SVS big price increases!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
300 dollars a speaker? 600 a pair is a lot of money. All of that is justified with shipping costs? I just think they made a huge mistake, not a small one, a huge one. They have some very loyal customers, me being one, but they have priced themselves completely out of my budget. If others follow them I will understand.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Het, this is what I, and others have been saying. SVS isn’t the first, only nor will they be the last to raise prices.
Also, as I, and others have said, most of the people that buy SVS do so in part because of their customer support policies. These policies include free shipping BOTH WAYS… as well as their other support practices (how many have received replacement parts?), the upgrade policy that they honor even outside the first year, etc.

THESE COSTS ARE ALL INCLUDED IN THEIR PRICING!
You paid for it, as does every single SVS customer, whether you use it or not.

This is just the way of their business model and operation.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Iam glad I got my Pb 1000 pros when I did 1250 for the duel set is looking like a hell of a buy now !
And now it's what, 1,600? Look if these are all legit issues, and these prices increases are justified then it's ok. They need to explain though I think. They seem super open and honest but I never heard anything about this. I watch their YouTube/Facebook live show, happy hour I think it's called. They didn't discuss this on there.
RSL increased the price of the Speedwoofer 10S by I think 24 bucks but explained it, shipping costs and parts costs and that this doesn't add a penny of profit. It's just to cover costs.
Also I would respect and deal with the cost increase of they said we are moving manufacturing back to the US and these are the new prices for that. I would be more inclined to buy at these prices of they did that. On fact I would probably force myself to buy something from them in that situation.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Have been seeing Yamaha RX-A 3080’s and 2080’s on eBay going for like 1.990.00 all summer new not refurbished the last I looked the other day they jumped up to 2.200.00 across the board .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
And now it's what, 1,600? Look if these are all legit issues, and these prices increases are justified then it's ok. They need to explain though I think. They seem super open and honest but I never heard anything about this. I watch their YouTube/Facebook live show, happy hour I think it's called. They didn't discuss this on there.
RSL increased the price of the Speedwoofer 10S by I think 24 bucks but explained it, shipping costs and parts costs and that this doesn't add a penny of profit. It's just to cover costs.
Also I would respect and deal with the cost increase of they said we are moving manufacturing back to the US and these are the new prices for that. I would be more inclined to buy at these prices of they did that. On fact I would probably force myself to buy something from them in that situation.

I’ve caught a couple of the live streams . I can see an increase of up to 50 bucks but this is a lot across the whole product line . It will make quality used gear look even better to many .
They would be close to what they were asking for Pb-2000 pros were last spring .

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I’ve caught a couple of the live streams . I can see an increase of up to 50 bucks but this is a lot across the whole product line . It will make quality used gear look even better to many .
They would be close to what they were asking for Pb-2000 pros were last spring .
Exactly, even 100 bucks across the board but 300? 600 on a pair of something is a little much. That's all I'm saying. I'm not angry at SVS, they can do what they want. I'm out of their price range now though. I wanted another PB-2000 Pro at some point, but I don't think that's gonna happen now.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Exactly, even 100 bucks across the board but 300? 600 on a pair of something is a little much. That's all I'm saying. I'm not angry at SVS, they can do what they want. I'm out of their price range now though. I wanted another PB-2000 Pro at some point, but I don't think that's gonna happen now.

I was looking at adding a pair of 2000 pros in the spring may have to rethink the game plan . About every thing they sell is made in China and that’s about as an unstable market as there is right now but they ain’t the only one . Before the first of the year we’ll see a lot of increases in products made over there .

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Prices for good used gear is rising and fast. People like me who want to avoid Far Eastern gear will pay a premium for good used gear.

Take my Quad 909 power amps exquisitely built and designed in the UK, that sold I think in the US for $999.00 in the US 20 years ago. I own 10 of these superb amps and bought them at between $600 and $900 each used on eBay.

Now just look at the prices these are commanding.
With so much of electronics (as well as much other) sourced from Far East that goes into locally produced gear one has to decide how much avoidance one can live with.

My RME ADI-2 DAC FS is Made in Germany but the DAC chip AK4493 is not. I've two Made in USA microphones from Earthworks Audio but unsure how much of it is actually made there. I've Genelec monitors/subwoofer Made in Finland but not all internals are made there. My MOTU M2 is "Built in USA", whatever that means. Some of my Canton speakers are Made in Germany while some are made in East Europe, but I think that Canton produces their own drives, but who knows where the components for the crossovers comes from. And then I've SVS subwoofers.

Not that straightforward, in my opinion.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Everything is going up in price, its not just "audio" , everything. " It is , what it is ".

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Everything is going up in price, its not just "audio" , everything. " It is , what it is ".
Spot on one only has to go to the grocery store or a home improvement store it’s really a shocker on some of the items wood products are comeing down now although not to the levels they were pre pandemic.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
It's the reality. prices will go up and I don't think most of these companies are just screwing us. It also might put an opportunity on buying like new used gear or holding onto some of the extras we might have as new stuff is feeling out of reach especially for next level speakers to what we have now

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
It’s a good time to sit on the sidelines and enjoy the gear I already own. Maybe save up some money. That will give the AVR guys a couple years to get the bugs out of HDMI 2.1. :)

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
It’s a good time to sit on the sidelines and enjoy the gear I already own. Maybe save up some money. That will give the AVR guys a couple years to get the bugs out of HDMI 2.1. :)
Yeah that's what this has me thinking, just sit on the sidelines and wait for the smoke to clear. I wanted to replace my RSL CG23s LCR with CG5s but I think I'll wait now. I always wanted a paid of SVS Prime elevations for Atmos and I think I'm holding off on that too. This all will my make my wife happy I know that.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yep. I went to buy tires for my truck. Knew what I wanted. Out of stock. Not one shop in the entire US had them.

Asked for option #2. Same.

They had option #3, but had to order them from different stores. Price was fine, but EVERYTHING is having supply issues.

It's crazy.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ships are waiting outside of Long Beach because they can't be unloaded fast enough due to the lack of longshoremen and trucking is screwed because of the driver shortage. Shipped goods are being sent by rail, which screws smaller companies because the big fish get priority on trains, so the small guys need to find alternative methods in order to satisfy their customers. A friend works for a commercial/industrial lighting supplier and he was supposed to be doing something today, but he just texted me that their customers are upset about the delays in supply- it's affecting just about everyone. How Amazon is able to ship quickly is beyond me. I saw that Costco is renting three container ships and thousands of containers, to provide a buffer for their supply chain and have been putting limits on purchases of some items.

This has become a perfect storm of shyte. FedEx has sucked for over a year and my last equipment orders have been late, went to the wrong address, information about tracking was incorrect and some of the people at the FedEx store are totally incompetent. They aren't even requiring signatures for packages!
And from what it looks like the trucker shortage is going to take at least 2 years to restabilize. From what I've read they couldn't do the certification and training that's required online that is needed to hire new truckers when Covid hit and it really impacted there numbers

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah I was thinking of making some purchases next year not anymore. Not until the market calms down I think your absolutely right. No buying for me either

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah I was thinking of making some purchases next year not anymore. Not until the market calms down I think your absolutely right. No buying for me either
Markets calming down? You might think otherwise if the GOP makes true their threat of not paying the bills for expenses they voted for and USA defaults on their debt:

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Markets calming down? You might think otherwise if the GOP makes true their threat of not paying the bills for expenses they voted for and USA defaults on their debt:

Yeah things are pretty crazy over here right now. Time to slow some things down focus on priorities. Unfortunately audio isn't going to be one of those priorities.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Man, I'm glad I'm pretty set. I'm happy with what I have now and outside of the typical itch, no real need to upgrade anything.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Just got an alert that JBL 570s back on sale at $199.. Harmon doesn't seem to care. They might gain some nice share in this time but they are probably leaving money on the table (don't tell them that)

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Just got an alert that JBL 570s back on sale at $199.. Harmon doesn't seem to care. They might gain some nice share in this time but they are probably leaving money on the table (don't tell them that)
Oh not again. Can I pass that up a second time? What the hell to do. I hate the center channel in this model line. That's stopping me right there.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis