Denon avr-6700h capable to drive Polk Lsi9 (4ohm)?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
At the moment only one is connected, and its seems to keep it cool. I used a power cube from an old iPhone for the USB power connection. My Atmos system uses an auto sensing power bar. When the X4400H turns on, the bar switches other outlets for auxiliary devices to on (Fans, Blu-Ray, etc.). You may find something like that helpful.

In your case, I'd try it with the present Fans if they are above the receiver (heated air rises), and see if the X6700H gets too warm. Although at $10.99 each it's cheap insurance.

I did some calculations and your set-up will get very loud with the X6700H (or X4700H).

Please let us know what speaker arrangement you decide to go with. And eventually, how it all sounds when setup.

I hope this is helpful.
I think even one 80 mm fan would be enough for a lot of people. The reason I prefer two is to make sure I can set them to the lowest speed so that I cannot hear them from where I sit.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I think even one 10 mm fan would be enough for a lot of people. The reason I prefer two is to make sure I can set them to the lowest speed so that I cannot hear them from where I sit.
10 mm fans? Sure you don’t more than two? :D

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
10 mm fans? Sure you don’t more than two? :D
Trell,

10 mm has got to be a typo. We should be talking about 120 x 120 x 25 mm Fans here. They also offer a 140mm version which you could run slower (less noise) if you desire. Two is sufficient.

For grins, I checked mine yesterday and I had hooked up both 120mm units. I guess I forgot I did that. :rolleyes:

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Trell,

10 mm has got to be a typo. We should be talking about 120 x 120 x 25 mm Fans here. They also offer a 140mm version which you could run slower (less noise) if you desire. Two is sufficient.

For grins, I checked mine yesterday and I had hooked up both 120mm units. I guess I forgot I did that. :rolleyes:
I know, I'm just making a little fun of his typo. :)

I've three Noctua NF-A12x25 5V PWM fans on top of my Denon AVR-X4200W with two powered by the TV and one by the Oppo player from USB port.They are very quiet and speed is controlled using two Noctua NA-FC fan controllers.

If you want bigger fan there is also the Noctua NF-A20 5V PWM that is a 200 mm fan, but might be a little awkward with more than two of those on top of your receiver. :D

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Noctua is a premium fan and CPU cooler supplier for computers (another hobby). Of course you'll pay more but you'll have no noise or operational complaints. Except the Infinity Fans come with rubber feet and a controller for speed which make them a very good value for the price.;)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Noctua is a premium fan and CPU cooler supplier for computers (another hobby). Of course you'll pay more but you'll have no noise or operational complaints. Except the Infinity Fans come with rubber feet and a controller for speed which make them a very good value for the price.;)
Yeah, I've been using Noctua for many years for PC and are happy with the results I've gotten, both excellent cooling and low/no noise. Works very well on top of my Denon using the 5V PWM series, and the first ones was two Noctua 80 mm 5V PWM fans since that was what I could fit in my AV-rack that had a diagonal bracer. With new wall mounted LG OLED and new AV-rack I could even upgrade my fans. :)

The Noctua fans comes with silicon feet, of sorts, that I use after trimming:

1634921722149.png

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
That's a mount for a computer case fan application. But it could work as feet I guess.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
That's a mount for a computer case fan application. But it could work as feet I guess.
Yup, drag it through the mount hole and cut of the excess for low profile feet. Now, if only the fans where available black.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I know, I'm just making a little fun of his typo. :)

I've three Noctua NF-A12x25 5V PWM fans on top of my Denon AVR-X4200W with two powered by the TV and one by the Oppo player from USB port.They are very quiet and speed is controlled using two Noctua NA-FC fan controllers.

If you want bigger fan there is also the Noctua NF-A20 5V PWM that is a 200 mm fan, but might be a little awkward with more than two of those on top of your receiver. :D
6 years old X4200W driving 4 ohm Canton's or you use ext. amp(s)? If that's the case you should tell TLSG that not all AVR amps are that bad if used wisely, next time he says horrible things about them..:) Good thing you got 3 fans on top though..

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
6 years old X4200W driving 4 ohm Canton's or you use ext. amp(s)? If that's the case you should tell TLSG that not all AVR amps are that bad if used wisely, next time he says horrible things about them..:) Good thing you got 3 fans on top though..
The 4 Ohms Cantons are driven by the AVR only in my 5.2 setup.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis