San Francisco, getting more stupid by the day ..........

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL you crack me up. Just stay in the Pennsylvania boonies if it scares ya....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
We have a coupla locals that like to use their carry privileges in restaurants and nothing is creepier when I'm in at the same time, and now that you bring it up, have never seen a fully suited up policeman in our restaurants, then we hardly have any of either. Police I have no particular issue with, but I don't own the business either....

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Open carry in Arizona was an eye opener for me :) Nothing like being at the grocery store and having a couple walking around in full display. Going there knowing this was possible was one thing, but it being the first thing I encountered was still a surprise.

While a company can have a "policy" or a "preference", they legally have no right to ask or enforce asking them to leave.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
While a company can have a "policy" or a "preference", they legally have no right to ask or enforce asking them to leave.
So no shirt no shoes no service is meaningless? Good to know, think I'll go disgust some people one of these days just to test that with the appropriate shorts on :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
technicalities man. They can ask you to leave, but if you don't they can't enforce it. As for no shoes, no shirt, they don't have to serve you, but they can't make you leave.

There are a ton of good lunch spots near downtown here, where the jail and police station is. We eat alongside officers all the time.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
technicalities man. They can ask you to leave, but if you don't they can't enforce it. As for no shoes, no shirt, they don't have to serve you, but they can't make you leave.

There are a ton of good lunch spots near downtown here, where the jail and police station is. We eat alongside officers all the time.
That is NOT the point !!!! No where in my neck of the woods would this BS ever happen !!!

I truly hope that the owner douche bag of that restaurant needs the Police some day and they don't respond, it would serve her dumb ass well !!!

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
LOL, you crack me up, a true left coast libtard !
Lol, they asked for, safe City for illegals. Well if that restaurant happens to get robbed someone gets shot in it God forbid. Bet their law enforcement officers might take their good old time getting there.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Listen it's just like in colleges these days guys. They simply needed there safe space let's all just try and respect that. LMFAO :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
LOL, you crack me up, a true left coast libtard !
That's not fair bro haven't you heard? Seth Rogan has had his car broken into like 16 times. It's no big deal man. Listen be grateful sometimes they even leave you stuff I mean Seth got a knife! ;)

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
In the city where I'm at, Waffle House restaurant 24/7 open, sheriff deputy City police come in there all the time. In bunches at times. Other's regular citizens carry side arms holster. Not many shootings here. Umm maybe 6 a year all drug deal related.

jinjuku

jinjuku

They can ask you to leave, but if you don't they can't enforce it. As for no shoes, no shirt, they don't have to serve you, but they can't make you leave.
Any privately owned business can indeed ask you to leave and trespass you. No reason needed.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Any privately owned business can indeed ask you to leave and trespass you. No reason needed.
For any reason? I know your right I'm just curious and wondering are there any exceptions?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Here in Louisiana, most privately owned businesses display a sign saying, "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone". Anyone for any reason. And they don't have to give an explanation. That happened to me only one time in my life, at a Popeye's fried chicken, Walked in the staff was all African-American. Waited, waited, waited some more. They where taking orders from other customers that had walked in well after me. So I said, I know I'm not Casper the ghost even though I'm white I know you can see me standing here. That's when the young person of the other color of persuasion, said we don't serve your kind here. Yes reverse racism is alive and well in the United States. This was last year, as I was leaving I took a photo of her with her name tag. Got home jumped on the internet, shot a email to Popeyes corporate detailing what happened alone with the photo of that very nice lady. Well there are cameras in there, long story short she was fired.

jinjuku

jinjuku

For any reason? I know your right I'm just curious and wondering are there any exceptions?
No exceptions. This is just like your house: They can rescind the welcome mat any time they want. They just can't do it based on a protected class reason.

They don't need to give a reason other than they want you off property which takes care of the protected class issues.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
The law is clear--A private business can choose their clients, as long as the choice is not based on discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, age, or sexual orientation. (There may be a few other categories that I missed, but the point is, no discrimination based on human or civil rights).

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Here in Louisiana, most privately owned businesses display a sign saying, "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone". Anyone for any reason. And they don't have to give an explanation. That happened to me only one time in my life, at a Popeye's fried chicken, Walked in the staff was all African-American. Waited, waited, waited some more. They where taking orders from other customers that had walked in well after me. So I said, I know I'm not Casper the ghost even though I'm white I know you can see me standing here. That's when the young person of the other color of persuasion, said we don't serve your kind here. Yes reverse racism is alive and well in the United States. This was last year, as I was leaving I took a photo of her with her name tag. Got home jumped on the internet, shot a email to Popeyes corporate detailing what happened alone with the photo of that very nice lady. Well there are cameras in there, long story short she was fired.
Maybe you should have left the white hood in the car.

That was a joke, BTW.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

If the officers are asked to leave and they don't, what are the employees gonna do, call the police?

Or maybe, the officers could have prevented a problem if someone decides to do something stupid....

I can't think of a single incident where a cop opened fire in a restaurant. Maybe people should stop assuming all cops are bad cops.

WRT 'No shoes, no shirt...", they can if they post 'No Loitering'.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
So no shirt no shoes no service is meaningless? Good to know, think I'll go disgust some people one of these days just to test that with the appropriate shorts on :)
Hot pants? Make sure that whatever you wear is unfeasibly tight.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis