highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Well, nursing homes are where people get moved to so they can make space in a hospital. Unless of course, you want hospitals filled to capacity to the point where they become nursing homes.
Sure, that makes sense- put highly infectious patients in a place where old, frail and sick people live. What's the worst that could happen?

How many large, open-air building are sitting, unused? USE THOSE, not places where the contagious will infect others!

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Well, nursing homes are where people get moved to so they can make space in a hospital. Unless of course, you want hospitals filled to capacity to the point where they become nursing homes.
Don't know about the situation in your part of the country at that point in time.
Here in NY, the Feds set up 4 hospitals in the New York City area, two in NYC, one on Long Island and one in Westchester plus a navy hospital ship.
The Cuomo administration decided not to use them. Granted they were intially purposed for short term care, they could have easily been repurposed for long term care. Instead they put them into the nursing homes. If you have been in nursing homes here you could have easily predicted the results.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
While I'm certainly not a Trump fan, saying 'he' is responsible for over a million deaths ??

with regards to your Fla stats and given the State for which it is, do you know of the 65k COVID deaths, what the avg age was ? my guess........over 65 !

So while you're poking at dip-wad Governors you need not look far from home........ NY State !!
You what people say then you assume things.

both Florida and Taiwan media age is around 42yo

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
You what people say then you assume things.

both Florida and Taiwan media age is around 42yo

???, so you're saying the avg age of those does from COVID in Fla is 42 ?? That is the question I asked you !

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
???, so you're saying the avg age of those does from COVID in Fla is 42 ?? That is the question I asked you !
What I am saying is among the TOTAL populations of Florida and Taiwan, the median age is very similar.
The difference in the total number of covid related deaths. Their median age is irrelevant for my point.
You can't simply assume that FL covid death toll is much higher due to the older age of residents, but both places have the same/similar median age.

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Someone else mentioned Cruz, I replied to that and it was quite a while ago. Not sure why you commented- not going to look for the original posting.
my apologies, I was looking for the source who mentioned Cruz first. it seemed like you were first to mention him. My apologies if this wasn't accurate.

Correction: @davidscott first mentioned Cruz in this thread.

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
While I'm certainly not a Trump fan, saying 'he' is responsible for over a million deaths ??

with regards to your Fla stats and given the State for which it is, do you know of the 65k COVID deaths, what the avg age was ? my guess........over 65 !

So while you're poking at dip-wad Governors you need not look far from home........ NY State !!
Ok, some corrections are needed. Total USA Covid toll is around 886k (not quite a million as I stated before)
I blame t-Rump for the vast majority of them due to his a) lack of action b) failure to follow scientific advice and worse act against it. Remove scientific advisors and sabotage covid response in any way possible to maximize enrichment of top 0.001%

What does NY have to do with anything? I long ago left that state and Cuomo is yet another ass-hole, great that he was finally removed from power.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
Don't know about the situation in your part of the country at that point in time.
Here in NY, the Feds set up 4 hospitals in the New York City area, two in NYC, one on Long Island and one in Westchester plus a navy hospital ship.
The Cuomo administration decided not to use them. Granted they were intially purposed for short term care, they could have easily been repurposed for long term care. Instead they put them into the nursing homes. If you have been in nursing homes here you could have easily predicted the results.
I do know that hospitals everywhere will move long term care patients out of hospitals into nursing homes for various reasons all the time.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
Sure, that makes sense- put highly infectious patients in a place where old, frail and sick people live. What's the worst that could happen?

How many large, open-air building are sitting, unused? USE THOSE, not places where the contagious will infect others!
It's not a matter of making sense, it's a matter of cents since that's what insurance companies will pay for.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm at the point that with 2024 I may have to run. If you want a job done right....

And I don't want to.
Those who want power deserve it the least.

You can be the complete opposite!

Those that don't want power deserve it the most? That doesn't quite work I don't think.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Trump was/is a symptom. The question is of what?
Symptom of a group that knows they're losing ground and doing everything to try to stop losing ground, but going about it in a counterintuitive way.

Really though, I think the vast majority of the country now realizes that our elected officials (most, not all) are out for themselves and we're just a tool for them to use to gain power/money.

We (the American people) mean nothing to them.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
It's not a matter of making sense, it's a matter of cents since that's what insurance companies will pay for.
It wasn't about what the insurance companies pay for since they look for every tiny reason to deny coverage- it was about the Federal money that was rolling in and being misappropriated.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
It wasn't about what the insurance companies pay for since they look for every tiny reason to deny coverage- it was about the Federal money that was rolling in and being misappropriated.
It is always about $$$. Always.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis