mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks. I have some N95 masks and the 3 ply masks. I do take this thing seriously and always wear a mask indoors when shopping. I have had 2 Moderna shots with a booster and so far, so good. It is amazing to me that still when I go shopping the at least half the people aren't wearing masks even though all the employees are.
Good thing we only have a Herman Cain post for the well known ..... otherwise we wouldn't have enough pages to list all the unknown ....

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Unfortunately, not here in the US. In fact, here in Florida maybe half the people in a store are wearing masks. The good news is we have one of the highest vax rates in the country, but I bet most of the non-maskers are also non vaxers. So, the good news is everybody will either catch covid or be vaxed. Herd immunity might be closer than we think.
Well, that may need to be in the high 90s. ;)

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Unfortunately, not here in the US. In fact, here in Florida maybe half the people in a store are wearing masks. The good news is we have one of the highest vax rates in the country, but I bet most of the non-maskers are also non vaxers. So, the good news is everybody will either catch covid or be vaxed. Herd immunity might be closer than we think.
Unfortunately, the non-vaxers represent at least 50% of the hospitalized people and over 50% of those in ICU's. They also cause holding of non urgent surgeries, as well as some for cancer and heart problems. In our Quebec province, that is what's happening as about 90% of the population has received at least one vaccine dose, and close to that percentage have got two. Fortunately, most people over 70 got their third shot.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Some Pan/Epi/En-Demic levity to brighten your day! :D

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Yes, it is nuts and would NOT work. I highly doubt there is any cross immunity with common cold viruses and Covid -19. As the receptor binding domain (RBD) of the viral spike (S) protein is poorly conserved between SARS-CoVs and other pathogenic human coronaviruses.

I hope the Oxford group are correct, in that the Covid-19 is a pretty easy target for their vaccine. If you can induce immunity to the S-spike antigen you will have immunity.

So these reports in the press of any immunity from common cold corona viruses are BS in my view. And remember most common colds are caused by rhinoviruses.
Well, there are T cells from prior infections with human coronaviruses that cause the common cold:

>>>T Cells From Common Colds Cross-Protect Against Infection With SARS-CoV-2

People with higher levels of T cells from common cold coronaviruses are less likely to become infected with SARS-CoV-2.

A new study, published in Nature Communications and led by Imperial College London researchers, provides the first evidence of a protective role for these T cells. While previous studies have shown that T cells induced by other coronaviruses can recognise SARS-CoV-2, the new study examines for the first time how the presence of these T cells at the time of SARS-CoV-2 exposure influences whether someone becomes infected. . . .

Dr Rhia Kundu, first author of the study, from Imperial’s National Heart & Lung Institute, says: “Being exposed to the SARS-CoV-2 virus doesn’t always result in infection, and we’ve been keen to understand why. We found that high levels of pre-existing T cells, created by the body when infected with other human coronaviruses like the common cold, can protect against COVID-19 infection.<<<

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
US deaths up a bit yesterday but nowhere near last winter's numbers. Maybe we are getting a little closer.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I am on your team with this one.

We have spent more time at home these last few years then ever before. As far as I'm concerned the biggest positive from this ghastly crisis, has been that the arts, and especially the musical arts, have moved on line in a big way. I have enjoyed more live music and special innovative productions by numerous artists over these last two years than I ever could have managed I would.

I just feel really blessed that I have been able to enjoy such wonderful and eclectic offerings during this time, in this fabulous room.
I worked more hours than ever before last year, due to use being short handed and in the stage of a contract where lab services are requested pretty much daily.

Plus my oldest moved back in last July... with a 3yo and 1yo in tow. They just spent the first night in her new apartment last week. I had wagered that she wouldn't last 5 years living with the asshole who knocked her up, and she blew away my expectations. Only made it 3. At least she has her own place now, but ugh it was a bit much at times. I volunteered to work every chance I got, just to not be at home.

I had little joy at home last year, only bedlam. I rarely got to enjoy my system because there were too many people in the house. And the quality of movies has diminished tremendously as of late, which I can understand because Hollywood is afraid of poor returns so they're not putting a lot of budget into most films. The few movies we went to see last year ranged from "meh" to "OK," and the Amazon/Netflix original films are mostly mediocre. They definitely do TV series better than they do movies.

All that to say, I'm having a hard time being entertained. :\

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Laura Ingraham on Fox is now claiming the vaccinated people are more likely to catch it some months after they have been vaccinated than non vaxers.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Maybe eat your crap too, to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I did finally get the Pfizer booster (along with the flu shot) this last weekend. Sore shoulder again from the poke but a lot of fatigue. I think the shot combined with the overnight shifts put me out for two days. Anyone else experience fatigue on a normal sleeping schedule?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I did finally get the Pfizer booster (along with the flu shot) this last weekend. Sore shoulder again from the poke but a lot of fatigue. I think the shot combined with the overnight shifts put me out for two days. Anyone else experience fatigue on a normal sleeping schedule?
Man I got everything you can think of under the sun. But yeah I got fatigue as well. There are a small number that got a really rough reaction to this and I'm lucky enough to be in that category yay me

But most people won't get that many side effects at all a sore arm and feeling really tired like you is what most people get. My parents had like zero side effects and I'm all laid out for 3 days so people react to it differently

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Wife got her booster (Pfizer) the Wednesday before Christmas. Was laid up with fatigue, dizziness, fever and swollen lymph nodes Thursday afternoon/evening through Christmas day. Back to herself by the time we headed home from my brother's house on Sunday. I figure either she had a reaction to the booster or she is simply allergic to my family...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis