Obi-Wan Kenobi on Disney+

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Ok, I've seen the first two episodes. All I am going to say is McGregor is solid. Everything else is a massive MEH.
Bosch's last season hired bad-ass killer chic with a Mexican accent felt forced and too much of shooed in, but Third Sistah is way over the top. The "parkour" scenes, in particular in ep2, look ridiculous. A 10 year Leila (she seems to be no older than 8) can't decide if she's a wise way beyond her years or an annoying and spoiled brat.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ok, I've seen the first two episodes. All I am going to say is McGregor is solid. Everything else is a massive MEH.
Bosch's last season hired bad-ass killer chic with a Mexican accent felt forced and too much of shooed in, but Third Sistah is way over the top. The "parkour" scenes, in particular in ep2, look ridiculous. A 10 year Lela (she seems to be no older than 8) can't decide if she's a wise way beyond her years or an annoying and spoiled brat.
Will have to check that out now that its available, only reason I was keeping Disney+ around. I saw an interview with McGregor (Seth Meyers I think it was) and McGregor thought the series turned out very well....but then he does have to promote it somewhat I suppose....

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
Spoiler alert!!! Obi-Wan series ends with him becoming a strange old hermit who lives beyond the Dune Sea.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I don't care how long I'm tied up today... I will watch this evening!!!

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
I don't care how long I'm tied up today... I will watch this evening!!!
I just got my music room up and running yesterday and now I have to fight my wife to fulfill my week long plans to watch the prequels then Obi-Wan. I'm already losing... She'd rather listed to Tori Amos... :mad:

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
"Baker, baker... bake me a cake...";)

Actually, I think it's "baking a cake..." I need to go listen to some Tori as well but I'll watch Obi-Wan before doing that.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I just got my music room up and running yesterday and now I have to fight my wife to fulfill my week long plans to watch the prequels then Obi-Wan. I'm already losing... She'd rather listed to Tori Amos... :mad:
Isn't that the nice thing about two rooms? You can have her bumping Tori in the new room, and you can be watching StartWars on the main system! :D

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
Isn't that the nice thing about two rooms? You can have her bumping Tori in the new room, and you can be watching StartWars on the main system! :D
She told me yesterday that same thing but she won't let me watch anything without her so I'm still a big fat loser. I guess if I want to watch Friday the 13th part 8 again I'm in luck.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
She told me yesterday that same thing but she won't let me watch anything without her so I'm still a big fat loser. I guess if I want to watch Friday the 13th part 8 again I'm in luck.
Seems like its bargain time...
"I'll listen to Boys for Pepe or Choir Girl with you... just one, then we go watch StarWars."

Admittedly, those are my favorite Tori Albums. Those and the Cover Album... but Venus was boring AF. Gave up after that. :p

Either that, or get her stoned so she passes out. o_O :eek: Did I just type that out loud?! :oops:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well part 1 down, just starting part 2....I think meh might be an overstatement.....

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Well, part 1 was underwhelming. I’ll get my buzz on after dinner and watch part 2.:p

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I’m down for the long game. I enjoyed both episodes. While slow of pace, I think the potential is high.
Production value is much better than the other stand alone shows thus far. Mando picked up over time, but BOBF struggled.
This could be the crossover that the other shows should have been right out of the gates. Based on what I’m seeing here, I’m beginning to get excited for Andor now. ;)

On the side, I’m very glad that they aren’t trying to make every episode a crazy race to catch short attention spans.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
And you know what, Lovin'... I wasn't even buzzed last night when I watched it! :p

Though I do wish they would cut it with child actors. Young Leia was slightly better than young Annakin, but still...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
And you know what, Lovin'... I wasn't even buzzed last night when I watched it! :p

Though I do wish they would cut it with child actors. Young Leia was slightly better than young Annakin, but still...
LOL. I just think for someone who has some running scenes to run better, tho. I just have my usual complaints with most of the Star Wars stuff....it's just a weird cartoony universe in general. Plus I wish I could just binge the whole thing at once...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis