Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Almost had my house collapsed after having installed my second sub. Thank god there are small ones and I haven’t purchased SVS-PB2000 !

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Just a devil's advocate voice. Are there any women tech-enthusiasts on this thread? If not, why?

Falstaff

Falstaff

Audioholic Intern
My fan arrived today. Very nice indeed. I don’t really think this AVR runs particularly hot, but the fan allows me to snug my shelf closer to give my turntable so extra space and keep any warm air rising through the back of the cabinet and into the intakes of my projector.

It‘s hard to take photos of the A8A. Damn things too glossy.

Attachments

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My fan arrived today. Very nice indeed. I don’t really think this AVR runs particularly hot, but the fan allows me to snug my shelf closer to give my turntable so extra space and keep any warm air rising through the back of the cabinet and into the intakes of my projector.

It‘s hard to take photos of the A8A. Damn things too glossy.
Whats the make and model of that fan. Is it quiet?

Falstaff

Falstaff

Audioholic Intern
Whats the make and model of that fan. Is it quiet?
It’s an AC Infinity Aircom T10, and yes, it’s quiet. Quieter than my projector. It’s a front exhaust, but they make top and rear exhausts, too. Depending on the model, they can carry up to 30lbs, so you can stack components on top of it.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I am on the edge to cry. I have an organ in my house
I hope it's not a pipe organ with a folded 16 foot pipe stop. Then maybe you should not use it and sell it as it could also collapse your house faster.

It reminds me of a neurosurgeon who had a pipe organ in his basement. After a few drinks and with one or several guests, he would often play it loud enough as to break the window glasses. He had replacement glass panels handy when needed. :D

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
I hope it's not a pipe organ with a folded 16 foot pipe stop. Then maybe you should not use it and sell it as it could also collapse your house faster.

It reminds me of a neurosurgeon who had a pipe organ in his basement. After a few drinks and with one or several guests, he would often play it loud enough as to break the window glasses. He had replacement glass panels handy when needed. :D
Interstellar Theme (STAY) with its oppressive bass line is a very good way to check if your subs are working :cool:

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Interstellar Theme (STAY) with its oppressive bass line is a very good way to check if your subs are working :cool:
I don't need film soundtracks for testing my subs. I have plenty of pipe organ CDs and SACDs with a few with frequencies reproducing the 32 foot pipe stop nearing 16 Hz as the fundamental frequency.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
I don't need film soundtracks for testing my subs. I have plenty of pipe organ CDs and SACDs with a few with frequencies reproducing the 32 foot pipe stop nearing 16 Hz.
Excellent! My subs won’t go below 27hz if I remember correctly. And it’s already impressive. I can only imagine what it would sound like with a full range organ capable system. Should look for good cds now :)

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Another finding about Hdmi output
AppleTV -> AVR -> Hdmi1 output -> TV : when I switch the AppleTV on/off, the AVR and the TV switches on/off
AppleTV -> AVR -> Hdmi2 output -> TV : when I switch the AppleTV on/off, the AVR switches on/off but not the TV
I just got the new firestick 4k max. My goal with it is to use it on all 3 hdmi out zones. So one for my main zone (basement), living room and bedroom. I was lucky to put hdmi cables through the walls while the house was being built. When I use the fire tv app remote it turns my tv on in the basement. I had to go into the firetv and turn off hdmi CEC. Then it doesn't turn on my tv.

Maybe AppleTV has same stuff in it.

Also owning an LG OLED, if I am playing music I don't always want the tv on, to prevent burn in, when playing music. So sometimes the hdmi control is annoying

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Almost had my house collapsed after having installed my second sub. Thank god there are small ones and I haven’t purchased SVS-PB2000 !
Yeah my whole house literally shakes and vibrates with my two spl 12 klipsch subs. It's so smooth you don't realize how hard they are hitting until you go upstairs and feel the floor shake

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
It’s an AC Infinity Aircom T10, and yes, it’s quiet. Quieter than my projector. It’s a front exhaust, but they make top and rear exhausts, too. Depending on the model, they can carry up to 30lbs, so you can stack components on top of it.
I think your model will say how hot the unit is running. I have about 3-4 inches of space in my cabinet. I was thinking of getting that exact model but it's not too hot but what do I know

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
I live in Florida and this time of year there are tons of Canadians down for the winter.
I moved from south France to Québec so I was aware about what to expect. I love winter, in France I had to drive five hours to go in the Alpes to ski. Here I can go sky after work. That's just amazing. Snowing here...

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Also owning an LG OLED, if I am playing music I don't always want the tv on, to prevent burn in, when playing music. So sometimes the hdmi control is annoying
You can turn on screen saver on TV, which will not affect HDMi pipeline and CEC. The TV will be on and using electricity (you can additionally set timer for eco mode too), but the display will black out, so no burn in.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
I just got the new firestick 4k max. My goal with it is to use it on all 3 hdmi out zones. So one for my main zone (basement), living room and bedroom. I was lucky to put hdmi cables through the walls while the house was being built. When I use the fire tv app remote it turns my tv on in the basement. I had to go into the firetv and turn off hdmi CEC. Then it doesn't turn on my tv.

Maybe AppleTV has same stuff in it.

Just for information, you won't be able to use hdmi 2.1 features with your in wall hdmi wiring (unless it's a very expensive 48gbps optical extender). I had a hard time plugging my PC to my TV in order to get 4K 120Hz VRR HDR all together. It took me a FiverCommand optical cable to get this working (100 feet long). But it's really cool that you have pre wired with dmi cables.I wish my house have being prepared for home cinema (it wasn't at all, my living room was a pool room before).

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I moved from south France to Québec so I was aware about what to expect. I love winter, in France I had to drive five hours to go in the Alpes to ski. Here I can go sky after work. That's just amazing. Snowing here...
Bonjour Pierre!! :D;) Plus you got all them snow bunnies that like hanging out at them ski resorts. :D:oops:

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
You can turn on screen saver on TV, which will not affect HDMi pipeline and CEC. The TV will be on and using electricity (you can additionally set timer for eco mode too), but the display will black out, so no burn in.
Yeah I know the tv will go into screen saver mode automatically but if the song changes then it wont

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis