The freedom convoy of antivaxers here in Canada are a bunch of facist pigs.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If you are under 65 and in good health, you have .05% chance of dying. ( I will and did take that chance.). If you get the virus and survive your risk of getting the virus again and risk of a serious adverse response is like 8 times better than if you got the shot. If you have the vaccine you are marginally better off, regarding spreading the virus, but only for a few months. Bottom line, the only reason tho get the shot is to protect yourself. Given that most of the Americas have a relatively healthy population, only those at risk need to get the vaccine. If your neighbor doesn’t get the shot, it should not bother you at all.
I'm not but am. I don't know what my chances are if I get a good case of this stuff, don't want to know particularly nor take unnecessary chances. We have some dumb and young guys around here....one got it and died. Go figure. The old folks that got vaxxed generally around here have done fine. I still think its better to vax than not, period. You want to take chances, fine, then isolate yourself.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
I remember when snowflake just referred to a Canadian going to Florida for the winter....is it related to the nutty right's use? I always found it funny what white supremacists could call anyone else snowflakes (aside from the Canadian use).
Where I grew up, we used to call these migratory creatures Snowbirds...:)
I think the term refers to Snowflakes melting easy or going to emotional meltdown if their beliefs or opinions are questioned. From what I understand its not just used by the right.
Have to look into this more.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think the term refers to Snowflakes melting easy or going to emotional meltdown if their beliefs or opinions are questioned. From what I understand its not just used by the right.
LOL heard both back then snowbirds and snowflakes about the migratory habits of the northern reaches seeking warmth in winter. Nothing compares to a conservative when others don't agree.....that is a true meltdown, mostly of the brain.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I would think for the most part trucking can be easily isolative (is that a word?). Transportation in general can be, depends on your automation/buildings/environment.....otoh am not trying to keep up with mandates, I simply think everyone should get vaxxed....
I agree it would be nice to get everyone vaxxed. But I think it's clear by now the people that aren't going to just aren't going to. Your not going to get them to comply at this late stage of the game.

So how do we move forward then so people that are compliant dont have to be disrupted by the ones that don't? Our Federal government in the US seems obsessed with getting everyone vaxxed even when they are not going to clearly these people are just not going to.

Blanket mandates on certain industries that we need to run smoothly right now when based on the science they might not even need mandates based on there type of work just seems to be counterproductive.

I'm wondering if the government might need to accept that a percentage of the population will never be compliant no matter what you take away from them. So how do we change our strategy moving forward? Mandating people that not only won't comply but also in doing so it creates disruptions in certain industries that causes as much problems as the virus just seems to be a counter intuitive strategy

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I agree it would be nice to get everyone vaxxed. But I think it's clear by now the people that aren't going to just aren't going to. Your not going to get them to comply at this late stage of the game.

So how do we move forward then so people that are compliant dont have to be disrupted by the ones that don't? Our Federal government in the US seems obsessed with getting everyone vaxxed even when they are not going to clearly these people are just not going to.

Blanket mandates on certain industries that we need to run smoothly right now when based on the science they might not even need mandates based on there type of work just seems to be counterproductive.

I'm wondering if the government might need to accept that a percentage of the population will never be compliant no matter what you take away from them. So how do we change our strategy moving forward? Mandating people that not only won't comply but also in doing so it creates disruptions in certain industries that causes as much problems as the virus just seems to be a counter intuitive strategy
Well we're always held back by the lowest common denominator, aren't we? We're just not ready in so many ways for the future....and stupidity in the US is at the top of the list.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Its a term that Got pinned on the far left fringe but yeah the far right fringe can act that way too. I'm kindoff seeing it as someone being a political Karen. No matter what side your on. Some people are just wound up too tight I guess

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Well we're always held back by the lowest common denominator, aren't we? We're just not ready in so many ways for the future....and stupidity in the US is at the top of the list.
Well if you research it there's has always been a segment of the population in any outbreak throughout history at least here in the States that won't comply. In war our military has to account for a certain amount of loss percentage because it's never going to be zero. You want to get it to zero as close you can but it won't ever be there so an acceptable amount of negative outcomes has to be factored in and planned for. That might be a good thing to factor in to our policy making moving forward on this situation as well.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well if you research it there's has always been a segment of the population in any outbreak throughout history at least here in the States that won't comply. In war our military has to account for a certain amount of loss percentage because it's never going to be zero. You want to get it to zero as close you can but it won't ever be there so an acceptable amount of negative outcomes has to be factored in and planned for. That might be a good thing to factor in to our policy making moving forward on this situation as well.
It's been a continuous problem in some respects, yes....education always has been.

L

Lazasar

Junior Audioholic
I'm not but am. I don't know what my chances are if I get a good case of this stuff, don't want to know particularly nor take unnecessary chances. We have some dumb and young guys around here....one got it and died. Go figure. The old folks that got vaxxed generally around here have done fine. I still think its better to vax than not, period. You want to take chances, fine, then isolate yourself.
Why would I isolate myself? What you or I “think” is not really the issue. We have statistics and studies that show that only the at risk should vaccinate. I don’t think many people would sign up for a never ending series of vaccines if they understood their risk of death was less than .05%. But, as I said, what I think matters little. However, I am certain the government does not have the right to determine for me what risks I can and cannot take. The Supreme Court agrees.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Why would I isolate myself? What you or I “think” is not really the issue. We have statistics and studies that show that only the at risk should vaccinate. I don’t think many people would sign up for a never ending series of vaccines if they understood their risk of death was less than .05%. But, as I said, what I think matters little. However, I am certain the government does not have the right to determine for me what risks I can and cannot take. The Supreme Court agrees.
Because its the greater good route. I don't care what you think particularly, am thinking of the general picture, not your perception of rights or convenience or political opinion.....

L

Lazasar

Junior Audioholic
Because its the greater good route. I don't care what you think particularly, am thinking of the general picture, not your perception of rights or convenience or political opinion.....
I am too am not concerned with politics. The greater good is for those that are not at risk to earn natural immunity because it is better for society. The data show that I am no greater risk than you of spreading the virus. What good does society get from me gettin a vaccine?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I am too am not concerned with politics. The greater good is for those that are not at risk to earn natural immunity because it is better for society. The data show that I am no greater risk than you of spreading the virus. What good does society get from me gettin a vaccine?
No, I don't think the stats particularly support your view. Sure, at the younger/healthier end your risks are seemingly lowered in many cases, but who is to say what that limit of expected protection is particularly? Going by the usual anti-vax nonsense I'd simply assume that's the stupid route.

L

Lazasar

Junior Audioholic
No, I don't think the stats particularly support your view. Sure, at the younger/healthier end your risks are seemingly lowered in many cases, but who is to say what that limit of expected protection is particularly? Going by the usual anti-vax nonsense I'd simply assume that's the stupid route.
To answer your question, the statistics and test say what the limit of protection is. You call the truckers fascists yet you support the government forcing an unnecessary vax on the population? Seems like the truckers are not the fascists from where I sit. I do appreciate the dialogue, but I think I will end it here as facts do not seem to alter your view and in any he end, we are in this forum for audio/visual topics and I’m thinking this is completely unrelated to the forum that we are on.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
To answer your question, the statistics and test say what the limit of protection is. You call the truckers fascists yet you support the government forcing an unnecessary vax on the population? Seems like the truckers are not the fascists from where I sit. I do appreciate the dialogue, but I think I will end it here as facts do not seem to alter your view and in any he end, we are in this forum for audio/visual topics and I’m thinking this is completely unrelated to the forum that we are on.
I did not call the truckers fascist you idiot. What kind of crap is that? You seem to be just full of poop....

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Agree with your comment on compliance. I disagree with earlier the lowest common denominator comment. It's disrespectful to many in NYC as well as other large cities. Maybe some are not aware of some urban centric information.

As reported today, the vaccination rate is now 75% and that's progress in NYC. What about the other 25% or 2,000,000 people? They are not "white rednecks". They are in the immigrant communities that have arrived both recently and in the recent past. The recent ones are not vaxx'd at the border when they come in and most are not seeking the vaxxs when they get to NY. Their vaxx rates are reported to be less than 3/5's that of whites. Wide swaths of areas in the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn and even Staten Islands have high death rates and low vacc rates. If you question them, they have a great distrust of government in the US. They import that attitude to gov't from their home countries from where they are escaping abuses.

In the black communities, the anti-vaxx will mention the Tuskegee Experiments as well as thousands of other abuses that they have borne over the last 400 years by the gov't. It's also extremely difficult to gain the trust of them now because of 50 years of broken promises by local politicians to improve the conditions in their communities, be it crime, lack of commerce, lack of police resources, a shambles of an education system...the list goes on. The politicians show up every 2 years for votes and disappear.

Somehow we have to get through to them. Things are more complex than we expect.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Remember the black demonstrations against police injustice you had where it got particular violent and it was found out later that a bunch of aholes who had nothing to do with demonstration joined it just to cause mayhem and damage to property? The same thing happened here where the dregs who had nothing to do with the cause joined in just to cause mayhem and disrespect. Although, I may not agree with the truckers, I dont think they wanted this reprehensible light shone on them.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No need to get your panties in a wad. It was an honest mistake. I was thinking you started the thread. My sincere apologies for the mistake.
Meh. Your comprehension in a lot of ways is questionable.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis