe there should be a movement to get Ortega out of power. We could call them....I don't know....how about "Contras"? Then there would be the problem of funding them...hmmm...I wonder how that might work. :D
Yes, we could get the the Clash to reissue their Sandinista album but with Chinese subtitles of course.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Members of the SS came from a large number of countries. Determining who the "worst" were would be a fool's errand.
Waffen-SS foreign volunteers and conscripts - Wikipedia

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Members of the SS came from a large number of countries. Determining who the "worst" were would be a fool's errand.
Waffen-SS foreign volunteers and conscripts - Wikipedia
Especially if your source of who was "worst" was a German SS officer.

Yes, it's true that a large number of Eastern Europeans chose to collaborate with the conquering Nazi's instead of the Soviet Russians. But for many, it wasn't simply a matter of survival. There has been a very long and quite ugly history of racial, cultural, and religious prejudice in both Eastern and Western Europe that existed at least a thousand years before the rise of Nazism.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
It's still quite alive today in countries and on college campus. With respect to WW2, the UKR gets maybe too much comment on this issue at the expense of others. They were not alone in this in WW2. Pickup just about any book on Vichy France to see how cooperative some were and it was not forced. Refamilarize yourself with the Dreyfus Affair which showed how deep the roots go. Not to pick too much on France, but Jewish schools today have to be guarded with armed personnel.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I thought soldiers raping was a thing of the past. Guess not.
As far as I know:
100+ cases….. EVERY DAY
Youngest rape victim less than 2 years old……

lots of girls aged from 10+ being raped every day by ruzzians…

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Scholz and Germany are teo-faced cowards IMHO

Olaf Scholz rejected the idea of complete nationalization of Gazprom Germania, the former German division of Gazprom
He is concerned that such a decision "could irritate Putin" and lead to a halt to Russian gas supplies.

Earlier, German Minister for Economic Affairs and Climate Action Robert Habeck insisted on the complete nationalization of Gazprom Germania.

source: https://t.me/ukrainenowenglish/10889

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis