NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I'm in agreement with the others here who state you should match your center with the left and right. If you're unwilling to do that I'd return the center and then try to listen to all those on your list and pick which you like best and match the front 3.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Hello and greetings from Spain!

After much reading on forums, I purchased the monoprice 365c center speaker for my new system.

Now I'm going for the fronts. I have an open room of about 35 square meters, although the listening point is going to be 2.5 meters away.

I don't like monoprice headlamps, so I want to go to other brands.

These are my candidates.

dali opticon 2
elac dbr 62
kef q350
Polk audio LSim 703
Klipsch rp 600M

Who would be your perfect candidate as a front in cinema?

And if it wasn't any of those, which one would it be?

Thanks a lot!
Maybe try and find some video reviews on those speakers and see if one stands out for you. Do you have to have a horizontal centre speakers or can you use 3 identical speakers in the front? That can solve the issue of matching the 3 fronts. Since the KEF Q350 uses the Uni-Q driver, you can lay that one horizontally if needed. That is assuming that you can return the Monoprice centre.

If you have to keep the centre, then it gets difficult for us to recommend one brand over the other as it all depends upon your personal preferences. Is there one brand that you think looks much nicer than the others? Do you prefer a speaker that is on the brighter side of neutral (more treble) or one that is on the warmer side (softer highs). The KEFs tend to do very well with dialogue so if this is mostly for movie watching the Q350 could be a good choice. The Klipsch Rp600M has a higher sensitivity and will take less power to reach the same volume, so you may have to dial back the Klipsch to match the centre volume. The ELAC DBR62 is sometimes compared to the KEF R3 and is a solid choice.

Last edited:
Boremc

Boremc

Enthusiast
Tal vez intente encontrar algunas reseñas de video en esos oradores y vea si uno se destaca para usted. ¿Tiene que tener altavoces centrales horizontales o puede usar 3 altavoces idénticos en la parte delantera? Eso puede resolver el problema de hacer coincidir los 3 frentes. Dado que el KEF Q350 utiliza el controlador Uni-Q, puede colocarlo horizontalmente si es necesario. Eso suponiendo que pueda devolver el centro Monoprice.

Si tiene que mantener el centro, entonces se hace difícil para nosotros recomendar una marca sobre la otra, ya que todo depende de sus preferencias personales. ¿Hay una marca que creas que se ve mucho mejor que las demás? ¿Prefieres un altavoz que esté en el lado más brillante de neutro (más agudos) o uno que esté en el lado más cálido (agudos más suaves). Los KEF tienden a funcionar muy bien con el diálogo, por lo que si esto es principalmente para ver películas, el Q350 podría ser una buena opción. El Klipsch Rp600M tiene una mayor sensibilidad y tomará menos potencia para alcanzar el mismo volumen, por lo que es posible que tenga que volver a marcar el Klipsch para que coincida con el volumen central. El ELAC DBB62 a veces se compara con el KEF R3 y es una opción sólida.
[/CITA]

gracias por la explicación detallada.
No puedo devolver el monoprecio.
Prefiero los subidones suaves, no me gustan los estridentes.
Estoy entre klipsch y elac dbr62... Solo he visto críticas fantásticas de elac, pero la de audiosciencereview lo pone tan mal sobre klipsch ...
Mi escucha será de películas y series el 99% del tiempo

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Estoy entre klipsch y elac dbr62... Solo he visto críticas fantásticas de elac, pero la de audiosciencereview lo pone tan mal sobre klipsch ...
Elegiría Elac sobre Klipsch, pero como dijimos no va a coincidir con su altavoz central.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
If you prefer softer highs I would lean towards the Elac. I think the measurement graphs from Audio Science Review support that. The Klipsch has a spike in the highs above 10,000 Hz but even worse is that large drop in response at around 1,100 Hz. That is going to be bad for movie dialogue. The Elac is much more neutral especially in the important region for vocals.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis