Have you guys heard about the new Monolith Encore speaker line

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I saw these up on Monoprices website for Monolith they actually look very interesting. Man I hope @shadyJ gets some in to review someday. They look very promising and I dig the look. Man monoprice is hitting it oughtta the park. Plus they redid all there subs to match the look of the new 13 and 16 they look a lot better too.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Too bad they couldn’t give a marketing teaser, at least. Three sentences about them woulda been nice…
But c’mon… an MTM center?! Bah!

Hopefully now with the Subs and new Speaks, Hobie will get his team to polish up the HTP-1! Still waiting on DTSX Pro and an HDMI 2.1 update…. And there is still a strange boot loop bug affecting some users.

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Too bad they Gould to give a marketing teaser, at least. Three sentences about them woulda been nice…

Hopefully now with the Subs and new Speaks, Hobie will get his team to polish up the HTP-1! Still waiting on DTSX Pro and an HDMI 2.1 update…. And there is still a strange boot loop bug affecting some users.
I don't think that's completely an MTM center the tweeter looks offset and I think the wave guide also plays a part in dispersion for that center. Also did you see how deep that tweeter is inset I bet that tweeter time aligns with those woofers really well.

If it is an MTM tho for 249.99 I think that's a badass bookshelf or LCR vertical for that price!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Too bad they Gould to give a marketing teaser, at least. Three sentences about them woulda been nice…

Also in an AV summit Hobie said that they have a ton of new products coming out next year. They would have rolled them out tho just couldn't due to the shipping issue right now so next year should be interesting from monoprice

D

D Murphy

Full Audioholic
I don't think that's completely an MTM center the tweeter looks offset and I think the wave guide also plays a part in dispersion for that center. Also did you see how deep that tweeter is inset I bet that tweeter time aligns with those woofers really well.

If it is an MTM tho for 249.99 I think that's a badass bookshelf or LCR vertical for that price!
A wave guide on the tweeter won't do anything to address the inherent problems of an MTM center. It might color the sound a bit, but the issue with an MTM is off-axis cancellation between the two woofers. That has nothing to do with the tweeter construction.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
A wave guide on the tweeter won't do anything to address the inherent problems of an MTM center. It might color the sound a bit, but the issue with an MTM is off-axis cancellation between the two woofers. That has nothing to do with the tweeter construction.
A waveguide can slightly help by allowing a slightly lower crossover frequency, but it can also hurt by pushing the woofers further away from each other than they would be otherwise.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
That's good to know thanks! Based on your experience does this look like an MTM center? I thought the tweeter looked offset but it was hard to tell

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
That's good to know thanks! Based on your experience does this look like an MTM center? I thought the tweeter looked offset but it was hard to tell
It's an MTM. It's not offset enough to matter. If you want to offset the tweeter enough to matter, you have to have the woofers close enough to each other that their distance is less than a wavelength of the highest frequency of their range. Here is an example of that. Manufacturers should copy that design more.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
It's an MTM. It's not offset enough to matter. If you want to offset the tweeter enough to matter, you have to have the woofers close enough to each other that their distance is less than a wavelength of the highest frequency of their range. Here is an example of that. Manufacturers should copy that design more.
Okay thanks!!! Good to know that's actually a cool looking center you linked

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
That's really nice for $800 for the pair. Will be very interesting to see the reviews come out. Monoprice could end up being the darling in that price range.
Too bad Monoprice don't even publish the specs.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Too bad Monoprice don't even publish the specs.
They do but not until they are available to ship which looks like Nov 4rth. It is annoying too have to wait that long though

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Oh this is interesting over on audio science review monolith guy who is Hobie confirmed a piano gloss black is coming out for the v2 10 12 and 15 subs I imagine a piano gloss is coming out for the 13 and 16 too. Pretty cool He even showed a pic

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Oh this is interesting over on audio science review monolith guy who is Hobie confirmed a piano gloss black is coming out for the v2 10 12 and 15 subs I imagine a piano gloss is coming out for the 13 and 16 too. Pretty cool He even showed a pic
Nice but I will always prefer mat black which hides fingerprints and dust. The fingerprints I can control but the dust I can't. :eek:

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Nice but I will always prefer mat black which hides fingerprints and dust. The fingerprints I can control but the dust I can't. :eek:
I just use piano cleaner for black gloss on mine it's easy to order off of Amazon but your right you do have to keep them clean

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis