Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
just a QQ - who else is waiting for their receiver after they have placed the preorder? i have been waiting 3+ months and still no ETA as of today after my chat with the rep.

Any others have luck out there? I Ordered on August 10, 2021 ..
I had the A8 pre-ordered since Sept. and then last Saturday I noticed a Best Buy an hour from my house had an A6 in stock. So I cancelled my pre order and bought the A6 online and had it 2 hours later in my car.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Are those the Reserve series Polk speakers? How are you liking them?
@CajunLB Yo! Where you been brother! Hope your doing good bro. Anyways nope, I went with Polk's Signature Series S60's, S30 for center and S15's for surrounds. I put up two high as I could for Atmos. Sure they not high end, but I'm really liking them. I was gonna get the reserve line Andrew had gotten me a really good deal on them. I had to back out cause ended up buying my son's truck that set me back 3K.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I had the A8 pre-ordered since Sept. and then last Saturday I noticed a Best Buy an hour from my house had an A6 in stock. So I cancelled my pre order and bought the A6 online and had it 2 hours later in my car.
For some reason BestBuy seems to be getting the new line where other's aren't. Also find a good Dealer, my audio Dealer has access to 14 distributors that Yamaha has all over the country. Anyone looking for Denon, Marantz or Yamaha I highly recommend @AcuDefTechGuy.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I have some DTS 5.1 Discs that are encoded for a Rear Center, rather than Front Center. I do not find that the upmixer parsing that signal to the Rear Surrounds is detrimental to my enjoyment. And while I would love to experiment with a Rear Center, it is definitely a Speaker Position that is largely being [has been] phased out.
Thats what I said.

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
I haven't been able to get tv audio to earc to the A8A. I just figured it out. If surround AI is on no audio comes through. So make sure surround AI is off and use straight or surround decode. Happy it works now!!!

On my old receiver I loved when I could see on the actual unit what the audio format was playing. So it would show dts-HD or Atmos, etc. Anyone know how to change what the display on the receiver can show? If I have straight set then that's all it shows. Here's a pic with what my display shows.

Also when playing tv apps and playing the sound to the receiver via earc I can't go into the settings menu to see the info of the source and then output.

Does musiccast app show info like that?

Attachments

M

mhat

Enthusiast
Seriously disappointed 53 pages in and no update from Gene? I get he's busy, but come on...

M

mhat

Enthusiast
Thank you, I'll go dig for it! I have been trying to check daily but there's just too many posts to keep up 100%.

Majorusa

Majorusa

Junior Audioholic
I haven't been able to get tv audio to earc to the A8A. I just figured it out. If surround AI is on no audio comes through. So make sure surround AI is off and use straight or surround decode. Happy it works now!!!

On my old receiver I loved when I could see on the actual unit what the audio format was playing. So it would show dts-HD or Atmos, etc. Anyone know how to change what the display on the receiver can show? If I have straight set then that's all it shows. Here's a pic with what my display shows.

Also when playing tv apps and playing the sound to the receiver via earc I can't go into the settings menu to see the info of the source and then output.

Yes. Go to web control in the tab System. There you have Color Key Type and set it to Display. Doing this will allow you to use the second to last and the last color buttons on the remote to cicle the information screens on your AVR display. There you can set the screen to see what type of decoder is using even on TV.
You can see limited information in the Musicast app too.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai

AI, works for TV eARC on my A4A. When I first set it up it didn't. I had to do a soft reset in tv settings for auto out. Turn off TV and AVR than back on and had audio. I pretty much leave AI
on for everything, except for music 2.1

Last edited:
J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Yes. Go to web control in the tab System. There you have Color Key Type and set it to Display. Doing this will allow you to use the second to last and the last color buttons on the remote to cicle the information screens on your AVR display. There you can set the screen to see what type of decoder is using even on TV.
Thanks I will try that out

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
AI, works for TV eARC on my A4A. When I first set it up it didn't. I had to do a soft reset in tv settings for auto out. Turn off TV and AVR than back on and had audio. I pretty much leave a AI
on for everything, except for music 2.1
Weird poop eh! Do you like AI? Better than surround decode? Are there any reviews of AI out there? Or someone comparing that to the other dsp?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Weird poop eh! Do you like AI? Better than surround decode? Are there any reviews of AI out there? Or someone comparing that to the other dsp?
Yes I like it a lot, especially for TV use. I use a antenna I don't have cable or satellite. I refuse to pay high prices to be advertised to. But with over the air each channel and I have about 26 of them they use different Dolby sound some 5.1 some nothing, it's all over the map. With AI it does it's thing I get a much better overall surround. With AI it adjusts live on the fly before the sound reaches your speaker's. Some tv channels are louder than others AI takes care of that, so like on one channel I'd get a low dialog or loud, evens it out.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks!

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
I tried to follow what you said but don't follow you. Can you show me screen shots? Thanks

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
I figured out how to change the front display on the unit. You press in the small dial and then turn left or right to change what's on the display. I wonder if there is a way to change it from the remote so you don't have to get off the couch lol

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis