What are you watching tonight?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Just watched World War Z on Paramount+ and man that movie is literally one of the best. It's so good, so unnerving, so scary, so freaky and Brad Pitt is so good in it. Great sound too, excellent bass at times.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Just watched World War Z on Paramount+ and man that movie is literally one of the best. It's so good, so unnerving, so scary, so freaky and Brad Pitt is so good in it. Great sound too, excellent bass at times.

I enjoy it, as well, and own the Blu-ray; was this the first time you saw it?

With regard to the bass -- on the Blu-ray's DTS-HD Master Audio track, there's a moment when Pitt's character and the Israeli soldier are hiding from a grenade blast in Jerusalem, and when that thing goes off, there's an LFE drop that almost sucks the air out of the room. It's brief, but if your volume is up high enough, you're gonna feel it...

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I enjoy it, as well, and own the Blu-ray; was this the first time you saw it?

With regard to the bass -- on the Blu-ray's DTS-HD Master Audio track, there's a moment when Pitt's character and the Israeli soldier are hiding from a grenade blast in Jerusalem, and when that thing goes off, there's an LFE drop that almost sucks the air out of the room. It's brief, but if your volume is up high enough, you're gonna feel it...
No, I've seen it many times. I think I own the Blu ray as well. I just happen to see it on Paramount+. Man it's just amazing, it looks me every time I see it.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
NBA Miami at Dallas. Gonna have to switch between this and the World Series.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
No, I've seen it many times. I think I own the Blu ray as well. I just happen to see it on Paramount+. Man it's just amazing, it looks me every time I see it.

I see; indeed, it is a great zombie flick, and I have read that the novel is good too, but it's supposed to be different from the film.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, fellas...I saw it was for rent at Redbox, so I figured I'd give it a shot. It's not getting good feedback from people who saw it on Redbox, but sometimes that's not something to go by...

J

JengaHit

Audioholic
Now: BUSTER POSEY Retirement Press Conference. Will really miss him behind the plate. Been a Giants fan a long time. Beyond all his field accomplishments: quiet leadership, integrity, character, community involvement. Wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a manager at some point, maybe managing the Giants. Or Braves? (He's from Georgia, grew up a Braves fan, and plans to move back there to be close to family.) CONGRATS to the Braves, BTW. They deserved it.

J

JengaHit

Audioholic
Any good? Shyamalan's been iffy since Unbreakable.

EDIT: Forgot about Signs. After that the only one I like is Split. Glass was OK. From The Village to The Last Airbender, they were all awful.

Last edited:
G

GotAudio

Audioholic

EDIT: Forgot about Signs. After that the only one I like is Split. Glass was OK. From The Village to The Last Airbender, they were all awful.
i give it a 5.5/10.. the Shyamalan twist didn’t shock me as much as perplex me..

I would categorize it as one of his fails..

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai

The Village was a great movie. Now "The happening" we are talking bad.

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
I know I got recommendations for other movies to push my sound system but I’m a real big Tom Hanks fan, even though some of his last movies were flops, I have a good feeling about this one. Plus it just came out tonight on Apple TV. 4K/Atmos

C9245577-C1F1-4264-BDF2-7605A4EC3A6F.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis