Ok, this surprised me, JBL 520C [emoji44]

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
One solution to not needing to re-run Audyssey---quit changing gear :) What a first world problem, eh? The test tones aren't fun to listen to, but just to expedite I just go thru each as quickly as possible (and a mic boom definitely makes that a lot easier IMO). Good luck, curious how the 520 works out for ya. Still using mine, but not with the rest of the JBLs.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Yeah I need to buy one of those soon. Do all with the same, you need one that you can screw on to the Audyssey mic.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Mine threads on the bottom of the boom stand I would assume they are all the same thread size it’s so much easier to just swing the are over or extend it out for the other positions. I did have to rig an adapter for the calibration mic for the RTA program I use with my iPad but that wasn’t to hard to do .

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
That was the THE most frustrating time running Audyssey through the dam app. The F-ing Roku shut the TV off at step 7 and that shut off the text. F-ed up that entire thing. Then I tried to restart it all and the app couldn't connect to the X3400H. That took 10 minutes to resolve! Then I finally ran it and it's done and sent. Hey how do you erase the old ones that I did? I have 3 I'll never use that I can't find a way to erase.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
That was the THE most frustrating time running Audyssey through the dam app. The F-ing Roku shut the TV off at step 7 and that shut off the text. F-ed up that entire thing. Then I tried to restart it all and the app couldn't connect to the X3400H. That took 10 minutes to resolve! Then I finally ran it and it's done and sent. Hey how do you erase the old ones that I did? I have 3 I'll never use that I can't find a way to erase.

Howed the numbers work out on the calibration?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Howed the numbers work out on the calibration?
The center was set at +1.5. I just turned on Jason Bourne which is the movie I watched last night with absolutely no issues hearing dialog.
I'll have to do some critical listening here.
What do you think of Audyssey setting the center at +1.5?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The center was set at +1.5. I just turned on Jason Bourne which is the movie I watched last night with absolutely no issues hearing dialog.

Did it also set the 125 +1.5 or close? That's what I'm curious about. It's almost definitely eq'd differently but the levels should be the same or very close.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Oh no sorry, it at the center, 520C at +1 not +1.5.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Did it also set the 125 +1.5 or close? That's what I'm curious about. It's almost definitely eq'd differently but the levels should be the same or very close.
It set the A125C at -1. Sorry the 520C was set at +1 not +1.5

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It set the A125C at -1. Sorry the 520C was set at +1 not +1.5

So -1 for the 125 and +1 for the 520? That's not too far off. I s'pose a difference in what gets boosted or cut for eq'ing can account for that, but it does indicate the 125 may be slightly more sensitive.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General

I don’t have Audyssey but with Yapo on my Yamaha that sounds a lot better to me how did it set your mains in comparison. A lot of guys run the center a little hot it depends I’d say on the rest of the run . On some centers I’ve had I’d run them a db or mabey two above the calibration run . Or use dialogue lift in the submenu to raise it . I’ve not had to do that with my new one so far . I’d not be afraid to run yours at 2 or 2.5 depends of what you here .

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I don’t have Audyssey but with Yapo on my Yamaha that sounds a lot better to me how did it set your mains in comparison. A lot of guys run the center a little hot it depends I’d say on the rest of the run . On some centers I’ve had I’d run them a db or mabey two above the calibration run . Or use dialogue lift in the submenu to raise it . I’ve not had to do that with my new one so far . I’d not be afraid to run yours at 2 or 2.5 depends of what you here .
It set the mains, 570s at +1.5 and the SM55 surrounds -2.5 which seems right.
It sounds fine at the moment, no dialog issues so far.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sensitivity specs aren't all uniform either. Hard to know what a particular level for a particular speaker means in your room but think the 570s are slightly more sensitive than the 520 so makes some sense to perhaps need a slightly higher level than the 570s but depends on distances and speaker placement as well.....

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
What’s the power ratings on the 520c ? Those compression drivers will take a lot of power too . I’ve found with my new one it’s just a cleaner sound all the way around with vocals, dialogue in movies etc . It can throw off what you think you here as they are very clean sounding and at first it sounded lower in volume at times when it just needed power . If that makes any sense to you . It should play very cleanly at volume .

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

Awesome!

I know running Audyssey is a pain, but any time you replace speakers, or even move them around you really should run it again. Glad you got it sorted tho! I like threads with good outcomes, lol.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
The power rating is I think up to 150.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General

That looks a lot better to me and I can see the sm55 being lower or higher really like @lovinthehd says . It’s a funny game you can take the same system and put it in 3 different rooms and some levels will be close and some are way different I’d try it with what you have now give it a day or two for your ears to adjust see what ya think .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I know Yapo sets my rears at + 2.5 db but in real listening at movies at regular levels they are not herd at times so I raise them up a 1.5 db more as they are high up but 10 feet away I get a better surround mix that way I’ve found that high back theater seats block some of the sound so I Jack the levels up to compensate for it .

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
So you guys think when I used the SPL meter to set the center at +6 it was just because of Audyssey was used to set the A125C? I'm gonna check the levels in a bit with my SPL meter. Set A weight, slow and 70 db, then plus 5 over 70db correct? 75 db is the target right?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis