William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
So do Opium poppies and nightshade. What's yer point?
My point was. How can it be bad when it grows from the ground. It has many benefits, therapeutic and medical. It’s also fun! How about textiles? There’s so much it can do there too.
That it’s still listed as a schedule one drug is ludicrous. That makes it higher on the list than cocaine! Wtf?
I don’t know that much about poppies other than you could eat enough to make yourself sick, and never catch a buzz. IOW they have to be processed a lot to get the desired result unlike MJ which can be used straight off the plant.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
My point was. How can it be bad when it grows from the ground. It has many benefits, therapeutic and medical. It’s also fun! How about textiles? There’s so much it can do there too.
That it’s still listed as a schedule one drug is ludicrous. That makes it higher on the list than cocaine! Wtf?
I don’t know that much about poppies other than you could eat enough to make yourself sick, and never catch a buzz. IOW they have to be processed a lot to get the desired result unlike MJ which can be used straight off the plant.
Heroin, Morphine and Opium come from Opium poppies. Only those will yield these drugs- the red/orange/yellow ones are harmless.

Every natural toxin we know of grows in the ground- Why are you justifying this with "It's natural, so it MUST be good"?. Lots of natural shyte will kill us. Also, some people definitely should not use pot. Anyone who has worked or spent a lot of time in shopping malls knows what 'mall rats' are- kids who spend their days in malls, wasted. If you have ever talked to any of them, you know they're like someone from a Cheech & Chong movie.

Textiles, edible seeds and oil are from hemp, MJ comes from different strains.

Apparently, you haven't tried the new pot- it makes the best of the best from the past seem like ditch weed, even though that old stuff cost $4K/pound.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Heroin, Morphine and Opium come from Opium poppies. Only those will yield these drugs- the red/orange/yellow ones are harmless.

Every natural toxin we know of grows in the ground- Why are you justifying this with "It's natural, so it MUST be good"?. Lots of natural shyte will kill us. Also, some people definitely should not use pot. Anyone who has worked or spent a lot of time in shopping malls knows what 'mall rats' are- kids who spend their days in malls, wasted. If you have ever talked to any of them, you know they're like someone from a Cheech & Chong movie.

Textiles, edible seeds and oil are from hemp, MJ comes from different strains.

Apparently, you haven't tried the new pot- it makes the best of the best from the past seem like ditch weed, even though that old stuff cost $4K/pound.
Well my original statement was a little tongue in cheek. I mean there IS lava!!! But more so that it’s not man made, and ultimately more vile.

This is a topic for a different thread so as not to derail this one further I’ll leave this alone.
But yeah. I’ve seen mall rats as you describe. They’re probably huffing paint too!!! Conversely I know some MJ users that you’d have no idea about.

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I've heard overdosage but don't know the variables. Why has India had success? Didn't report the side effects? In America, ODing with the horse version? Just asking. I mean that was kinda the point of the previous post. Let the smart people debunk it. Is it a matter of syntheses? Does the zinc and can't remember D3 (?) play a role with ivermectin?
There are many possible factors for why that one state in India has had success. They sent out teams to test people and tell them to isolate if they tested positive. This is probably the biggest part of how they cut down their infection rates. If you test people and have them isolate before they're symptomatic that is going to cut down on the amount of virus being spread quite substantially.

highfigh

highfigh

This is a topic for a different thread so as not to derail this one further I’ll leave this alone.
But yeah. I’ve seen mall rats as you describe. They’re probably huffing paint too!!! Conversely I know some MJ users that you’d have no idea about.
WRT the latter- I know many who can function perfectly well that way but not everyone.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
WRT the latter- I know many who can function perfectly well that way but not everyone.
It can be the same way with alcohol. Some can function well after a few drinks, others get legless after 2. Or the same person will be a different type of drunk if they drink bourbon vs. tequila. Mellow vs. aggressive. Depends on the individual I guess.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
… I had read that somewhere, think NY, that Paxlovid taken with a drug called ritonavir? was going to be deployed.
Paxlovid is the commercial name of the combination of 2 anti-viral drugs, ritonavir and nirmatrelvir. It was recently granted emergency use authorization for treating Covid-19 patients. Nirmatrelvir was recently developed by Pfizer as an anti-coronavirus drug.
Ritonavir was first developed during the 1990s as an anti-viral drug used for HIV/AIDS.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
The use of Paxlovid is accompanied by a risk of toxicities in patients. It depends highly on what other medications patients take. Despite that risk, Paxlovid was given tentative approval (the so-called emergency use authorization, or EUA) because of it's activity against Covid-19.

This was previously discussed, in more detail, on this forum back in December:

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Is "off-label" to mean generic?
Off-label and generic are two different terms. They are not related.

When a drug is approved for use by the FDA, based on successful large-scale clinical trials, it is approved only for the use specified in the clinical trial. The FDA requires that the use be printed on the drug container label, and that the use be spelled out in detail on the printed package insert. That's the 'on-label' use. Under US law, the manufacturer of the drug cannot advertise or promote any use of the drug other than on-label uses. However, physicians are free to prescribe a drug for other 'off-label' uses. For a drug like ivermectin, using it to treat Covid-19 is off-label, because it hasn't been tested through a large-scale clinical trial. Just because a physician is free to prescribe off-label use of a drug doesn't make him or her free from medical malpractice lawsuits.

I should add that medical insurance companies will probably not pay for off-label use of expensive drugs. However, ivermectin is generic (see below) and cheap, and it gets complicated because ivermectin has been approved for human use only to treat parasitic worms.

If a new drug is patented by the manufacturer, as most are, they are protected against competitors selling a copy of the drug for 16 years. (Is this still 16 years, or has patent protection been extended?) After the patent expires, competitors are free to sell copies of the drug – the 'generic' form of the drug.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
my 91 year old uncle, 42 year old son and 10 year old grandson all have COVID. All doing fine and are firmly on the 'upside'. ALL properly vaccinated ..........

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Have you seen anything like the points and attributions in this link?
I read this paper. Here's the full text:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7251046/pdf/210_2020_Article_1902.pdf
It was submitted in April 2020, and accepted for publication a month later in May. In Covid-19 pandemic years, that's ancient history.

Since it was proposed, there has been nothing in the way of chemical or biological lab analyses to support this idea. Not much more to say about it other than it's little more than computer-aided speculation on a possible chemical mechanism. To put it gently, until there is some real research to support this idea, it's computer-aided molecular masturbation.

The author, Emanuele Rizzo, is from the Department of Prevention, Local Health Authority of Lecce, Lecce, Italy. It appears that this might be similar to a department of health in a small city in the USA. I have to wonder if the author has a lab that would allow any further research on his idea.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
my 91 year old uncle, 42 year old son and 10 year old grandson all have COVID. All doing fine and are firmly on the 'upside'. ALL properly vaccinated ..........
By any chance, are they in Buffalo? I know you're a Bills fan. And were they at that cold game last night in that open and unheated stadium? The TV announcers said it was 5° and it was clearly windy. All those Bills fans didn't seem to mind the cold, they stayed there to the very end, enjoying the beat-down of the Pats.

I hope they all recover.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
This is quackery (if prescribed for COVID) and I would not like to be treated by such a medical doctor, and is just as bad as homeopathy.
Agree people taking a drug that is used for parasites in cows, horses or a dogs body that can be seen.,.

highfigh

highfigh

Agree people taking a drug that is used for parasites in cows, horses or a dogs body that can be seen.,.
Yeah, don't bother reading about the other uses. OK? Not saying it works for this, but it has other applications.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
By any chance, are they in Buffalo? I know you're a Bills fan. And were they at that cold game last night in that open and unheated stadium? The TV announcers said it was 5° and it was clearly windy. All those Bills fans didn't seem to mind the cold, they stayed there to the very end, enjoying the beat-down of the Pats.

I hope they all recover.
Richard, you gave me a good chuckle....... yes my uncle lives in Bflo, but @ 91 his days of going to Bills games are behind him. He resides in a nursing home and COVID is spreading like wildfire. He came down with it last week but when I talked with him today doing much better and no fever.

As for son, he's in Colorado, felt yucky for a couple three days early last week but all good now. My grandson just so-so last week but he too feeling much better. Again, thankfully all vaccinated which I'm sure minimized their sickness.

My uncle is amazing, as he said to me in conversation today, "this was nothing compared to Korea" !

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
And the good news is - covid death rates are dropping daily. Let's hope the hospitalizations follow. I hate to say it, but milder more transmissible form of this virus might be just what we need.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, don't bother reading about the other uses. OK? Not saying it works for this, but it has other applications.
Yeah, it is strange that folks will follow the media narrative on IVM, whatever that may be. Thought this was interesting from the NIH website:

highfigh

highfigh

And the good news is - covid death rates are dropping daily. Let's hope the hospitalizations follow. I hate to say it, but milder more transmissible form of this virus might be just what we need.
Wisconsin had over 19K cases a couple of days ago- by far, the most. Still, deaths are not keeping up and the overall number of deaths is less than 1%.

While I'll be very happy when/if this ends, I still wonder "What's next?".

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Maybe they will be rewarded........

in the afterlife. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis